I'm going to go to Europe next summer, and I want to take and use my BlackBerry Z10. I'm not sure how to go about it. Can someone help me?.. thanks!..

Z10
    08-26-14 01:01 PM
    Get a roaming package/local plan (depending on duration and your carrier) and don't expect LTE. That's about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:04 PM
    You have two options: 1. keep your TMO SIM card in your phone (if you're going on vacation, or a short trip,) or 2. Put local (European) SIMs in your phone (if you're moving permanently, or don't care to have communication with US while you're in Europe.)

For option 2, you would need to get your phone unlocked. If you bought your Z10 from TMO, it shouldn't be a big deal, call them and asking them for the unlock code. Then, in Europe, you get local SIM cards and put them in your phone. Keep in mind, anybody from the US calling or texting you will have to do so on European numbers. You will get at best 3G

For option 1, you would be choosing to continue US (TMO) service. The obvious benefit of this would that people in the US could call/text you on your US number. If you're a TMO Simple Choice customer, you will have unlimited 2G (average minimum speed) in a lot of places in Europe, and you'll have unlimited texting too. Calls would be $0.20/min for you to call the US, or if you do WiFi calling, they will be free. Calls/texts made to you from the US would not be any extra, because they would be calling/texting a US number.
    08-26-14 01:11 PM