Pocket now compared the blackberry against the blackphone for security and privacy without talking about:

- Blackberry enterprise server
    - BBM protected
    - Blackberry balance
    - QNX OS
    - the Secusmart acquisition
    - androids malware problem
    - blackberrys 10 year plus history and track record in providing the most secure communcations.

Their so called security expert "Joe Levi" who was speaking on the subject, has his bio on the pocket now website where it says "...and is pocket now's android guy". What else could you expect....

Go to 59 minutes to start watching.

Although the public perception has been improving, Ill informed self proclaimed experts like this seriously bother me when they miss some of the most relevant advantages in blackberry 10s favour

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mayor McCheese; 08-23-14 at 04:20 PM.
    08-22-14 09:07 PM
    Don't let them bother you. They are simply protecting their anxieties. Any phone that can be hacked and rooted in seconds is obviously not secure. Then again, I'm willing to say it is secure if you pay me. . I'm sure this hasn't happened.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 and hindsketchup238 like this.
    08-22-14 09:32 PM
    Yeah but Joe was asked if he had to choose between blackphone or blackberry which one would he choose and he said BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:24 PM
    Yeah but Joe was asked if he had to choose between blackphone or blackberry which one would he choose and he said BlackBerry lol

Posted via CB10
    Regardless they really portrayed blackberry inaccurately in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 12:54 AM
    Regardless they really portrayed blackberry inaccurately in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Dude 2 of the 3 guys said they preferred blackberry over blackphone and they said because bb10 is a way better and mature operating system. Whay more do you want? I'll take that any day of the week

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB and lift like this.
    08-23-14 06:02 AM
    The morons at pocket now compared the blackberry against the blackphone for security and privacy without talking about:

- Blackberry enterprise server
    - BBM protected
    - Blackberry balance
    - QNX OS
    - the Secusmart acquisition
    - androids malware problem
    - blackberrys 10 year plus history and track record in providing the most secure communcations.

Their so called security expert "Joe Levi" who was speaking on the subject, has his bio on the pocket now website where it says "...and is pocket now's android guy". What else could you expect....

Go to 59 minutes to start watching these clowns.

Although the public perception has been improving, Ill informed self proclaimed experts like this seriously bother me when they miss some of the most relevant advantages in blackberry 10s favour.

Idiots.

Posted via CB10
    For one thing all those are not available to the consumers
    Which is what most tech sites are geared to
    The android.malware problem is only and issue if you enable sideloading and using shaddy sources even bbry has no immunity to that as you can sideload

And bbry s balance is already available to consumers as family settings on androids and Windows phones

Where you can have seperste apps and info on a container mode just like balance except you dont need a seperate server

Tech sites are geared towards consumers anyways

If you want to learn about security then blackhat is for you as it is a security conference

The government already has access to your info bbry gives it to them as expert center acccess vs a security certificate from lawenforcenent and a judge Apple and.Google and ms have all stood publically in front of congress about.the Nsa's certificates bbry was a no show
    It is better.living life then to live in fear
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    Last edited by Phi Nguyen; 08-23-14 at 06:49 AM.
    08-23-14 06:34 AM
    You shouldn't be reading tech sites or anything on the Internet if you only want to see things you agree with.

Q10, N5, N10.
    donnation, BB_Junky and JeepBB like this.
    08-23-14 07:19 AM
    This is part of the reason people are leaving here is attitudes of the OP and others, believe it or not there are other phones out there that are better than BBRY. I case you haven't heard, your beloved BBRY is only popular here on this site...out in the real,world people have choices and they use and like what they use.
    Just because YOU think BBRY is the best device out there does not mean the whole world is on your side. Crazy huh? I love BBRY but I am not blinded by them

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Bsbudd likes this.
    08-23-14 08:39 AM
    People make decisions base on popular demand mostly. As consumers we made countless of decision everyday. From the type of alarm that woke us up, to dental and body cleaning products to get us ready. From clothing to breakfast items. Car or transport to get us into work. From lunch to smoking and returning home having dinner watching TV to what kind of bed we sleep in. That's just a mundane narrow view of the number of consumer products we use in a single day. No one can possibly be knowledgeable about every single product we use regardless of how expensive it is or how affordable the product is. That's why we have market research by manufacturers to study consumers behavior. That's why we have loyalty programs collecting our spending habits. That's why the internet tracking our activities. That's why social media is a huge business getting to personally know you. Most consumers do not have time nor the care to research what toothpaste or which phone devices they use. They almost always defer to the most popular brand no matter if the product perform less optimum than another brand. Unless they either get frustrated or have a chance encounter with someone who knows what they talk about, they will accept the flaws that come with the products. This site can be talking about cars or tv or audio system or computer systems or toothpaste the result is the same. Consumer product is not a religion. It does not enhance or elevate our spirituality. At best it's a hobby. You have your community of hobbyists who focus in different brand of phone. And you have the rest of the people who just use it as a daily function. All these noise and chattering on the Internet one product versus another product is just byproduct of consumerism. Not very different from lawyers who hang around the hospital looking for work in the name of helping the victims righting the wrong in the name of justice.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:30 AM
    believe it or not there are other phones out there that are better than BBRY. I case you haven't heard, your beloved BBRY is only popular here on this site.
    Well oh the irony

From my mobile arsenal..zee z10
    08-23-14 09:38 AM
    Yall are missing the point.

I am strictly speaking of their discussion on privacy and security.

Anyone who knows blackberry knows they did a poor job of presenting it accurately in that domain.

