I recently got job in BlackBerry HQ city, Waterloo. I received a company phone on the new job and I was shocked to receive a Bold 9900. This is a big problem. It causes a vicious cycle. People do not get exposed to BB10 on job and therefore do not take risks to buy one for home. And this is BB's backyard. I cannot imagine the severity of this problem elsewhere.

The old devices should be put out of circulation. What can be done to achieve this?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:56 PM
    They're cheap, work as described and still work on BES5 or something like that, so companies don't have to upgrade to a newer BES. I think the new BES12 will be free to upgrade to, or something like that(not an expert on the subject) so that might help boost BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 07:01 PM
    I recently got job in BlackBerry HQ city, Waterloo. I received a company phone on the new job and I was shocked to receive a Bold 9900. This is a big problem. It causes a vicious cycle. People do not get exposed to BB10 on job and therefore do not take risks to buy one for home. And this is BB's backyard. I cannot imagine the severity of this problem elsewhere.

The old devices should be put out of circulation. What can be done to achieve this?

Posted via CB10
    Is your employer in the business of promoting BB10? Unless that's their focus, then other factors are probably driving their decisions, like cost. Why drop a couple hundred on a phone for a new employee that may not work out? Give them a phone that's already paid for and maybe upgrade it down the road. There's also the support/training side of things.
    08-21-14 07:16 PM
    Agreed. It comes down to cost, why buy new when w can reuse?

If it makes up for it, we have the same policies on iPhone which means we have hundreds of 3, 4 and 4S's out there.

Posted via CB10 app & my killer BlackBerry Z30
    08-31-14 09:45 AM