Top 5 Reasons T-Mobile and Metro PCS Customers Should Switch Now to Cricket Wireless - FierceWireless

"Atlanta, GA, Aug. 22, 2014 -- Cricket Wireless is offering T-Mobile and Metro PCS customers a $100 bill credit and five great reasons to switch. The $100 bill credit* offer is available from Aug. 24 to Oct. 19, 2014, at Cricket stores nationwide and online.� There is no limit on the number of lines a customer can switch to Cricket, receiving a $100 bill credit for each line transferred."

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:27 AM
    Interesting. But Cricket caps speeds at 4mbps and 8mbps for H+ and LTE, respectively. I love the competition they're giving TMO though.
    08-28-14 12:21 PM
    Yes, the reduced speed is in the Cricket terms.

I haven't determined if Straight Talk does this.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:22 PM
    Yes, the reduced speed is in the Cricket terms.

I haven't determined if Straight Talk does this.
    Straight Talk is its own can of worms. No roaming, no hotspot, no video streaming, and shady, arbitrary throttling policies. Top that off with non-existent customer service.
    08-28-14 07:52 PM
    Straight Talk is its own can of worms. No roaming, no hotspot, no video streaming, and shady, arbitrary throttling policies. Top that off with non-existent customer service.
    I have no hot spot. T-mobile thinks a nine year customer on a Classic plan isn't worthy of a free hotspot, though they will gladly sell me one. Roaming? If I had access to AT$T towers, I wouldn't need roaming.

How do they restrict video streaming?

Yes, T-mobile had decent CSR.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:42 PM
    The T-Mobile $50 Simple Choice plan includes Mobile Hotspot.
    08-29-14 11:46 AM
    The T-Mobile $50 Simple Choice plan includes Mobile Hotspot.
    . I switched off the old plan last year.
    08-29-14 11:47 AM
    Had I known the classic plans had such restrictions, I would have considered switching. However the phone was substantially cheaper under the classic plan.

My current plan is unlimited data, no texting, and 1500 minutes of talk. I don't text. In fact, I block texting for security reasons. I use about 500 to 600 minutes A month. Basically my present plan works for me, except that they eliminated the tethering I used to have.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 03:47 PM
    Had I known the classic plans had such restrictions, I would have considered switching. However the phone was substantially cheaper under the classic plan.

My current plan is unlimited data, no texting, and 1500 minutes of talk. I don't text. In fact, I block texting for security reasons. I use about 500 to 600 minutes A month. Basically my present plan works for me, except that they eliminated the tethering I used to have.
    Sounds like you would benefit from Simple Choice. They used to have a migration fee if you were under 18 months from your last subsidized phone purchase. If you really want to switch, maybe give them a call, see if they'd waive the fee for a nine year customer? I don't know your particular situation, but I believe subsidies in general are gone from TMO--even through third party upgrades, so you have had your last subsidized phone.

On all SC plans but the unlimited, you can tether all of your HS data.
    08-29-14 04:04 PM