I've been thinking about getting the Z30 the last little bit and calling around trying to find one everyone is telling me that they are being discontinued.

can anyone confirm ??
    08-25-14 12:23 PM
    Sounds unlikely given that it's newer than the z10 there has been no news about that unit being discontinued.

Also, the z30 is a 'better' phone in general.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    08-25-14 12:26 PM
    Don't believe any of the misinformation carrier reps will give you. By what most carrier reps say, BlackBerry would have been out of business back in 2010.
    08-25-14 12:43 PM
    My friend and I went to Verizon and told us no more stocks of Z10 and Z30..

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 12:58 PM
    Sounds unlikely given that it's newer than the z10 there has been no news about that unit being discontinued.

My coporate rep at Telus told me that Blackberry themselves are discontinuing the Z10 and q10, to make way for the Passport and Classic. Evidently this article is claiming that they have tracked down the email, with Blackberry stating this.

Unannounced All-Touch BlackBerry Z20 Coming with Passport and Classic! - BlackBerry Empire

So according to that, there is a Z10 successor. But I digress, I haven't read or heard anything that states the Z30 is being discontinued. OP, maybe whoever is telling you that info, has the z30 mixed up with the z10?? Just a thought.
    08-25-14 01:24 PM
    Z30 is not on the Verizon website for sale, while Z10 and Q is . So has Verizon dropped it?

I need to buy one for an new employee and we have 2 Z10 and2 Z30 already and I'd like to order another Z30. But its not shown there (??).

Anyone know why?
    08-25-14 03:07 PM
    That seems kinda odd - so if I want a physical keyboard device, no more Q10 style? I would be forced to go with the funky Passport or the step-backwards Classic? (I'm sure Classic will be good at what it's intended to be - to help get people off the 99xx Bolds and onto BB10. But for those of us already on BB10 the Classic has no relevance). Well, I guess the Q5 would maybe still be around...

Who knows how accurate the leaked story is and it still doesn't explain WTH is happening to all the Z30's

-via CB10 w/ Q10
    08-25-14 03:11 PM
    M friend who is in accounting at BlackBerry let me know last month that Z10 and Q10 are going end of life and maybe the Z30 as well

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:45 PM
    The Z10 is more likely to be the first discontinued device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-25-14 05:47 PM
    MY friend at BlackBerry is telli.g me that it's hard to buy a Z30 because of popularity. I also just ordered 2 from her and she said it's the last 2 on the employee site... she anticipated more but gave no other reason than popularity to the shortages.

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    08-25-14 05:50 PM
    I've been thinking about getting the Z30 the last little bit and calling around trying to find one everyone is telling me that they are being discontinued.

can anyone confirm ??
    I never heard that. I've had the Z30 since December, 2013, and I'd say it's the best electronic device that I've ever owned.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    raddn5 likes this.
    08-25-14 05:53 PM

Yep, the Z30 is awesome

08-25-14 05:53 PM
    MY friend at BlackBerry is telli.g me that it's hard to buy a Z30 because of popularity. I also just ordered 2 from her and she said it's the last 2 on the employee site... she anticipated more but gave no other reason than popularity to the shortages.

I hope you didn't get the last 2, I had been waiting for over2 months for them to show up on the employee site. Hopefully I can still snag one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    08-25-14 05:54 PM
    Z30 is not on the Verizon website for sale, while Z10 and Q is . So has Verizon dropped it?

I need to buy one for an new employee and we have 2 Z10 and2 Z30 already and I'd like to order another Z30. But its not shown there (??).

Anyone know why?
    You can buy a version of the Z30 from Canadian carriers, like Telus.ca, Bell.ca, or Rogers.com.
    I think the Telus version is the STA100-5 version. A lot of Americans buy their Z30's from Canada.

08-25-14 05:55 PM
    The Z10 is more likely to be the first discontinued device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    definitely but there's also been such a glut in inventory for the Z10 that it will still probably be available for a while. Q10 less so and I would imagine Z30 even less since it was last in the cycle & they knew to be more cautious...

