Hey guys I am having a problem running android apps. I download my apps straight from snap and I'm running os 10.2.1.2977. The download and install seem to go seamlessly, but when I go to run the app, it gets to the loading screen and then crashes. This happens with multiple apps, such as simpsons tapped out, candy crush and many more apps that I have tried downloading. Thinking about restoring my phone but I'm not sure if it would help.

Any help with my problem would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:29 PM
    Hey guys I am having a problem running android apps. I download my apps straight from snap and I'm running os 10.2.1.2977. The download and install seem to go seamlessly, but when I go to run the app, it gets to the loading screen and then crashes. This happens with multiple apps, such as simpsons tapped out, candy crush and many more apps that I have tried downloading. Thinking about restoring my phone but I'm not sure if it would help.

Posted via CB10
    Restoring your phone should not solve this problem.

It sounds like you are picking apps that rely on Google Services to run. Try downloading apps that do not rely on Google Services, like the ones from Amazon. There are plenty in Snap that also do not rely on Google Services. If you are adventurous, you can browse the Android app forums and find some workaround solutions for some of the Google Services reliant apps.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-28-14 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Your android runtime is corrupted. Install a new os through autoloader or reload your os. Try not to restore from backup this time
    Josh Ponte likes this.
    08-28-14 01:39 PM
    Restoring your phone should not solve this problem.

It sounds like you are picking apps that reply on Google Services to run. Try downloading apps that do not rely on Google Services, like the ones from Amazon. There are plenty in Snap that also do not rely on Google Services. If you are adventurous, you can browse the Android app forums and find some workaround solutions for some of the Google Services reliant apps.
    Candy crush doesnt rely on google services. Your comment is wrong because if the problem was google services, the app would either ask you to login to google services or it'd force close. I experienced what op is experiencing in the past and it was a corrupt runtime
    08-28-14 01:40 PM
    That might be so. Never heard of a corrupt Android runtime before but when I first loaded Candy crush via snap it worked fine, then it told me of an update and it forced closed. I loaded the Amazon version and it worked fine. It may be wrong as you say but more and more apps in Google Play seem to be expecting Google Services.

As a test try loading Amazon apps and if they work fine, you have your answer.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:08 PM
    That might be so. Never heard of a corrupt Android runtime before but when I first loaded Candy crush via snap it worked fine, then it told me of an update and it forced closed. I loaded the Amazon version and it worked fine. It may be wrong as you say but more and more apps in Google Play seem to be expecting Google Services.

As a test try loading Amazon apps and if they work fine, you have your answer.

Posted via CB10
    A corrupt runtime usually happens when you side load a runtime from a different os that isn't compatible or when you restore from backup, there's a chance it'll corrupt

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:51 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try side loading 10.3 on here as I was having some media card issues as well. Hopefully this will fix the runtime (if it is corrupt) if not, maybe the update in the runtime will make the phone able to run the apps. I don't think the app needs play services, as all the apps that I have downloaded that need play services, state that when I try to run them.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 04:50 PM
    Thanks guys. I'm going to try side loading 10.3 on here as I was having some media card issues as well. Hopefully this will fix the runtime (if it is corrupt) if not, maybe the update in the runtime will make the phone able to run the apps. I don't think the app needs play services, as all the apps that I have downloaded that need play services, state that when I try to run them.

Posted via CB10
    I will say that when I first loaded (well, twice) 10.3.xxxx, I RESTORED my phone/settings/data. Android apps would not load. It was only on my 3rd install where I gave up trying to restore that things started working again. I gather others have had this with restoring after a 10.3 Autoloader. Others have not had any such problems. I have to admit that I must have had 20 or 30 apps on there that I had never used, both native and android. So my z10 is cleaner (for the moment)
    Josh Ponte likes this.
    08-29-14 05:40 PM
    Sometimes updating apps will cause them to crash like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:53 PM
    Thanks for all the help guys. I installed 10.3.0.675 and it seems to have solved everything. But now new problems have come up due to installing a beta os. Hopefully 10.3.1 comes out for the Z10 soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:41 PM