Hi all!

I'm searching for an used tablet to download torrents and watch soccer streaming on xbmc.

Because I'm a very satisfied Q5 user, I've looked for BlackBerry tablets but to my surprise there's only Playbook from 2011. I've got the opportunity to get an used playbook 64gb for 50? due to having the screen with several scratches but the tablet itself is fully working.

Do you think that the playbook it's, in end of August 2014, still a good deal for the purposes I intend for a tablet? Other options are the nexus 7 and the lg g pad 7 also both used but more expensive than the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:31 AM
    Hi all!

I'm searching for an used tablet to download torrents and watch soccer streaming on xbmc.

Because I'm a very satisfied Q5 user, I've looked for BlackBerry tablets but to my surprise there's only Playbook from 2011. I've got the opportunity to get an used playbook 64gb for 50? due to having the screen with several scratches but the tablet itself is fully working.

Do you think that the playbook it's, in end of August 2014, still a good deal for the purposes I intend for a tablet? Other options are the nexus 7 and the lg g pad 7 also both used but more expensive than the playbook.

Posted via CB10
    I've found the Wi-Fi a little inconsistent, always had issues with streaming movies. Not sure how well it will work with torrents.

Biggest issue will be formats you watch videos in, PlayBook only likes a few of them... I always had to use a computer to convert files.

For $50, it isn't bad... great sound and the screen looks good. But for just a little more you can get a brand new Android Tablet that might do more of what you want.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-28-14 07:12 AM
    I have tried low cost android tablets, don't waste your money. The PlayBook is still much better for me than the cheap ones but if you have some coin then go for the higher end ones. If you have never used a tablet you will find that they are handy for most entertainment purposes and some business purposes. I spend more time on the Playbook that I ever thought I would. Do take notice of the video formats however, that can nix the PlayBook for ease of use!
    cbeeches likes this.
    08-28-14 03:27 PM
    If i had the same opportunity for $50 I would snap it up . . . would leave it with Mom hooked up to her new hdmi equipped TV for the video chat utility !

that said you best do some more research regards your video and torrent compatiblities !

good luck, with whatever direction ya go !
    08-28-14 05:19 PM
    Try the Kaleem soft video player. It plays just about all video formats. It's not free, ($6.99),but it is worth it
    08-29-14 09:41 AM
    There's no xbmc on playbook, Kalem will play just about all formats loaded on the pb or media server/nas though.

Suggest you look into alt methods of streaming your channels, whether it's direct from Web browser (pb has flash)?? Torrents, others on here have side loaded an android torrent app if you do a search..

Good lick..

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 12:03 PM