-via CB10 w/ Q10
    08-25-14 05:57 PM
    Z10 and Q10 have been out of production for some time. Q10 is definitely being replaced by the Classic, and the Z10 will be replaced--it appears--by some Z3 LTE variant.

It's hard to tell how many Z30s were produced, or if that model is still in production. The low sales for the Z10 would have been known by the time Z30 production began, so orders might have been adjusted. Certainly, it will soon be supplanted as the BB10 flagship by the Passport, so it will become something of an "awkward middle child" in the product lineup at that point.

I was looking on Bell's site and I was curious if the Z30 was available as an upgrade. It was not, at least not for my lines. I do know that discounts have been available for the Z30 at all the Canadian carriers for new activations, so that sounds like they're blowing out inventory.

My personal take is that it's a fantastic full-touch device that will get better soon with the 10.3 update by the end of the year. If you get a chance to pick one up at a good price, jump at it.
    08-25-14 05:58 PM
    I hope you didn't get the last 2, I had been waiting for over2 months for them to show up on the employee site. Hopefully I can still snag one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    LOL ) I've been trying through another friend and he's been unable to get one. I was surprised I was able to get 2 today. Hope she didn't just take my money. I'll know later this week I guess.

08-25-14 06:00 PM
    Seems https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uNGJSFMX has them in stock.

08-25-14 06:06 PM
    Z30 should still be popular in demand for some time. The comming Z3 will flaps for the sim and SD which is a no go for me So it will still be the best all touch berry. I'd heard talks of the Z30 being discontinued ever since the launch date. This especially goes for us carriers / costumers. Besides I don't think RIM can afford to keep a Z10 successor a hidden secret - So all in all I simply don't find the roumor to be credible.
    08-25-14 07:17 PM
    Seems BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com has them in stock.

not for CDMA/Verizon.....
    08-25-14 08:19 PM
    I went to replace my Z30 that had a cracked screen and found it hard to find. The only places with the Verizon version were Verizon phone customer service and eBay. The Verizon customer service agent told me that it was not listed as end of life but I would have to get it from customer support on the phone for now. He did not give any explanation about why it was off the website. I'm using my old z10 for now until my new z30 shows up . There's another thread on here talking about the z30 shortages.

Posted via CB10
    seascape likes this.
    08-25-14 11:28 PM
    Z10 and Q10 have been out of production for some time. Q10 is definitely being replaced by the Classic, and the Z10 will be replaced--it appears--by some Z3 LTE variant.

It's hard to tell how many Z30s were produced, or if that model is still in production. The low sales for the Z10 would have been known by the time Z30 production began, so orders might have been adjusted. Certainly, it will soon be supplanted as the BB10 flagship by the Passport, so it will become something of an "awkward middle child" in the product lineup at that point.

I was looking on Bell's site and I was curious if the Z30 was available as an upgrade. It was not, at least not for my lines. I do know that discounts have been available for the Z30 at all the Canadian carriers for new activations, so that sounds like they're blowing out inventory.

My personal take is that it's a fantastic full-touch device that will get better soon with the 10.3 update by the end of the year. If you get a chance to pick one up at a good price, jump at it.
    Here's a thought and perhaps a question that I have been brewing over this past year. Since the z30 was the original successor to the z10 at the time, I really thought it would have had longer life despite it being a real workhorse device with the long battery life, the first ever seen in a Blackberry device. I am sad that such a beast will be on the end of life list so fast behind the Q10 as well. Or is their a Z30 successor we yet to know about yet?
    08-26-14 12:06 AM
    According to the email the Z10 will be succeeded by the Z20...Maybe they will re-brand the Z30 to Z20 with better specs.....who knows!
    08-26-14 12:45 AM
    I think they are preparing z50. And they are keeping it a BIG secret.

Posted via CB10
    Flatman likes this.
    08-26-14 05:25 AM
    That would be a first for them and for CB

Posted via CB10
    ibpluto likes this.
    08-26-14 06:02 AM
119 123 ...