Hello Everyone, Ive been reading this site for about a year...I have a non-so smart phone, but looking to upgrade once my Contract with Sprint(which has pissed me off for the past year). I am looking to switch my cell provider to either veizon with the storm or tmobile with the 8900 curve. Now, Ive been addicted to the crack sensation of Blackberry ever since my buddy got his 8330.

Now I am looking for help on deciding what phone to get.
    Its up between the Curve 8900 or the Storm.

The Storm is what I want. The Curve is what my wallet wants. If i was to get the Curve it be with T-Mobile, which seems affordable per month. The Storm has a great network with Verizon but their contracts are pricey each month. Any Suggestions?

I tried entering what would you do for a Storm contest, but I guess my idea wasn't up to par.
    11-16-08 12:17 AM
    Forget price, as the price only hurts ONCE... which is when you buy it.

You need to decide HOW you want to use your phone.

The Storm is touch screen, the Curve has a full QWERTY keyboard.

If you plan to send lots of text (which seems to happen when you have a cool, easy-to-use phone), the fully QWERTY keyboard is a must-have.

I had a LG Voyager which is a touch screen, and I personally hated it - it was NOT practical to use in everyday life - even though it had a full keyboard if you flipped the screen up. The touch screen would inadvertently unlock itself and call people randomly when it was in my pocket.

Spend time really thinking about how you're going to use it, and the answer will come easy. Don't be tempted by the new "bright, shiny object", as it's a temporary infatuation with limited bragging rights. Using the phone daily is what you're after, and will create long-time happiness! If you're not a person who types a lot - then the Storm is for you!

If you have other questions, PM me.

Good luck in your decision. No matter what, it's personal preference, and there's no possible way to go wrong with a BB, no matter what you decide.

BTW, welcome to the CB family!!!
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 11-16-08 at 12:29 AM.
    11-16-08 12:22 AM
    Welcome to CB. I just joined up myself and I already found so much info. I love this place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 12:34 AM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy your addiction
    11-16-08 12:35 AM
    I have to agree with what PaintedPony suggested above. I had a touch screen Treo and I hated it like PP said, the touch screen would get accidentally touched and call someone without me knowing. Also when on a call, my ear would touch the screen and do funny things--sometimes bumping the disconnect button on the screen and I'd end up disconnecting the call in the middle of a conversation. The touch screen ended up being a source of frustration.

The Curve is a great phone and the 8900 will even be an improvement over the current model.

Whatever you decide you'll have a great device. BB's are just that way

11-16-08 12:49 AM
    Welcome to cb!

11-16-08 11:21 AM
    Forget price, as the price only hurts ONCE... which is when you buy it.

You need to decide HOW you want to use your phone.

The Storm is touch screen, the Curve has a full QWERTY keyboard.

If you plan to send lots of text (which seems to happen when you have a cool, easy-to-use phone), the fully QWERTY keyboard is a must-have.

I had a LG Voyager which is a touch screen, and I personally hated it - it was NOT practical to use in everyday life - even though it had a full keyboard if you flipped the screen up. The touch screen would inadvertently unlock itself and call people randomly when it was in my pocket.

Spend time really thinking about how you're going to use it, and the answer will come easy. Don't be tempted by the new "bright, shiny object", as it's a temporary infatuation with limited bragging rights. Using the phone daily is what you're after, and will create long-time happiness! If you're not a person who types a lot - then the Storm is for you!

If you have other questions, PM me.

Good luck in your decision. No matter what, it's personal preference, and there's no possible way to go wrong with a BB, no matter what you decide.

BTW, welcome to the CB family!!!
    Couldn't of put it any better. Welcome aboard!

11-16-08 01:22 PM
    Welcome to CB. Glad you jumped in. I personally want keys and not touch screen but to each their own. I really like my Curve at this point.
    11-16-08 01:30 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.

11-16-08 01:35 PM
    Hey welcome! I have to agree with the posts above. Touch screens are cool however they are kind of a pain for texting. Especially if you have big hands. Also I'm a sprint rep so if your having issues shoot me a pm and ill try to help ya best I can or at least point you in the right direction.

11-16-08 01:41 PM
    Thanks for all the replies! Appreciate it. I have a friend who is with verizon and his LG Chocolate is crapping out on him and he is going to get the Storm. Ill play with that a little and see how that is. My buddy has the 8330 Curve so I know what ill be getting out of the Curve. Thanks for all the input fellas!

Also I'm a sprint rep so if your having issues shoot me a pm and ill try to help ya best I can or at least point you in the right direction.
    My buddy with the 8330 has sprint as well. He has no trouble with them. Its basically the phone reps who give me trouble or misunderstand what i want, then i would have to pay extra or whatnot. Then sometimes my calls wont call out, ill have to hang up and call so it can call out. Iunno its weird. I just wanna try a new network. I've been them for 4 years and the past 2 years its been really troubling. Especially this year. If i have any trouble ill toss u a PM. Thank you
    11-16-08 02:09 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-16-08 03:24 PM
    Storm looks pretty tight. +1 for storm.
    11-17-08 12:33 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-17-08 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD