I have a 9900 in mint condition...never dropped or scratched. Problem is, it won't turn on, charge, no light, nothing...even after a new battery installed. I Googled this and none of the offered suggestions of bricking or nuking work... I'm in Europe so local repair shops don't have parts to fix it or see what's wrong. I really want this phone working...should I take it apart or something? I did find a YouTube video on that...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 02:03 AM
    Try a reinstall.
    HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES>
    JUST KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN> EVENTUALLY IT SHOULD RECOGNIZE IT!
    08-25-14 08:17 AM
    C if you can reboot the software, use the BlackBerry desktop software, and it should guide you step by step, if it still don't work, it is s hardware issue, probability is its just one of the clips that are out, and all u do is youtube a video for carefully disassembling the phone and remove all clip connections (battery should be off too) after a good 30 seconds put it all back and boot, if it is something more, u will probably need the special tools and skills to work on it :\

Aftab
    08-25-14 08:34 AM
    Try a reinstall.
    HOLD DOWN THE POWER BUTTON FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES>
    JUST KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN> EVENTUALLY IT SHOULD RECOGNIZE IT!
    youre kidding right?
    10-04-14 03:08 PM
    The same problem here...happened 3 days ago, none of the advice I found was helpful...probably I will try to disassemble...cant really see any solution...
    11-22-14 01:52 PM
    Guys, I was ready to post for the same issue with a mint 9900 until noticed this thread.

I got a new job and I brought with me my 9900-never-used-mint-condition as a second device just for stand by with my country's/national Sim card.

I had it on stand-by mode and the last time that I saw it, it was on very low battery but was working. I forgot it and after two weeks noticed that the unit was completely dead. Tried to recharge the battery with a usb charger (from my Q10) but no luck, then tried with an OEM external battery charger, again no luck.

I bought a genuine battery with a pocket external battery without any success. I kept pressed the button for more than 10 minutes, same, failure.

I did all that funny things that found in various pages related to charging, battery pull-out etc etc with no success!

1. is there any possibility to revive the phone by myself and keep using it? If yes, how? new battery? hardware repair? or what?
    2. if nothing from above then he Blackberry service center could recover it? or not ?

PLEASE ADVISE...
    oldman1955 likes this.
    05-22-15 01:56 PM
    Hmm, my approach would be to first be sure the thing is really getting power. Have you tried another charger? Careful of Euro voltages. Guess you've checked battery connectors? Gently clean with eraser, etc... I use Ridox or Deoxit contact cleaner/lube on EVERYthing. Smelly & messy but seems to help Q10 battery contacts The TINIEST drop will do ya.

http://www.amazon.com/Techspray-2112...UvbUpU11655402

Even if USB is bad, should be possible to get power into the thing via charge contacts thru desktop cradle, if you can find one of those. (couldn't find in CB Store... ?)

Amazon.com: RIM Desktop Cradle Dock Charging Pod OEM Desktop Charger for AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon BlackBerry Bold 9900 9930 -Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Also stand alone batt charger would assure the battery itself is truly charged. (also didn't find at CB Store)

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-ASY...UvbUpU11655402

If you're 110% positive it's truly getting power and still unresponsive, there's a process i've only watched that involves plugging in to PC with battery removed... I'll leave THAT to someone better qualified to explain.

EDIT: Oops, just noticed the OP was 6+ months old... @mpokeras, since you've tried external charger, it's safe to say your battery is charged. Still good to check phone's battery contacts. Otherwise, i'd be surprised if someone couldn't chime in with possible de-brick instructions, if applicable.

My experience with BlackBerry Service Center is very limited but i'd certainly give it a try if nothing else. SOME of these 9900s are only about 6 months old (the one i'm using ) so it's possible there's still support.
    Last edited by idssteve; 05-22-15 at 03:34 PM.
    mpokeras likes this.
    05-22-15 02:30 PM
    Thanks idssteve!
    You gave me the GREAT idea! I did a try with a cradle and the phone was revived after 10 minutes. I noticed for a sec the red light and then the screen came into life!

What was proved? both batteries were charged 100% with the external charger, the usb connector is fully functional and the battery pins as well. My laptop can see the mobile(while bricked not).

For long time the phone was not responding to the buttons and touch screen and having some messages for jvm or something like that. What I m doing now is the installation of a new and clean os.

Can anybody repeat and confirm that this is valid and for other cases? I am not sure but it seems that battery drainage cause the issue, I dont know how it is involved with the boot process.

edit:
    after a lot of reboots and errors 102 did a hard reset and clean install following these links
    KB10068-"JVM 102" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
    KB10144-How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

...and now I have a fully functional phone without any issue!
    Last edited by mpokeras; 05-23-15 at 12:47 AM.
    05-22-15 10:53 PM
    Good to hear. Good to know. Smart guys here in the office often say "if in doubt, pull it out" regarding the 9900's battery. Leaving it in to drain "into the dirt", while "soft off", sometimes causes strangeness according to them. FWIW.
    05-23-15 10:52 AM
    Hi,
    I am also having problem with my bold blackberry. It is not switching on. I lock the screen and try to unlock it after that and it didn't. No light, no power . I tried new battery, connect it to the charger, no response . I am afraid of losing my pictures, and contacts. What to do. Any idea.. appreciate your help.
    05-30-15 05:33 AM
    Try a wall charger. Can be an issue with the USB port. If you connect the bold into the PC what happened?
    05-31-15 06:07 AM
    Hi,
    I am also having problem with my bold blackberry. It is not switching on. I lock the screen and try to unlock it after that and it didn't. No light, no power . I tried new battery, connect it to the charger, no response . I am afraid of losing my pictures, and contacts. What to do. Any idea.. appreciate your help.
    Going to take it back ol skool to BlackBerry Desktop Manager Software: Have you tried removing your battery and then affixing your Bold to your PC via USB and BlackBerry desktop software? IF you can get the device to connect via USB cord you should be able to access/save your pictures/contacts by backing up this way. Perhaps while you have her hooked up you give it the old wipe and software reload just to see if that revives life back into your little Bold. Sometimes a system is so corrupt it needs to be dismantled from the ground up to ascertain a fulfilling and functional reboot... (This applies not only to OS' but to Government bodies as well... )

Anyhoo, give that a whirl and see what happens...

Posted via CB10
    05-31-15 07:11 AM
    Thanks.. I will give it a shot .. I will be optimistic and wishing that it will work again and will come back to life..
    06-01-15 11:53 AM
    I will try both again .. wish me luck ..
    06-01-15 11:54 AM
    You gave me the GREAT idea! I did a try with a cradle and the phone was revived after 10 minutes. I noticed for a sec the red light and then the screen came into life!
    cradle stand, cradle charger....
    Murundum likes this.
    06-09-15 11:44 AM