I'm a little sad with this but, with the new 10.3 leak loaded on my Z10, well I don't even thinking getting a new phone aside the Z30, and the only reason is cause I need a better battery live I LOVE MY Z10!!!

Font: N4BB

No new high end all-touch device in near future?-img_20140821_212551.png

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:26 PM
    yep, nothing we didnt already know pretty much.
    08-21-14 09:29 PM
    yep, nothing we didnt already know pretty much.
    That's right, just got a little hope with all the Z20 thing, but never mind, I'm happy enough with my Z10 and my only switch option in case is needed will be the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:05 PM
    There are four devices being released this year, and for a company that has been struggling that's pretty good. Touch will be the product lines for next year.

This is BlackBerry, not Samsung that has the money to throw at a new device every twenty minutes.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 05:54 AM
    March 2015 was the rumored date for high touch device (Ontario?)

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    08-22-14 06:02 AM
    Z30 is pretty new, no?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:13 AM
    The already announced Passport and Classic have yet to arrive. In the US we will be lucky to have them by June 15'. Probably get an announcement first Q of next year and release by end of 2015.
    08-22-14 09:22 AM
    Z30, less than a year old but seems the are almost sold out

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    08-22-14 09:25 AM
    08-22-14 09:32 AM
    The US will probably won't even pick up the Classic. Maybe the Passport fosure

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 04:29 PM
    The Z30 Battery life is awesome. The Z30 is free in Canada's top carriers, Bell, Rogers, and Telus until the middle of september.

From my ? phone
    08-22-14 06:42 PM
    There are four devices being released this year, and for a company that has been struggling that's pretty good. Touch will be the product lines for next year.

This is BlackBerry, not Samsung that has the money to throw at a new device every twenty minutes.

Posted via CB10
    How about just carrying 3 phones instead of 5 or 6 different models. Pick 3 and work on make them the best. I keep saying BlackBerry keeps spreading themselves thin with all these different models.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-22-14 10:56 PM
    I'm inclined to agree with the 3 models idea. Which really could be looked at as 2.5 models; a full touch and an envelope pushing qwerty phone every year, with an updated classic style every two years (or three.)

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:14 PM
    I think, you should buy the Z30 now. They have cut the price now, and you can wait for the next all-touch! Z10 to Z30 is a very good upgrade in my opinion. So much better battery life.
    08-23-14 12:39 AM
    The touch devices have sold abysmally so it makes perfect sense to focus on the core classic shaped devices, qwerty, especially with their refocus on Enterprise, where they have some solidity.

Given how much of a monster the passport is, one can imagine the next touch device to be a beast also (I hope). So if they're missing now I think that's ok.

That said, the z30 is actually superb. Battery, speed, reliable signal and (with the new 10.3 autoloader) android compatibility is really really good. If you need a touch device now, this is a good way to go. You can't go wrong with it. Or wait. If sales go well something else will be on the horizon...

Sent using tapatalk!
    08-23-14 04:25 AM
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, BlackBerry plans are pretty straightforward. First, a high end qwerty (passport) and then a value qwerty (classic). They own this market and need to maintain their hold on it. Next, the Z20 which will target the value, all touch market. This is a must have for BlackBerry as it is a growth market both from the consumer and enterprise perspective. Folks, the days of everyone paying top dollar for a phone are over. The premium phone market has been shrinking as people don't see why they should pay out the nose for a new phone that is only slightly better at delivering what they need. The value phone is the future and if properly developed BlackBerry could make some nice inroads in this area. This in turn would help support the sales of a premium phone down the road.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 04:53 AM
    The touch devices have sold abysmally so it makes perfect sense to focus on the core classic shaped devices, qwerty, especially with their refocus on Enterprise, where they have some solidity.
    How well have the BB10 qwerty devices sold?
    kbz1960 and Poirots Progeny like this.
    08-23-14 05:20 AM
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, BlackBerry plans are pretty straightforward. First, a high end qwerty (passport) and then a value qwerty (classic). They own this market and need to maintain their hold on it. Next, the Z20 which will target the value, all touch market. This is a must have for BlackBerry as it is a growth market both from the consumer and enterprise perspective. Folks, the days of everyone paying top dollar for a phone are over. The premium phone market has been shrinking as people don't see why they should pay out the nose for a new phone that is only slightly better at delivering what they need. The value phone is the future and if properly developed BlackBerry could make some nice inroads in this area. This in turn would help support the sales of a premium phone down the road.

Posted via CB10
    Don't believe the hype. Apple is about to set all sorts of sales records with the iPhone 6, just like it has been doing with the iPhone 5S, and Apple's the most premium brand in the business.

The "value phone" is only the future for people who get low-end fleet phones from their jobs and those who don't want or can't afford the premium models. But when the style and function of the premium models is in people's faces wherever they look, the masses will beg, borrow, or steal to have a real flagship in their pocket.

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.1052/T-Mobile USA
    08-23-14 05:32 AM
    How well have the BB10 qwerty devices sold?
    less than the 10 of millions that Thor predicted
    08-23-14 05:39 AM
    What is the Blackberry Z3 being advertised on the Blackberry site ? There's no mention of it in here, has any one got their hands on one yet ? (and NO, it is not a rebadged / relaunched Z30 or Z10, it is physically different).
    08-23-14 06:02 AM
    What is the Blackberry Z3 being advertised on the Blackberry site ? There's no mention of it in here, has any one got their hands on one yet ? (and NO, it is not a rebadged / relaunched Z30 or Z10, it is physically different).
    Seriously??
    08-23-14 07:29 AM
    Everyone is right - the qwerty devices haven't sold well either. I just get the sense that the keyboard devices are going to get more traction, sales wise, especially if Enterprise customers upgrade to bb10... Something that had been slow thus far. Hopefully the bb10 sales will start to climb, and exceed bbos legacy sales. Well I hope so or else the bb10 gamble is lost. That would be a shame.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    08-23-14 04:47 PM
    Everyone is right - the qwerty devices haven't sold well either. I just get the sense that the keyboard devices are going to get more traction, sales wise, especially if Enterprise customers upgrade to bb10... Something that had been slow thus far. Hopefully the bb10 sales will start to climb, and exceed bbos legacy sales. Well I hope so or else the bb10 gamble is lost. That would be a shame.
    Sent using tapatalk!
    I'm agree, and ironically, enterprise business already started to migrate to full touch devices.

The problem with BlackBerry was that in first place they didn't advertise the devices and OS correctly, most people are already thinking on blackberry phones as the eternal loading devices... I'm sad just to look at the Z30 and realize that most people doesn't even know that it exist and is one of the beast phones out there.

I hope that blackberry succeed this time, and use the marketing in the right way.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 05:27 PM
    My z10 has two batteries so I will wait as long as I can before upgrading. I spent 400$ on the z10 when it first came out and it still fits my needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:56 AM