Can't see why they'd choose Windows phones apart from cost, but this is not a good show of faith for Blackberry.

Police switch from Blackberrys to Windows phones - and Cambridgeshire officers are allowed to update Facebook on the beat | Cambridge News
    08-28-14 03:02 AM
    Because windowsphones have also windows tablets, making a paperless office easier to achieve. Bb doesn't have a tablet like that.
    08-28-14 03:43 AM
    They're using a very old BBOS phones...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 03:56 AM
    They're using a very old BBOS phones...

Posted via CB10
    So? It's still another corporate entity leaving BlackBerry. Not good.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-28-14 05:29 AM
    This story came out like 4 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:40 AM
    Nothing says Authority like a man in a uniform with a Ronald McDonald phone.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup likes this.
    08-28-14 10:08 AM
    What can be said about the organizational management of an operation such as this that allows Facebook updating while on a job that requires paying close attention to one's surroundings? That might explain a lot about the decision of which phone system to utilize.
    08-28-14 10:19 AM
    What can be said about the organizational management of an operation such as this that allows Facebook updating while on a job that requires paying close attention to one's surroundings? That might explain a lot about the decision of which phone system to utilize.
    Yes. Poking fun at the organization totally changes the fact that BlackBerry is losing another client. Way to divert.

Mr4aces likes this.
    08-28-14 12:26 PM
    Yes. Poking fun at the organization totally changes the fact that BlackBerry is losing another client. Way to divert.

Maybe we should boycott that department?
    That'll show em!!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Cynycl likes this.
    08-28-14 12:28 PM
    Did they try out the new bb10 phones? Their 6 year old BBOS phones are so outdated...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 12:56 PM
    Everyone should get a grip of themselves because it is very unrealistic to expect that BlackBerry or any other company will have 100% retention of its customers. It's called "You win some, You lose some ".

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:07 PM
    It's just the usual Crackberry forums script regarding entities moving away. Rationalizing is much easier than worrying or believing.

1. Well, now I now why they suck.
    2. They must like getting hacked.
    3. No wonder they are going down the tubes.

[yawn]
    08-28-14 01:16 PM
    Maybe we should boycott that department?
    That'll show em!!!!!!
    Ha!
    08-28-14 01:25 PM
    Did they try out the new bb10 phones? Their 6 year old BBOS phones are so outdated...

Posted via CB10
    Why does everyone have to tryout BB10 before selecting another platform? Should try tryout each different OS?

Why can't they just pick what's right for them!

08-28-14 01:28 PM
    Um.... BB10 also has Facebook lol. Actually, your point makes even less sense since BB10 even comes with Facebook and twitter preinstalled.
    08-28-14 01:31 PM
    Old news, must be getting desperate for some negative news.

Posted via CB10
    Heinz Katchup and notafanboy like this.
    08-28-14 01:34 PM
    This story came out like 4 months ago.

Posted via CB10
    There must be another thread on this somewhere. If not as stated by webber27 this is old news. Will someone please kill this thread.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-28-14 01:34 PM
    Why does everyone have to tryout BB10 before selecting another platform? Should try tryout each different OS?

And how does one do that if they don't try out various platforms?
    In the end, they will pick the platform that is right for them, but I have to assume they looked at all available solutions before making their choice. Doing otherwise is somewhat stupid.

So they likely did look at bb10, and Android, and ios and went with what was best for them... or what the decision maker's uncle sells :-P.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:39 PM
    Kill! This! Threaaaadd!! Old news is bad news!

Posted with X10 via CB10
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-28-14 01:43 PM
    And how does one do that if they don't try out various platforms?
    In the end, they will pick the platform that is right for them, but I have to assume they looked at all available solutions before making their choice. Doing otherwise is somewhat stupid.

So they likely did look at bb10, and Android, and ios and went with what was best for them... or what the decision maker's uncle sells :-P.

Posted via CB10
    Of course they looked at different options. They don't have to do a full on trial of BB10 in order to satisfy the CB10 crowd.

sentimentGX4 likes this.
    08-28-14 01:44 PM
    Most police services I have knowledge of would absolutely frown on, if not completely ban the use of a smartphone to update Facebook.

It's stupid, unprofessional and dangerous

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:47 PM

Um, because it's the smart thing to do? If I was switching platforms it'll be downright stupid to not try them all first...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-28-14 07:51 PM
    It's just the usual Crackberry forums script regarding entities moving away. Rationalizing is much easier than worrying or believing.

1. Well, now I now why they suck.
    2. They must like getting hacked.
    3. No wonder they are going down the tubes.

[yawn]
    you forgot one:

- Followed by naysayers who regularly enjoy jeering and revelling at every opportunity when bad news arises and feel the need to jump in and point this out for kicks ;-) Ying and a Yang really. People obsessed with defending BlackBerry and people obsessed with cutting them down.

I thought this was a new story, then I remembered reading it four months ago.
    theRock1975 and Heinz Katchup like this.
    08-28-14 07:53 PM
    you forgot one:

- Followed by naysayers who regularly enjoy jeering and revelling at every opportunity when bad news arises and feel the need to jump in and point this out for kicks ;-) Ying and a Yang really. People obsessed with defending BlackBerry and people obsessed with cutting them down.

I thought this was a new story, then I remembered reading it four months ago.
    So anyone who reports bad news is cutting down BlackBerry? So what should they do just pretend that all bad news doesn't exist?

08-28-14 07:58 PM
    So anyone who reports bad news is cutting down BlackBerry? So what should they do just pretend that all bad news doesn't exist?

When the story is 4 count em' 4 months old. It ain't news it's history. Try some real news for a change regarding BlackBerry.
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-28-14 08:03 PM
28 12