Spotify now free on Windows Phone | Spotify Blog

Can't believe Windows Phone got official Spotify while we're still left with zilch, nada, nothin, naah. I mean yeah, you can sideload the android app but c'mon... Makes me wonder what's really the problem, is it really the developers or BlackBerry? I mean you look at the Windows store and it's shi++i3r than BB world, notwithstanding the gain in market share the past 1-2 years. I'm so pissed off right now.
    08-26-14 08:46 AM
    Microsoft BlackBerry

So until BlackBerry gains back it's size, this apps from "big names" will continue in this black comedy we seeing
    08-26-14 09:22 AM
    At least we are not stuck with nothing and can load the android version of spotify. Its much better then nothing at all.
    08-26-14 09:32 AM
    Saw that earlier. Hopefully we get something soon. The Android app doesn't work too bad but would definitely prefer native
    08-26-14 02:57 PM
    I think nemory said in his spo2fy thread that they bought a z10 for testing. Maybe we're next, or maybe they'll work with nemory to get his out.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:27 AM
    Maybe that's the reason now many names will not develop for BB10.
    "they can have Android version"
    08-27-14 03:19 AM
    The android one works perfectly for me. For better or worse I'm not sure.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:21 AM
    Just to clarify (since the title of the thread is misleading), Spotify has been out on Windows Phone for a couple of years now. The main thing is that they didn't include the free streaming.
    Ruslan Botsyurko and dolco like this.
    08-27-14 09:01 AM
    Spotify now free on Windows Phone | Spotify Blog

Can't believe Windows Phone got official Spotify while we're still left with zilch, nada, nothin, naah. I mean yeah, you can sideload the android app but c'mon... Makes me wonder what's really the problem, is it really the developers or BlackBerry? I mean you look at the Windows store and it's shi++i3r than BB world, notwithstanding the gain in market share the past 1-2 years. I'm so pissed off right now.
    Windows Phone has had official spotify for a few years now.
    The Windows Phone has more than twice the number of BB apps, 300000+ at last count, lots of official apps and exclusive apps and games that are launched on it. No need to misrepresent that. Besides, as you point out. You can sideload the android version. Done. That's it for the less than 1 percent of BB10 users there are
    Ruslan Botsyurko and dolco like this.
    08-27-14 09:38 AM
    At this point I don't expect Spotify or any other big names to develop native BB apps. It'd be great, but history has showed that it just won't happen, at least not with BB's market share where it is now. So now I think our best bet is to ask them to put their app on the Amazon store. Seems perfectly reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:53 AM
    Their app is on the Amazon App Store. I have it on my Q10 and Fire HDX.

Posted via my Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052 with no double type issues... ever.
    08-27-14 11:07 AM
    I sideloaded Spotify from Snap and it has not ever worked properly, I always need to leave the app open (doesn't allowed me to minimize it as an 'active frame') and the screen must be always on, which is a battery killer, otherwise the music stops

BBM channel: C0040FF4D..... Proudly Z10 owner...
    08-27-14 06:38 PM
    I sideloaded Spotify from Snap and it has not ever worked properly, I always need to leave the app open (doesn't allowed me to minimize it as an 'active frame') and the screen must be always on, which is a battery killer, otherwise the music stops

Can't minimize? That doesn't sound right. I can minimize mine with no problem.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:42 AM
    Can't minimize? That doesn't sound right. I can minimize mine with no problem.

Posted via CB10
    No, sorry, it's not that cannot minimize the app, it's that when I minimize it, the music playing pauses, makes random stops

08-28-14 08:50 AM