Glympse works better on every platform other than BlackBerry.

See attached picture. Those big blur blobs are so helpful. Also you can't turn them off.
    Why does Glympse suck?-img_20140822_172650.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:29 PM
    I don't get those on mine?
    08-22-14 05:04 PM
    It's supposed to show you the path me and the person traveled. It does but it's giant circles that obstruct everything. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:11 PM
    It's supposed to show you the path me and the person traveled. It does but it's giant circles that obstruct everything. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    I've never had that issue on any of my BlackBerry 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:13 PM
    So it's just me now what??

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:30 PM
    Sorry, but I also don't have that on my OS 10.2.1.

Are you running a pre-mature leak like OS 10.3?
    08-22-14 05:42 PM
    To be clear...I only use Glympse through BBM.

I am downloading it from amazon to test...as you mention other platforms I suspect you are using the app right?
    08-22-14 05:54 PM
    Yes new bbm forced you to use the bbm app to use Glympse. So I am using my BlackBerry and bbm app to open Glympse have a friend with an iPhone and the colors shown in my picture are road sized not giant.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 07:34 PM
    It's a bug in the latest BBM, because the BBM team decided we didn't have enough bugs so they gave us some.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 01:04 AM
    Well never got to use Glympse as it's tied to BlackBerry maps, and BlackBerry maps doesn't have map data for my area!!

Absolutely useless! BlackBerry doesn't cover the globe with its maps and doesn't allow us to use alternate maps!

WhatsApp my most hated app has a "map choose" option!

It's plain wrong

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    08-23-14 01:11 AM
    Normally a huge circle means the GPS location is not available so the device uses A-GPS instead. It's a way of using the mobile cell tower information to get an appropriate location and the circle means "inside this area".

I don't know if that's the case or it is a bug. It seems weird that both devices should have this problem.

What OS version are you running?

Can you get an exact position if you open your map app?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 02:38 AM
    I'm on 10.2.1.sonething. It's funny the arrow is in the exact right position. The large circle I believe is supposed to be much smaller and when either arrow moves it creates a line. Like its supposed to show the route you took using a nice line trail instead it's giant. Like it zoomed poorly and got stuck or something.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:20 AM
    Glympse works better on every platform other than BlackBerry.

See attached picture. Those big blur blobs are so helpful. Also you can't turn them off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140822_172650.png 
Views:	1154 
Size:	389.4 KB 
ID:	292660

Posted via CB10
    It's a known bug with the most recent release of BBM. Happens with me.
    Why does Glympse suck?-bvvwxvciiaiqoct.png
    08-23-14 09:03 PM
    Normally a huge circle means the GPS location is not available so the device uses A-GPS instead. It's a way of using the mobile cell tower information to get an appropriate location and the circle means "inside this area".

I don't know if that's the case or it is a bug. It seems weird that both devices should have this problem.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, I understand that it is A-GPS when signal week. I've never had the issue though.

? Posted with the brilliance of my Z30 ?
    09-05-14 04:27 AM
    The update resolved this issue for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-14 08:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    This has nothing to do with GPS position not available. This happen after I upgraded BBM, two versions ago. Before that no blue blob. With the most recent update to BBM I though they would correct this but apparently not.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 04:28 PM
    Is there no fix for this? I've had this issue for a while. It happened after a bbm update and none of the updates have fixed this issue for me.
    02-05-15 06:48 PM
    Is there no fix for this? I've had this issue for a while. It happened after a bbm update and none of the updates have fixed this issue for me.
    We just recently had a BBM upgrade but the issue is still there. What I've heard in the threads is that the blue blob will disappear once you download OS 10.3, so if you've side loaded a 10.3 version, you should be ok but if you're like me and others who are waiting for the official download you'll have to wait a bit longer. Fortunately we're in February already, so if BlackBerry is keeping it's promise the wait won't be too much longer.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 04:21 PM
    We just recently had a BBM upgrade but the issue is still there. What I've heard in the threads is that the blue blob will disappear once you download OS 10.3, so if you've side loaded a 10.3 version, you should be ok but if you're like me and others who are waiting for the official download you'll have to wait a bit longer. Fortunately we're in February already, so if BlackBerry is keeping it's promise the wait won't be too much longer.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately, I have Tmobile and I'm worried if i will have an update. But still waiting.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:37 AM