All of a sudden one day my z10 started draining battery like crazy (sometimes about 4-5% on standby every 5 min from a full charge). 'System' is taking up over 50% of a full charge on standby airplane mode. Up until this point I have had no problems of the sort. I have not added any new apps or made any changes prior to this happening.

I have googled around and found other people with the same problem, and I have tried all of their suggestions. Like hard resets, battery pulls, sim card pulls, etc... No luck. I've also downloaded the 'taskmanager' app to see if there was anything running in the background, but there was nothing. I have charged it to 100% multiple times since this has started happening, as well as letting it drain to 0% just as many times to see if that would help.

The phone was brand new as of early July, but was purchased from a 3rd party so I cannot do a refund and there is no warranty.

'System' eating up battery...-img_20140822_101549.png
    The first dip you see in the picture is me listening to streaming music. Afterwards I closed everything, checked taskmanager again, and then put it into airplane mode and went to sleep. Of course upon waking up this morning the battery was 100% drained.

Unlocked STL100-3, 10.2.1.2977, Carrier: Telus

If anyone here has any suggestions I would be greatly appreciative.
    Last edited by murray55; 08-22-14 at 10:03 AM.
    08-22-14 09:44 AM
    Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    08-22-14 10:58 AM
    Was it an android music streaming app by any chance?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:06 AM
    Try a restart:
    I have tried that many times to no avail.

Was it an android music streaming app by any chance?
    Yes it is the skyfm app, apk. I've been using it since I got the phone in July but this problem only started happening <48hrs ago. And this was on airplane mode with nothing running in taskmanager. I will uninstall it anyways just to troubleshoot, and I've already uninstalled every other android app.

But just to be clear, this battery issue happens without having streamed music after a battery pull, reset, etc.
    Last edited by murray55; 08-22-14 at 12:38 PM.
    08-22-14 12:09 PM
    You might want to give reloading the OS a shot if it continues to act up. But what triggered this behavior - seems like nothing you did.
    08-22-14 03:08 PM
    Had the same issue with my sister's Z30 and she used bedtime mode for the first time the night before : BBM used 65% of the battery, drained in 3 hours.
    Restarted the phone and it's now charging, next step if nothing changes hard reboot.
    Never had any issue with my Q10 until now.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 03:13 PM
    I have been having the same problem since last night. Only changes have been upgraded battery booster app is apparently headless.

But not sure. Phone is getting very warm like I am playing a game, but when idle in my pocket

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:07 AM
    Also, it only seems to charge to 96%. Rebooted 3 times and it is still happening

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 03:08 AM
    I have been having the same problem since last night. Only changes have been upgraded battery booster app is apparently headless.

But not sure. Phone is getting very warm like I am playing a game, but when idle in my pocket

Posted via CB10
    Remove or UNinstall that app and see what happens.
    08-23-14 08:03 AM
    I turn off my wifi when I am not home and when I am home I turn off my data. Depending on the strength of your modem at home your cell phone may be trying very hard to reach it. Perhaps someone move it or it dropped to the floor. Check that too or get a newer type of modem.

Big Brother Hoards Your Data, stop the hoarding.
    08-23-14 08:20 AM
    Try keeping your phone in airplane mode overnight. Magically worked for me

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 10:34 AM
    I found the culprit. My SD card (128gb class 10) had corrupted data somehow (pics/vids/songs). It had been stuck at 2% of 'scanning media card' and never moved after many many hours, but I hadn't noticed because I wasn't using any sd media for the past couple of days. Once I removed the SD card, everything went back to normal.

So this leads me to another question. Google has results from early 2014 saying that anything over 32gb needs to be formatted in FAT32. But more recent posts from June say the new OS can handle it but it needs to be exFAT. Can anyone with a 64/128 card confirm any of this? I don't want this to happen again since I lost some pretty cool pictures due to corruption.
    step07 likes this.
    08-23-14 11:36 AM
    For me I found by switch off the operator (flight mode) and to come at normal state after a while. I had this many times in 4g
    08-25-14 04:36 PM