Looking to find out how you know if you are connected to a data source through wifi. An example (a very Canadian example) would be if you are at Tim Horton's and connect to their wifi. You may not be connected to the data until after you accept their conditions. I thought I read somewhere that if you see the blackberry symbol to the right of the wifi symbol that means you are connected to data however I don't think this is always the case.

P.S. Rocking OS 10.3.0.1052 on a Q10
    08-28-14 01:00 PM
    Here is a simple way:
    Toggle off your mobile signal, then test browsing.

You could then switch your mobile signal back on.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:09 PM
    Looking to find out how you know if you are connected to a data source through wifi. An example (a very Canadian example) would be if you are at Tim Horton's and connect to their wifi. You may not be connected to the data until after you accept their conditions. I thought I read somewhere that if you see the blackberry symbol to the right of the wifi symbol that means you are connected to data however I don't think this is always the case.

P.S. Rocking OS 10.3.0.1052 on a Q10
    I believe the best way to know is by opening the browser and search on google. Simple and guaranteed success
    08-28-14 01:11 PM
    I believe the best way to know is by opening the browser and search on google. Simple and guaranteed success
    By doing that how do you know if the browser data coming in is from wifi data or network data? I guess I am assuming that if you are connected to wifi with no data that it reverts back to network. If that is not true then I get what you are saying.
    08-28-14 01:13 PM
    By doing that how do you know if the browser data coming in is from wifi data or network data? I guess I am assuming that if you are connected to wifi with no data that it reverts back to network. If that is not true then I get what you are saying.
    Turn off network data first
    08-28-14 01:22 PM
    When you connect to wi-fi the phone connects to a BlackBerry server and downloads a simple page, the one that you see after you agree to terms in fact. If it can't get that page by Wi-Fi it will tell you the connection is limited and the BlackBerry logo won't be seen.

Many feel this system is too sensitive. If it can't get to BlackBerry it won't use the Wi-Fi, even if it can get to other places. This is the same way Windows determines if it has an internet connection, except it uses a Microsoft server.

So if you see the BlackBerry logo beside the Wi-Fi you can be quite sure you are using Wi-Fi. If you see the Wi-Fi but not BB you may still use Wi-Fi by turning off wireless data.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3066922) likes this.
    08-28-14 04:47 PM
    Very simple
    Go to main settings screen. Swipe from the top.
    Turn OFF data from your cell provider.
    If you can access the Internet you are on wifi
    If not you are not

Posted by Jerbru
    08-28-14 07:08 PM
    The blackberry logo beside the wifi logo on the top right side

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052 on Bell with Unlimited Data
    08-28-14 09:30 PM