I've always been facing bad battery life so I'd always close android apps with "task manager" from BlackBerry World. It worked, but the apps would start running again. So I searched online and found this app. The app brings you to the android settings so you can force close android apps. It also allows you to clean up your android junk files. I don't know if it works on 10.2.1 because I'm using it on 10.3 but try this:

1. Go into Snap or search on the Internet for the app "Greenify" it's free

2. Download and install

There you go. Force closing the app stops the app from running until you open the app again so it's only a temporary solution so keep the Greenify app installed so you can use it whenever you need to save battery life

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    08-23-14 10:48 AM
    Why would an app keep running if its 'frame' has been closed? Especially if it's not a headless app?
    08-23-14 11:02 AM
    Why would an app keep running if its 'frame' has been closed? Especially if it's not a headless app?
    Because android apps have this ability

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:04 AM
    Good tip but this is why I refuse to run Android ports or Apps.

Built for BlackBerry or nothing.

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    heepman likes this.
    08-23-14 11:08 AM
    But what would we use to force close "Greenify" itself since it is an android app?
    lift and digitalman101 like this.
    08-23-14 11:39 AM
    But what would we use to force close "Greenify" itself since it is an android app?
    That's what I also noticed which can be a problem sometimes. What I did was uninstall Greenify but keep the apk file so I can install it easily if they start to run in the background again. So far this is the best solution I found and it's already saving me a lot of battery (I went from 5 hours battery life to 1 day and 9 hours battery life. Standby also uses less battery with this solution). By the way, I'm on 10.3.0.1052
    08-23-14 11:45 AM
    I use a simple Task Manager app. There are a bunch of them. Get a simple one. The one I use closes itself on exit.
    deezy87 likes this.
    08-23-14 11:46 AM
    I think being realistic, bad battery life is dependant on how you use your phone. It doesn't last forever. You could try may be not playing resource intensive games, or maybe not being on BBM or messaging services all day long.
    I may be a little 'out of the scene' maybe but I don't use any Android apps on a day to day basis and the ones I have use no more resources than the native Apps.

Greenify sounds like those TuneUP apps you can get for your Windows Laptop that allows you to close so much to save battery the phone is comparable to that of a basic level handset. The whole point is to get your phones caching working so it performs exceptionally well. These days your never too far away from a power outlet and most phones take no time at all to put juice back in.

It might be useful for some that do hammer their phone on a day to day basis but for the rest I can't really see it being of any benefit
    08-23-14 11:48 AM
    I use a simple Task Manager app. There are a bunch of them. Get a simple one. The one I use closes itself on exit.
    The problem is that those only close the apps temporarily, and then they start running again all by themselves. The solution is to force close them through the android settings using either Ghost Task Manager or Greenify (i prefer greenify because it gives quick access to the apps that are running and it let's you clean out your files)
    eddy_berry likes this.
    08-23-14 11:50 AM
    So, can you give us a clue which one?

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    sonicpix likes this.
    08-23-14 11:50 AM
    Task manager and task killer available from Blackberry world does this.

They both stop running once you close them.

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    08-23-14 11:51 AM
    I think being realistic, bad battery life is dependant on how you use your phone. It doesn't last forever. You could try may be not playing resource intensive games, or maybe not being on BBM or messaging services all day long.
    I may be a little 'out of the scene' maybe but I don't use any Android apps on a day to day basis and the ones I have use no more resources than the native Apps.

Greenify sounds like those TuneUP apps you can get for your Windows Laptop that allows you to close so much to save battery the phone is comparable to that of a basic level handset. The whole point is to get your phones caching working so it performs exceptionally well. These days your never too far away from a power outlet and most phones take no time at all to put juice back in.

It might be useful for some that do hammer their phone on a day to day basis but for the rest I can't really see it being of any benefit
    Barely using my phone used to result in a dead battery after 5 hours. thats because the android apps are running in the background. After doing this trick, it's been lasting about a day and 9 hours
    vinniesworld and Norg like this.
    08-23-14 11:52 AM
    Task manager and task killer available from Blackberry world does this.

They both stop running once you close them.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but they close the apps temporarily and then the apps reopen. Want proof? Kill all your running apps, wait an hour without opening any apps, open the task manager and you'll see that they never really did close
    08-23-14 11:53 AM

Task Manager
    08-23-14 11:53 AM

This one below in BlackBerry World, but pttptppt has a point in that you would have to keep an eye on the app to force close Greenify. But if Greenify is the only thing running is it still a bad thing? I don't know. I have several Android apps running on my Z10 and it last long enough for me. 5 hours would not be good though.

Facing bad battery life, try this!!!-img_20140823_125608.png

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:59 AM
    This one below in BlackBerry World, but pttptppt has a point in that you would have to keep an eye on the app to force close Greenify. But if Greenify is the only thing running is it still a bad thing? I don't know. I have several Android apps running on my Z10 and it last long enough for me. 5 hours would not be good though.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140823_125608.png 
Views:	1207 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	292888

Posted via CB10
    You are right that they you have to keep monitoring it but with my solution, you no longer have to monitor it. And if you don't trust Greenify, use Ghost Manager instead which is from BB World, doesn't run in the background and you can view your files with it as well. You also get full control of the android settings app so you can change the keyboard and what not. The advantage of Greenify on the other hand is that it shows which apps are running and gives you quick access to force close them and you can eliminate the junk files created from some android apps
    08-23-14 12:05 PM
    noob question -- these android apps that are running in the background, why are the consuming so much battery in the first place? Even if I have 20 tabs open in opera mini an let it rest in the background, it does not affect my battery adversely.
    08-23-14 12:56 PM
    Yes but they close the apps temporarily and then the apps reopen. Want proof? Kill all your running apps, wait an hour without opening any apps, open the task manager and you'll see that they never really did close
    Yup. Even ported apps do this. Skype constantly opens itself as does The Score.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:20 PM
    noob question -- these android apps that are running in the background, why are the consuming so much battery in the first place? Even if I have 20 tabs open in opera mini an let it rest in the background, it does not affect my battery adversely.
    Because they run and use RAM which effects battery life. I just downloaded to Task Manager from BBW. I have had to kill the same few apps 3 times in an hour.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:05 PM
    Can someone please explain to me why I cannot successfully close 1mobilemarket.

Taskmanager says it's closed, greenify says it has hibernated however if I open device manager it says it is running, it allows me to close it but it seems to restart a few seconds later!

I really don't like the way it refuses to remain closed and suspect I will be deleting it.
    08-23-14 03:26 PM

Taskmanager says it's closed, greenify says it has hibernated however if I open device manager it says it is running, it allows me to close it but it seems to restart a few seconds later!

I really don't like the way it refuses to remain closed and suspect I will be deleting it.
    That's exactly why I had to uninstall it!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:41 PM

You need to go in Greenify and at one point, there will be a screen that let's you force close the apps

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I have already force closed it but it is still running in device manager, close it in this and it still reopens. Try it for yourself, it's a little sod.
    08-23-14 03:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies, I have already force closed it but it is still running in device manager, close it in this and it still reopens. Try it for yourself, it's a little sod.
    None of them show up for me
    Facing bad battery life, try this!!!-img_20140823_165917.png

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:59 PM
    Facing bad battery life, try this!!!-img_20140823_220322.png
    Facing bad battery life, try this!!!-img_20140823_220253.png

It's the official 1mobilemarket app. But is acting like a virus.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:13 PM
83 123 ...