I've not seen any rotation in terms of featured channels for a very very long time. No new features coming along, no further promotion etc... not to mention how many channel owners are abandoning their channels.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:52 AM
    What is BBM Channels???

Unfortunate for me... BBM isn't a very much used feature. I only used for a couple of months,because most of the content was the same as what I get from Facebook or Twitter - and at the time is was not very well formatted and it wasn't even all the info. Channels got updated just every now and then, while the Facebook feeds from some companies got daily updates.

Most of BBM and Channels really feels like a consumer product. If BlackBerry is moving to a more enterprise product line, not sure Channels has much of a future.
    08-26-14 12:04 PM
    Featured channels should change more often, I agree. As for dead channels... there are dead ones for sure but there are lots of dedicated channel owners also that post high quality content frequently. As for consumer vs enterprise, private channels are an interesting concept that could be explored further i think.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-26-14 12:12 PM
    I can see private BBMC as having the potential of being a substitute for newsletters etc. But, yeah, I have been using it from the start but recently it just feels abandoned. Besides a few awesome channels it is hard to browse through for more.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 12:54 PM
    To push BBM Channels you got to make something like the (satan) music industry or game industry does: Plattform only content. Like when some satanic Beyonce is bringing her album out on iTunes only. Or the videgame Halo is only available on Xbox for example.

If you receive your content already on your FB or Twitter, why the need downloading or using BBM Channels? There must be a value.

I loved BBM Channels. The interface is cool, etc. But it is like the Blackberry App store... Dead end.
    08-26-14 01:18 PM
    I can see private BBMC as having the potential of being a substitute for newsletters etc. But, yeah, I have been using it from the start but recently it just feels abandoned. Besides a few awesome channels it is hard to browse through for more.

Posted via CB10
    they definitely need to improve discoverability of channels

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    08-26-14 07:38 PM
    I find BBMC To be thriving and growing. There is alot of original and creative content. I see alot of channels gaining subs quickly through networking. To Call BBMC Dead tells me you really aren't engaged. As far as the main channel page, those channels change usually every 2 weeks and they have been featuring less corporate channels. To be honest, being featured on the front page will forever change your channel and not necessarily for the best.I have been featured before and don't care if I am ever featured again. It was 2 weeks of hell.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 09:50 PM
    I love channels and they are far from dying. I got there for my entertainment, news etc....sure BlackBerry can do a better job on cycling the main page but give it time man.
    08-26-14 09:59 PM
    It's kind of hard to find contents that I'd like. Most of the time BBMC feels more like RSS feed, you see an entry and you have to open the browser to see the full story.

"Dedicated channels" such as, like, OMG GIFs, Professional English, Shaun the Sheep, are now abandoned.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-26-14 10:06 PM
    BlackBerry has to simply learn how to aggressively market its products and services. BBM Channels is still good IMO.
    08-26-14 10:25 PM
    Although I only have 1 channel on BBM, it's been going for 7 months + but I've never been featured on BBM Channels home page. Most of the channels I see on the home page seem to stay there for weeks and weeks and hardly change.

BlackBerry should look at more channels and give them the opportunity to make the home page. I'm not saying the channels on the home page are bad. They just don't rotate enough

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 SQR100-2
    08-27-14 02:49 AM
    I think it is not about being featured but to be able to browse through more channels easily. For example, when browsing new channels maybe they should leave the channel info st the top and let you scroll to preview. Instead of having to load through two pages.

I loveBBMC it is the only social media I am on. But I hope they will make it even better!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:16 AM
    It seems to me that you guys are missing out on the rise of Networks on BBMC. Channel operators are banding together to form Networks that assist, and promote BBMC As a whole. Networks are forming everywhere and this is where the action is on BBMC. Do a Channel search for GCN or any other network acronym

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 09:37 AM
    I got another issue with BlackBerry Channels...
    There are so many dead ones and it does not seem that anyone is taking care of. Maybe its just me but there are way too many which are not active anymore. I would like a tool which does delete inactive channels automatically, say after the channel owner has been notified to either be active again or voluntarily delete the channel....

