Specs look good, but I was really hoping that they would surprise us with Qi wireless charging capabilities. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:34 AM
    Nope, couldn't care less. I'm most disappointing with the use of LCD. Amoled and it's blacks are just perfect.
    presean likes this.
    08-23-14 04:09 AM
    If it was ATT version that got spec'ed then maybe that's the reason why. Most likely there would be models with and without Qi, the back cover should tell the story.
    08-23-14 04:19 AM
    Nope, couldn't care less. I'm most disappointing with the use of LCD. Amoled and it's blacks are just perfect.
    Except a BlackBerry power user will usually prefer a readable screen in direct sunlight over deep blacks in video and photo:-P

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:41 AM
    ....I'm with BriniaSona, couldn't care less about the absence of Qi.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:42 AM
    I love wireless charging. Save the port. It's something I would prefer to have but I'm nit getting a passport anyway.
    08-23-14 08:05 AM
    I'm extremely disappointed. Like I almost trend completely, going from obsessing and refreshing CB every day to not wanting to buy one. It's something that seems to be standard in today's phones. Rumor has it even the iPhone 6 has it. And you know when the iPhone which lags like 2 years behind high tech features has it and you don't. You are behind the times.

This being said Dhabkirk said in another post that there will be a model with it.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    08-23-14 08:09 AM
    Except a BlackBerry power user will usually prefer a readable screen in direct sunlight over deep blacks in video and photo:-P

Posted via CB10
    I use my phone like it's a part of my body and I have no issues with it in the sunlight.
    08-23-14 08:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    Gotta agree, have a z30 and in bright sunlight it's near impossible to see anything unless you block the sun with your hand. So I for one am very glad they have gone with LCD, amoled for me is a load of hype..sure the blacks are deeper but then having a z10 originally...couldn't care less for amoled.

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    08-23-14 08:47 AM
    I think wireless charging is silly. You can't use your phone properly while it charges. There's a big wire leading to the charging surface. Normal charging is just the same except you have to plug it in. Lol
    08-23-14 08:58 AM
    I can't use my phone properly when it's plugged in either. As chance has it the only time I charge is when I'm sleeping and not using it anyway. Besides, you can still charge it with the cord. How about options?
    08-23-14 09:20 AM
    Gotta say wireless charging has been a nice surprise for me. It's nice to just set the phone on vertical charger and walk off at the end of the day. Next morning it's fully charged and ready to go.

I suspect it's like a lot of things, once you've used it, you don't want to loose it.

It won't keep me from purchasing the Passport if Verizon gets it, but I will sure miss it if it's not there
    austriker likes this.
    08-23-14 09:39 AM
    I think wireless charging is silly. You can't use your phone properly while it charges. There's a big wire leading to the charging surface. Normal charging is just the same except you have to plug it in. Lol
    And then you have a big wire leading from the phone and you can't use it properly, same either way, just with wireless you can pick it up, do something, set it back down and it goes back to happily charging.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-23-14 09:41 AM
    With blend who cares

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:46 AM
    And then you have a big wire leading from the phone and you can't use it properly, same either way, just with wireless you can pick it up, do something, set it back down and it goes back to happily charging.
    Just like the good old charging points on the 9900, set it down in the cradle to charge and lift it out when you need to use it.

No wearing out the USB port, simple and efficient, why either wireless charging or charging points are not included in the BB10 range of devices beats me !!!
    kbz1960 and jimpilot like this.
    08-23-14 10:09 AM
    I'm extremely disappointed. Like I almost trend completely, going from obsessing and refreshing CB every day to not wanting to buy one. It's something that seems to be standard in today's phones. Rumor has it even the iPhone 6 has it. And you know when the iPhone which lags like 2 years behind high tech features has it and you don't. You are behind the times.

This being said Dhabkirk said in another post that there will be a model with it.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.

You can't have a phone that has every single new feature that comes out each year.. each manufacturers decides what technology to adopt and each have their reasons for it.. I personally would like to see a dock for the Passport sooner than I would see wireless charging, especially since with a removable back cover, wireless charging can be done 3rd party so easily..

Check Out TechCraze
    08-23-14 10:26 AM
    It sounds logical that another producer offers a cover with Qi charging abilities. Simple slide it in & long live wireless charging!
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-23-14 10:39 AM
    I for one want Qi wireless charging. I have a car charger and a 10000mAh power pack for emergencies. But. I want the convenience of being able to drop my phone on. A charging pad/stand at home to charge and quickly grab it off it needed to be used. Then simply place back on charger when done again.

Now if I worked in an office or somewhere I had a desk. I'd definitely have a charging pad/stand there as well.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    08-24-14 03:53 AM
    It sounds logical that another producer offers a cover with Qi charging abilities. Simple slide it in & long live wireless charging!
    What cover? The battery is not removable, there is no cover.
    08-24-14 04:58 AM
    What cover? The battery is not removable, there is no cover.
    Battery not removable, but back cover is.. still gotta insert nano sim, micro sd etc.

(I think)

Check Out TechCraze
    Attachment 293068
    08-24-14 05:05 AM
    Battery not removable, but back cover is.. still gotta insert nano sim, micro sd etc.

(I think)

Check Out TechCraze
    Attachment 293068
    From the top.

(I think)

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:32 AM
    Yes, disappointed. Never understood what a great convenience wireless charging is until I got my Z30. I love that feature.
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-24-14 05:44 AM
    Okay no you can't take the back off easily, but hopefully there will be a model with Qi and it's just been neglected, I would like to think that there's a lot we still don't know

Check Out TechCraze
    08-24-14 10:56 AM