Don't think i saw this post anywhere else, but isn't this kind of big news that Amazon has bought Twitch? With Amazon App Store being available to Blackberry, isn't this kind of related in terms of Blackberry is teaming up with big hitters now? What are your thoughts?

BBC News - Amazon buys video-game streaming site Twitch
    08-26-14 03:07 AM
    Google was rumoured to buy twitch 2/3 months ago but according to some people they weren't allowed for anti trust issues I think.I personally prefer not to have google be in charge of both twitch an youtube. So I'm a happy man.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 04:30 AM
    Fail to see how it would be good for BlackBerry. Good for Amazon, sure. But has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    08-26-14 04:34 AM
    The problem is that Amazon Appstore is also available for Android. Also, Blackberry probably has a much smaller gamer demographic than iOS and Android.
    08-26-14 05:15 AM
    Fail to see how this has anything to so with BlackBerry. Might as well delete this thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 05:19 AM
    The only "good" for BlackBerry I see is that this is a sign that Amazon has no intention of "giving up" on the consumer space for smartphones otherwise they wouldn?t invest so heavily in complementary products and services. So hopefully Amazon will in fact continue to expand their Android app availability which will help BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 05:34 AM
    Actually, I would consider the Twitch purchase a real positive. It shows that Amazon is serious about improving it's App store and mobile services. This in turn will attract more developers to submit their Apps and this impacts on what BlackBerry has easy access to. It also diminish the relative importance of Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 07:57 AM
    Actually, I would consider the Twitch purchase a real positive. It shows that Amazon is serious about improving it's App store and mobile services. This in turn will attract more developers to submit their Apps and this impacts on what BlackBerry has easy access to. It also diminish the relative importance of Google Play.

Posted via CB10
    The "attract more developers" part has been said on these forums from the moment BB10 was lauched. It has been said with every BB10 update and still nothing has changed for BB10. And it will not change as long as market share is low. Twitch is a great app, but it targets a demographic that don't actually buy BB or Amazon tablets/phones.
    schmeat likes this.
    08-26-14 09:25 AM
    Thanks for the Input guys, I guess it was late in the night and I thought the dots connected.
    Think I had my hopes up

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:21 AM
    Yeah, this has little if any effect on BlackBerry. Might affect that guy developing the unofficial Twitch app, though.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 10:22 AM
    The "attract more developers" part has been said on these forums from the moment BB10 was lauched. It has been said with every BB10 update and still nothing has changed for BB10. And it will not change as long as market share is low. Twitch is a great app, but it targets a demographic that don't actually buy BB or Amazon tablets/phones.
    The demographics is not the issue. It's about eyeballs on the web portal. More services equals more eyeballs. Developers then view the web portal as a viable place to drop their Apps. I think it is pretty straightforward.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:10 PM
    It means twitch will be (or remain so if it's already there) in the amazon app store and therefore available for direct download on a BlackBerry 10.3 phone.

That's the only effect it has on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 08:47 PM
    Fail to see how it would be good for BlackBerry. Good for Amazon, sure. But has nothing to do with BlackBerry.
    Maybe they will come out with a twitch app in the amazon app store.
    I think its gonna help blackberry for sure.

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    08-30-14 07:58 PM