Allpar : Active noise control coming to Mopars?

"QNX, a division of Blackberry which supplies software to Chrysler for UConnect, has developed a new system that �reduces engine harmonics below 150 Hz� by using information from the car computer and microphones. It then generates anti-noise signals (equal in magnitude and opposite in phase to the noise) through the car�s existing speakers. While such systems exist in high-end cars today, they generally rely on hardware processing, while this is a (mostly) software solution which taps existing software and signal processors."

... more ...

BlackBerry : Chrysler's Silent Partner-qnx.jpg

See: See: http://www.allpar.com/news/inde...ming-to-mopars

Cheers,
    Paul
    08-21-14 09:33 PM
    The innovation coming out of BlackBerry is impressive. Chen is getting BlackBerry to fire on all cylinders

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:35 PM
    The innovation coming out of BlackBerry is impressive. Chen is getting BlackBerry to fire on all cylinders

Posted via CB10
    QNX is on fire.... active noise control is something they have been working on long before Chen showed up.

The question remains is this a potential $100 Million in future revues or is it an extra $10 million.... And keep in mind that for consumers, QNX means nothing.... but you put a Bose-branded sound systems with active noise reduction (already on the market). That is something that both the consumer and the manufacture might pay a premium for.
    08-22-14 01:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    QNX is on fire.... active noise control is something they have been working on long before Chen showed up.

The question remains is this a potential $100 Million in future revues or is it an extra $10 million.... And keep in mind that for consumers, QNX means nothing.... but you put a Bose-branded sound systems with active noise reduction (already on the market). That is something that both the consumer and the manufacture might pay a premium for.
    notafanboy likes this.
    08-22-14 01:28 PM
    Echo

Posted via CB10
    BCITMike and ordigas like this.
    08-22-14 03:31 PM

Of course consumers would not care too much about QNX. But manufactures would care whether the noise reduction is cost effective and whether QNX would do it with lowest cost.

Posted via CB10
    app_Developer and bungaboy like this.
    08-22-14 04:30 PM
    Of course consumers would not care too much about QNX. But manufactures would care whether the noise reduction is cost effective and whether QNX would do it with lowest cost.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely, cost is the key. The Bose name is utterly meaningless unless they can provide the noise cancellation product cheaper than QNX . Obviously, they can't and thus they are ignored in the auto field.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    08-22-14 08:39 PM
    And UConnect in my Chrysler doesn't work well with my BlackBerry.
    The blue tooth for phone calls work good but Maps doesn't, i can't voice navigation while connected through bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 06:21 PM
    And UConnect in my Chrysler doesn't work well with my BlackBerry.
    The blue tooth for phone calls work good but Maps doesn't, i can't voice navigation while connected through bluetooth

Posted via CB10
    You can't hear the voice navigation?
    Switch to AUX. When I do that in my Challenger, the Music app automatically launches and the Map voice plays instead of the music when a direction us given.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    bungaboy and zephyr613 like this.
    08-26-14 06:45 AM
    You can't hear the voice navigation?
    Switch to AUX. When I do that in my Challenger, the Music app automatically launches and the Map voice plays instead of the music when a direction us given.

But I need to have my phone on bluetooth so I can take calls while driving.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 11:22 AM
    But I need to have my phone on bluetooth so I can take calls while driving.

Posted via CB10
    The phone calls override the map.
    AUX on the Radio is BlueTooth.

08-26-14 01:41 PM
    The phone calls override the map.
    AUX on the Radio is BlueTooth.

This.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 02:43 PM
    Anyone know how far QNX goes in cars? I just got a GMC Terrain, picking it up tomorrow, and I know it has active noise cancelling as part of the stereo just as this is described. Is it QNX in there or something else?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 11:01 AM
    Anyone know how far QNX goes in cars? I just got a GMC Terrain, picking it up tomorrow, and I know it has active noise cancelling as part of the stereo just as this is described. Is it QNX in there or something else?

Posted via CB10
    OnStar runs on QNX

08-27-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's a Bose system that's in the Terrain and Equinox

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-27-14 04:22 PM
    That's a Bose system that's in the Terrain and Equinox

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    No, it's a Pioneer system as far as I can tell. How much of it is actually Pioneer, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:01 PM
    No, it's a Pioneer system as far as I can tell. How much of it is actually Pioneer, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the hardware. The active noise algorithm is Bose as far as I know ...

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    08-27-14 07:25 PM
    More news from Allpar:

"On August 21, 2014, Mike Volkmann told Allpar that QNX, which supplies Chrysler UConnect’s operating system, had developed a new system that “reduces engine harmonics below 150 Hz” by detecting ambient noise, then generating anti-noise signals (equal in magnitude and opposite in phase to the noise) through existing speakers.

The system will be available in the 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT, according to a recently issued press release."

...more...

See: Jeep SRT: active sound cancellingAllpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News | Allpar Chrysler, Dodge, and Jeep News

Cheers,
    Paul
    09-02-14 04:39 PM
    That new Dodge Challenger is QNX infested.

G's Z30
    09-08-14 05:48 AM