What's up with that? One would think that the partnership would almost guarantee it but nothing. Anyone hear any possibility of it being in there soon?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:12 PM
    What's up with that? One would think that the partnership would almost guarantee it but nothing. Anyone hear any possibility of it being in there soon?

Posted via CB10
    That means BBRY hasn't published it there yet (or Amazon isn't done vetting it).

In any case, the "partnership" might not really be what we hope it is.
    08-23-14 11:22 PM
    That means BBRY hasn't published it there yet (or Amazon isn't done vetting it).

In any case, the "partnership" might not really be what we hope it is.
    I agree with you, so far things not looking very exciting.

Amazon's fire phone being a flop didnt help their app store grow.

BBRY is taking a long time to submit BBM to Amazon. It takes 2 weeks to vet an app.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:32 PM
    I thought BBM for Android was only found in the Google Playstore. If it's available in the most frequented and official marketplace by Android users, why waste time submitting an app to the Android appstore? I mean it is essentially the same thing, it targets the android users (and soon BlackBerry 10 users) but with a smaller reach. Sure the amazon appstore may also be for e-readers/tablets like the Kindle series but wouldn't blackberry have to allocate manpower to tweak the app and provision it for a niche market?

Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Everything these guys are saying is true but also remember that the partnership is still in progress. Amazon App store was and still is officially an app store for Amazon products. There really is no official BBM app for tablets, yet, only phones, and the Amazon Fire phone just came out. Maybe now with the partnership they will add BBM in the Amazon App store.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:08 AM
    I would think this has to do with the BBM Shop.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:29 AM
    The partnership hasn't officially started yet has it? It's not till 10.3 drops that it does.

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER likes this.
    08-24-14 07:33 AM
    I don't think it's a true 'partnership' at all. The BlackBerry community is all hyped about it, meanwhile Amazon doesn't talk about it, nothing listed about it on its websites, etc. BlackBerry paid money to amazon to have access to thier appstore. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:34 AM
    I don't think it's a true 'partnership' at all. The BlackBerry community is all hyped about it, meanwhile Amazon doesn't talk about it, nothing listed about it on its websites, etc. BlackBerry paid money to amazon to have access to thier appstore. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    That could be true too.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:53 AM
    For what phone would this be for? Fire phone? BB's accessing the Amazon App store don't need an Android BBM, so besides Fire phone, who else would it be for?
    08-24-14 08:08 AM
    For what phone would this be for? Fire phone? BB's accessing the Amazon App store don't need an Android BBM, so besides Fire phone, who else would it be for?
    Basically yes. Though from Amazon's perspective they want their store to be a viable alternative to Google Play, so they would want quality apps in there for that reason alone.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:15 AM