Any rumors on seeing this in the future? I use two devices and prefer using 1 BlackBerry ID for software. I sure would like to be able to have both devices connected.

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 12:44 PM
    It does it already, but only 1 device can be active at a time.
    08-24-14 02:18 PM
    Switching is not all that fast and doesn't always work. At least not in my experience. I will test again though. But I would still prefer to have both functional at the same time. I would also prefer an option to have history updated on both devices. I hate Facebook chat/message and I don't use it for business or friends and family generallt, but it does this.

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 02:32 PM
    Worked a little faster today, but unfortunately, it erased my chat history.

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 02:37 PM
    I think it always deletes the history as well in groups

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    08-24-14 02:40 PM
    I think that this feature is not coming because it doesn't fit "BlackBerry security "... What's coming is Blend that will allow you to use BBM (and other apps from your BB) on PC, Mac, iPad and Android Tablet (<- I guess the same apk could be installed on phone, so yes, one BBM could be used on two or more devices same time).

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 02:42 PM
    Not sure how it makes security worse. I already use link to connect both devices to the same PC to share files (including via the Internet because I can). I use both connected to the same exchange accounts. Both can connect to dropbox and other cloud sharing. I use BBW on both. Both are password protected...?

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 02:55 PM
    And I work on PCs and laptops all day and more sometimes and one thing I love most about my BlackBerry devices is I can get away and stay away yet still do everything I need to. The last thing I want to do is go and sit at my PC or laptop to relax and chat etc.

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 02:56 PM
    They already store my contacts on their servers and connect my devices through their systems and my PC (BBM, BBW and Link/Blend). So maybe use Blend to transfer chat history, not storing it on their servers, but rather on my PC, then everything else stays about the same for security. If I turn off mobile data access to my PC for security reasons, maybe chat history is not available on the other device, but at least I don't erase my primary device chat history. And I can still use either device to chat...

Z30 Rocks!
    08-24-14 03:28 PM
    Your contact list consists of a list of 8 character id numbers. . 1000 contacts would equate to at most 10,000 bytes after parity and suck. . Your chat history would or could potentially be megabytes. May not seem like much to you but with all users included it would be a massive amount.
    08-26-14 06:20 PM
    Switching is not all that fast and doesn't always work. At least not in my experience. I will test again though. But I would still prefer to have both functional at the same time. I would also prefer an option to have history updated on both devices. I hate Facebook chat/message and I don't use it for business or friends and family generallt, but it does this.

Z30 Rocks!
    Agreed. When I transfered from iOS to Z30, I signed out of iOS BBM and into the Z30 version and my groups were lost in the process. Pretty significant fail if I were an enterprise usage case. Fortunately I my groups were just a few test groups.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 06:53 PM
    I understand the amount of data transferred and stored could be large, but the least they could do is make it easy to switch and not erase chat history or groups when switching. And with how Link works, I can see a scenario where Link or the future "Blend" could be used to store BBM data and used to to sync over wifi or the Internet if enables, just like file transfer capability. If not used, history etc wouldn't be available for transfer. If I can use Link to transfer files and sync to my PC with multiple devices, and the future of Blend is to sync PC's, Macs and devices, then I don't see why it couldn't be used to also sync BBM. They are pretty creative people at BlackBerry and I think the future does include us carrying/using multiple mobile devices and I believe BlackBerry believes this too (QNX, Blend and other examples of keeping us moving). And I don't just mean smart watches. To make BBM the number one communication application means it must be able to support what we use and how we use them.

Z30 Rocks!
    08-28-14 08:53 PM
    Yep, I hope it is fixed soon.
    08-28-14 09:25 PM
    Coming from ios devices, unless bbry handles it better than iMessage, it is frustrating having multiple devices hooked to an account. The messages are delivered to the device you're not using more often than not. For instance, I can be gone all day with my iphone with no notifications... Get home and have 10 messages on my ipad.
    09-02-14 02:34 PM