Hi there, the other day my z10 decided to not turn on, so i thought i'll battery pull it and reset it that way, i did this and sure enough the blue loading bar came up and filled up and then blackberry 10 splashed across the screen and the blue led was on and all was good until the blue led turned off and it went back to the loading bar, loaded again and decided it was going to give up, I did this a number of times to the same result and then the next day it randomly came on, until i pressed to lock button to lock it and it started counting down to turn off, i pressed cancel while it was counting down and it went back to the home screen then about 3 seconds later it just died on me and restarted twice, got stuck and gave up as it had before. So I backed it up and reloaded the operating system (10.2.1.2977), today I hadnt restored the backup file and was using it fine pressing the lock button to lock it then unlocking it, then on about the 5th or 6th time I pressed the lock button it froze for three seconds then went back to its old ways of restarting and giving up after it had restarted and given up though I tried turning it on and it turned on fine so it is now semi functional and I have restored the backup file but i dont know how many times I can lock it before it plays up and when its going to go again on its own
    sorry for the essay but im at my wits end right now
    please help!
    Chris
    08-29-14 02:45 PM
    My guess is that the battery is not properly held into place. When you are pressing the button you are also pressing on the battery door, making it to lose contact with the mainboard.

Put a piece of paper on the top of the battery (oposite to the contacts) to hold it steady and test it again to see if that has solved the problem.
    Last edited by serbanescu; 08-29-14 at 03:08 PM.
    08-29-14 02:54 PM
    How old? Warranty?

Not a real fix but you could avoid using the Lock button and let it lapse into Standby mode or lock mode or get a case with the sleep magnet.

I don't think there are any "lock/sleep" apps by 3rd parties.
    08-29-14 05:37 PM