Really curious whether the apps will respond to the trackpad or not. And how will BlackBerry implement the trackpad throughout the OS.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    08-24-14 11:27 PM
    Same here. Also considering 10.3.1 will be for classic and the q and z phones I wonder how they can optimise bb10 for the track pad and still use it for non track pad devices. I'm not that tech savy so maybe there's no issue but I would have thought the track pad would result in some tweaks to the os that would only be applicable to the classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:46 AM
    You might find that "normal" gestures can be done on the trackpad. E.g. you flick up on the trackpad to close an application, flip down to show application menu bar, etc.

As for AndroidTM applications, other than swipe diagonally for back I'm not really sure. Maybe you could scroll with it?
    08-25-14 06:07 AM
    The Android operating system has featured external mouse support since Android 3.1 so hopefully track pad will interface with android as an external mouse, that would seem most logical.
    08-26-14 01:22 PM
    Same here. Also considering 10.3.1 will be for classic and the q and z phones I wonder how they can optimise bb10 for the track pad and still use it for non track pad devices. I'm not that tech savy so maybe there's no issue but I would have thought the track pad would result in some tweaks to the os that would only be applicable to the classic.
    I imagine it won't be that hard. It is just like supporting an all touch device vs a device with a physical keyboard. They have their differences but they just need to optimize the OS to accommodate for these different features. It will create a bit of fragmentation, but it's not a huge change IMO.

The Android operating system has featured external mouse support since Android 3.1 so hopefully track pad will interface with android as an external mouse, that would seem most logical.
    Don't forget Android devices like the Nexus One and HTC Desire that had support for trackballs and trackpads.

Will be interesting to see how android apps work with trackpad, or for that matter the whole OS-htc-desire-compared-google-nexus-one.jpg
    08-26-14 02:01 PM
    Playbook's QNX OS handles trackpad input via Bridge's Remote Control. Use it from my 99 all the time. A WONDERFUL way to navigate the PB, btw. Wish my PC had it so good.
    08-26-14 02:05 PM
    I'm reasonably sure that can done already with Bluetooth HID devices (no idea if it supports USB-HID).
    08-26-14 05:35 PM
    This is why I'm so excited to see a Classic demonstration video :3

BB PH STL100-2
    08-28-14 01:57 PM
    My G1, the very first Android device had atrackball. Droid apps will run just fine with the pad.
    08-28-14 02:40 PM
    Try connecting a mouse to your phone. (bluetooth obviously). That might give you at least some idea (I would think) of how the apps response to that kind of movement.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 08:21 PM
    Doesn't seem like it would be much different than having a trackpad and touchscreen on a 9900.
    08-28-14 08:31 PM
    Not sure about apps, but navigation should be like using a laptop touch screen with an attached mouse.
    09-03-14 09:23 AM
    Doesn't seem like it would be much different than having a trackpad and touchscreen on a 9900.
    I am talking about android apps. 9900 didn't run android apps.
    09-03-14 10:31 AM