Call me a fan boy, say I have bias, etc. But my point still stands.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:39 AM
    No one can possibly be knowledgeable about every single product we use

Posted via CB10
    Understandable but these guys are from pocket now which covers phones all the time and they call the one guy a security expert. In some of their original reviews of blackberry 10 phones they spoke of the app gap without evening mentioning the ability to sideload android apps..... like cmon

All I'm saying as if they want to act like experts on phones and all that, that they should really so a better job.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:44 AM
    This is part of the reason people are leaving here is attitudes of the OP and others, believe it or not there are other phones out there that are better than BBRY. I case you haven't heard, your beloved BBRY is only popular here on this site...out in the real,world people have choices and they use and like what they use.
    Just because YOU think BBRY is the best device out there does not mean the whole world is on your side. Crazy huh? I love BBRY but I am not blinded by them

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD

I never said it was the best phone for everything - I said they discussed the phone with regards to security and privacy WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING On some BlackBerry's best assets!!!

How does that make me irrational?!@!? How does that automatically make my argument bias?!?!

How does it make me "blind" to point legitimate and objective facts??

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:48 AM
    Dude 2 of the 3 guys said they preferred blackberry over blackphone and they said because bb10 is a way better and mature operating system. Whay more do you want? I'll take that any day of the week

Posted via CB10
    I really honestly don't know much more clear I can make this. PLEASE READ The sentence below:

They spoke about blackberry for security and privacy WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING On some of blackberrys best assets in that domain.

That's all I'm saying....

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:51 AM
    You shouldn't be reading tech sites or anything on the Internet if you only want to see things you agree with.

Q10, N5, N10.
    What's wrong with not agreeing with something?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:53 AM
    For one thing all those are not available to the consumers
    Which is what most tech sites are geared to
    The android.malware problem is only and issue if you enable sideloading and using shaddy sources even bbry has no immunity to that as you can sideload

And bbry s balance is already available to consumers as family settings on androids and Windows phones

Where you can have seperste apps and info on a container mode just like balance except you dont need a seperate server

Tech sites are geared towards consumers anyways

If you want to learn about security then blackhat is for you as it is a security conference

The government already has access to your info bbry gives it to them as expert center acccess vs a security certificate from lawenforcenent and a judge Apple and.Google and ms have all stood publically in front of congress about.the Nsa's certificates bbry was a no show
    It is better.living life then to live in fear
    Posted via CrackBerry App
    All fair points.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:55 AM
    I really honestly don't know much more clear I can make this. PLEASE READ The sentence below:

They spoke about blackberry for security and privacy WITHOUT EVEN TOUCHING On some of blackberrys best assets in that domain.

Posted via CB10
    They didn't touch on those points because they didn't need too! BlackBerry won in their eyes without having to go into all the blackberry enterprise security features.

I'm beginning to think you only listened to the first half of that podcast. Next time listen to the whole thing before making a nonsense thread!

Posted via CB10
    Bsbudd likes this.
    08-23-14 07:20 PM
    They didn't touch on those points because they didn't need too! BlackBerry won in their eyes without having to go into all the blackberry enterprise security features.

I'm beginning to think you only listened to the first half of that podcast. Next time listen to the whole thing before making a nonsense thread!

Posted via CB10
    I listened to the entire part where blackberry came up including the part where they chose which one - where their choices mainly weren't focused on security and privacy....

You again miss my point.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:38 PM
    Your points seriously frustrate me...

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 10:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's called Sponsorship! It's nothing new!

Imagine if Google would pay YOU for all your internet data: surfing sites visited per day/hour, emails it tracks, the words linked to company's, the users that work for company's it already does and would like to advertise for ... your name, why you chose your email address, your family members, your age, your sex, sexual orientation, your food choices, travel choices, whom you're dating or cheating with and finally your health status! Imagine all of that ... I'd think we'd have a 60% 'ers vs a 5%'rs of rich in the world. Then again google would go broke.
    08-23-14 11:13 PM
    It's called Sponsorship! It's nothing new!

Imagine if Google would pay YOU for all your internet data: surfing sites visited per day/hour, emails it tracks, the words linked to company's, the users that work for company's it already does and would like to advertise for ... your name, why you chose your email address, your family members, your age, your sex, sexual orientation, your food choices, travel choices, whom you're dating or cheating with and finally your health status! Imagine all of that ... I'd think we'd have a 60% 'ers vs a 5%'rs of rich in the world. Then again google would go broke.
    Ahhh what? He chose BlackBerry NOT blackphone

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 11:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, if it was a discussion about BlackBerry security and privacy, which best assets that they didn't touch on in this category are you referring to. Please explain yourself.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    08-24-14 08:43 AM
    There is no such thing as a "best or better" anything... best is a personal preference... as smartphones basically all do the same thing.. it is a matter o
    08-24-14 08:54 AM
    There actually is no such thing as a "best or better' smartphone...... as all smartphones do the same things... albiet differently or efficiently than others... it comes down to users preference... What you like is what is best.... simple.... as for security.. if is amazing how people totally misunderstand what security is... I service computers for a living... the is an axium in my business that your computer is only as fast as the slowest part..... the same is security... you are only as secure as you most vulnerable activity... if you send email over an unecrypted system..... use unencrtypted messaging.... install priate android apps... it does not matter how secure BB servers or encryption is if you are not using it.... A couple of years ago IBM blocked Siri us on all Iphones due to lack of security.... to keep trotting out how secure BB is ( which is true ) but is is not sucure unless you are using BES,,, BMM etc ( blackberry services ).... as far as the tech sites... they are in business to make money and support the platforms that has the most users who spend the most money... BB does not fit into that catagory....
    08-24-14 09:06 AM
    Just get all of your information from Crackberry. On this site, Blackberry is the best for consumers, enterprise and those that are security-mided. You will be safe here.
    08-24-14 09:09 AM