Hi,

why does the assistend work well in english but in german it sounds like speaking in a can and additionally it don't want to chat.

Don't get me wrong the new assistent is way better than the old one! Now it really understand and can find names.

But: Using german, the assistent reakts on the question:
    "Woher kommst du?"
    ("Where are you from?")

With searching an app.

In another thead I've seen that the assistent answers to the english question with:
    I am canadian.

So why is this assistent allways better in english?
    Hopefully we (other languages) get an upgrade for the assistent to gat an as good experience than english speaking persons.

Greetings
    08-22-14 05:37 AM
    First of all the new OS isn't official yet, so it's kind of early to complain about missing "features" when you're using a leak. I'm surprised it supports other languages at all at this early stage.
    On the other hand, the core functionality is arguably more important than being able to chit-chat with the user, especially for BlackBerry's target customers, I suppose. I guess Siri is to blame for having to teach these kind of questions to your virtual phone assistant nowadays.
    - - -
    Zuallererst mal ist das neue Betriebssystem ja noch gar nicht offiziell, also ist es etwas fr�h, bei einem Leak �ber fehlende Funktionen zu klagen.
    Ich bin �berrascht, dass es �berhaupt schon andere Sprachen unterst�tzt.
    Andererseits sind die grundlegenden Funktionen wohl wichtiger, als mit dem Benutzer zu tratschen, vor allem f�r BlackBerrys Zielgruppe.
    Ist wohl Siris Schuld, dass man heutzutage einem virtuellen Assistenten vor allem solche Fragen beibringen muss.
    geodorn likes this.
    08-22-14 05:54 AM
    It's the same for Italian. This is because they don't translate easter eggs
    Neither Siri does. Ask her what's the best place for hiding a body in English and in German

Posted via CB10
    LastSnake likes this.
    08-22-14 08:22 AM
    I don't want to blame BB!
    I know it's a early beta!

BUT: for different systems the english is made with passion and the other languages are not!

That's my problem!

And as I said:
    I hope it will get better with further releases!
    08-22-14 09:32 AM
    Why don't you ask it to do something for you instead of interviewing him ? Like send a text message to Herr Muller? Also i like your nickname. I am pretty sure you aren't schwarz yourself

Hi,

why does the assistend work well in english but in german it sounds like speaking in a can and additionally it don't want to chat.

Don't get me wrong the new assistent is way better than the old one! Now it really understand and can find names.

But: Using german, the assistent reakts on the question:
    "Woher kommst du?"
    ("Where are you from?")

With searching an app.

In another thead I've seen that the assistent answers to the english question with:
    I am canadian.

So why is this assistent allways better in english?
    Hopefully we (other languages) get an upgrade for the assistent to gat an as good experience than english speaking persons.

Greetings
    08-22-14 12:07 PM
    I don't want to blame BB!
    I know it's a early beta!

BUT: for different systems the english is made with passion and the other languages are not!

That's my problem!

And as I said:
    I hope it will get better with further releases!
    It's clear that they are testing the core system in English first before other languages. You aren't supposed to have this leak anyway...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 08-22-14 at 01:27 PM.
    08-22-14 01:16 PM
    But I have it and I like it! ;-)

Amazing how stable this first beta is!

On Monday I start testing with bes
    08-22-14 01:37 PM