- visit C0030496A for the latest BlackBerry News & Discussions -
    08-27-14 10:30 AM
    My biggest issue is poor search and no categories. I've given up on channels.

Posted via CB10 /w Z10
    08-27-14 10:36 AM
    I got an issue with bbm-channels, maybe one of you can help me out :-)

I just started a Channel, my first one. Everything works fine except for the statistics. It shows me constantly that I have no subscribers and visits (the percentage figures and the charts). However this is not true since I got already some subscribers, which is shown under the "subscribers"?

How can I make the charts work? I hope I expressed myself decently? ;-)

Thanks for any help!
    08-28-14 02:10 AM
    I got an issue with bbm-channels, maybe one of you can help me out :-)

I just started a Channel, my first one. Everything works fine except for the statistics. It shows me constantly that I have no subscribers and visits (the percentage figures and the charts). However this is not true since I got already some subscribers, which is shown under the "subscribers"?

How can I make the charts work? I hope I expressed myself decently? ;-)

Thanks for any help!
    Maybe wait for a (very) long while for it to load properly. Sometimes stats takes longer to load. Do you mean the main page of us channel or the stats page?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 09:19 AM
    Another issue with channels is notifications. I'd forget about Channels until I actually went and clicked on the Channels tab. So I'd end up seeing new posts quite a while after they were posted.

Posted via CB10 (Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154)
    09-08-14 11:21 AM
    A big problem is the way its implemented into BBM. I find it awkard getting back to the main screen to access them. Its like a seperate part of BBM almost. On the passport i think its better because they have more room on the bottom bar but on other devices that is not the case.
    09-08-14 11:34 AM
    A big problem is the way its implemented into BBM. I find it awkard getting back to the main screen to access them. Its like a seperate part of BBM almost. On the passport i think its better because they have more room on the bottom bar but on other devices that is not the case.
    Good idea actually!

Posted via CB10 (Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.1154)
    09-08-14 12:22 PM
    U guys go follow my channel and show support, likes and comments is what keeps it going.

C003b43ac
    Its called days of our lives.

Send me contents at [email protected] and I will feature them in my channel.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-08-14 12:45 PM
    Well, I don't know but I used to get a lot of subscribers and for some reason for the past 2 weeks it has been really slow... but maybe that's because I've been posting less frequently. which I made sure to change this week around. Currently in the 900+ subs. Let's get together to one thousand

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    09-11-14 03:18 AM
    Inactive channels... probably my biggest beef. I've msg'd channels before, 'you still there'? The lack of updates, is a problem also-you actually have to take care of the damn thing... you know? so check out my channel C00471DC1 haha

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:30 AM
    I find BBMC To be thriving and growing. There is alot of original and creative content. I see alot of channels gaining subs quickly through networking. To Call BBMC Dead tells me you really aren't engaged. As far as the main channel page, those channels change usually every 2 weeks and they have been featuring less corporate channels. To be honest, being featured on the front page will forever change your channel and not necessarily for the best.I have been featured before and don't care if I am ever featured again. It was 2 weeks of hell.

Posted via CB10
    Being featured is fine as it brings exposure, the issue I have is that I gained be alot of subscribers who left just as quickly. I'd sooner have 100 loyal subs than 1000 fickle ones.
    09-14-14 12:15 PM
    I've noticed that since BBM kind of on its own island. If you do an Internet search for it, you have to download the app. There's no Internet portal for BBM or BBM Channels. That means there less exposure. I guess that also keeps it private. Internet visibility would drive more traffic to the channels. I guess the issue is how to open up BBM and BBM Channels to the Internet and preserve its integrity?

Z10 (STL 100-3) Superphone with vitamin 10.2.1.3014
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-14-14 12:40 PM
27 12