Hey there.

I was a bit confused when I saw the limited amount of ringtones available on my new BlackBerry q10. Searching on the blackberry market I found quite a lot of apps that promised to get a whole range of ringtones. However the user reviews were mainly negative. I'd like to ask you guys if you have a recommendation which app to download to get nice ringtones (for phone calls, whatsapp, bbm, email, text messages, ...). It could also cost a bit, I just want to be sure that I don't spend money on crappy apps.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:58 AM
    Download Zedge from the Amazon app store all the ring tones you want. Also there is a section on CB to get tones and wallpaper.

Posted via CB10
    Nick Spagnolo likes this.
    08-23-14 05:13 AM
    +1 for zedge. Great app.
    08-23-14 07:05 AM
    +2 for Zedge. Tons of tones and all free.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:26 AM
    Lots available right here in the forums. I've found a bunch and some of the older phone model tones are available through forum searches too.
    08-23-14 09:57 AM
    Stay away from any android app for ringtones.

I question the need for an "app" for ringtones anyway. Just download things you like, and use them. (usually an MP3)

Search the forums here, for many fine examples. There are also good suggestions on how to make a folder, that lets you hide said ringtones from the music player. (nothing like a ringtone showing up in a random mix of music for a wtf moment!)
    08-23-14 06:29 PM
    I loaded all the standards from my 9900. Do a search for 'original Blackberry 9900 ringtones'; there's a zip file available. Also loaded all of the Galaxy S4 ringtones.
    08-23-14 08:43 PM
    Stay away from any android app for ringtones.

I question the need for an "app" for ringtones anyway. Just download things you like, and use them. (usually an MP3)

Search the forums here, for many fine examples. There are also good suggestions on how to make a folder, that lets you hide said ringtones from the music player. (nothing like a ringtone showing up in a random mix of music for a wtf moment!)
    I've always been a big fan of downloading ringtones on the pc and sideloading them. It's pretty easy and you can find most anything. But an app is certainly more convenient.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:10 PM