Anyone else not thrilled that the mute button has multiple functions that never seem to work right?

Why did BB reduce the number of side buttons? I miss having that functionality.
    DocDRM, Mack Gans, dmlis and 1 others like this.
    08-21-14 11:30 AM
    Anyone else not thrilled that the mute button has multiple functions that never seem to work right?

Why did BB reduce the number of side buttons? I miss having that functionality.
    +1000 for accessory keys!! Single one on 9900 was TOO useful. I usually assigned it to messages so i could press the key while pulling phone from holster and see messages in a single motion. The old 9650 had two keys. I assigned it's extra key to flashlight functions. Something really missed on the 99. At least the 99 has a single key.
    08-21-14 12:33 PM
    i though convience keys were back with the classic?
    08-21-14 12:59 PM
    I think this should be a BlackBerry signature feature to be honest. Up there with the hardware keyboard in terms of making that strong connection with ex users.
    08-21-14 01:00 PM
    I think this should be a BlackBerry signature feature to be honest. Up there with the hardware keyboard in terms of making that strong connection with ex users.
    i though convience keys were back with the classic?
    OS7/9900 users call it a Q20 not a Classic. It is a Q10 with a track belt nothing more nothing less. Everything we have in the 9900 is gone. Just like when we go to BB10, I will lose multiple sharing on BBM because BB10 does not have this feature. Hey guys BB10 is not all it cracked up to be.
    idssteve likes this.
    08-21-14 02:03 PM
    I agree! I went from two convince keys on my curve 8530 to one key on my bold 9900 to zero keys on both my Z10 and Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, idssteve and EsJayDee like this.
    08-21-14 04:17 PM
    If we did this, it would be "look at BB in the dark ages with their buttons" when we have iPhone people so desprate for a programmable button there's a kickstarter for a damn headphone jack insert Pressy thing. Are you kidding me? This should be a no brainer. People want programmable convenience keys on their devices. I would like there to be one on each side of the device, but if there were just one anywhere it would be an improvement.
    08-21-14 05:11 PM
    I vote for 2 - and charging contacts. Give me that old school Bold 9000 feeling. Heck - throw in that awesome leather back cover and I'd be a happy camper on my future Passport!
    ViaCassian, dmlis, Mr4aces and 2 others like this.
    08-21-14 05:54 PM
    Besides a rock solid kb that never double typed, the one thing I miss from my old 8900 was its real camera shutter button.

By "real" I mean the button was like what you find on cameras, two stage. Press part way to meter, finish the press to fire the shutter.

It made it easy to meter, then recompose the shot.

Having the 2nd button (voice control by default) and being able to program it was a bonus.

The 8900 even had charge dock contacts.

A real shame the group who designed the Z10/30 and Q's never used BlackBerry devices. We lost so much functionality with BB10.

A little embarrassing IMHO
    08-21-14 09:27 PM
    If we did this, it would be "look at BB in the dark ages with their buttons" when we have iPhone people so desprate for a programmable button there's a kickstarter for a damn headphone jack insert Pressy thing. Are you kidding me? This should be a no brainer. People want programmable convenience keys on their devices. I would like there to be one on each side of the device, but if there were just one anywhere it would be an improvement.
    It's the standard "newer must be better" craze that's hit the masses in the last 10 years. But when it comes down to it, people are slowly realizing just how much easier and faster it is to do things with hard keys. That's why Ford went with all touchscreen controls in their cars back to having hard knobs and buttons for things used all of the time like the air-conditioning...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-05-14 09:28 PM
    The pics I saw showed 3 buttons on the right side (facing).

What are these for, anyone know?
    09-09-14 06:08 PM
    The pics I saw showed 3 buttons on the right side (facing).

What are these for, anyone know?
    Same as the 3 buttons on all other BB10 devices. Volume up/down and pause/play...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    09-09-14 08:24 PM
    I too like the convenience key. I like taking pictures of random things so it's nice to be able to get to my camera so quickly and snap pictures so easily as well. It's not a deal breaker for all the new features for me, though I am hopeful maybe some day we will have one or even two convenience buttons once again.
    09-09-14 08:54 PM
    I would love to have the side keys as well.

The top standby and mute key, ohhh well.. back to the 9700 days. My goodness, how I miss them.
    And side buttons which were so useful to customize and use it on will.
    Did I forget to say the camera click key was the best positioned in the 9900 and 9000? Yeah they were the super daddy BB phones ever made.

Mr Chen, if you are reading this by any chance... Please bring em back.
    I mean the convenient keys.
    09-10-14 09:54 AM
    You classic guys don't want the classic. You want a legacy device, judging by everything you post in this subforum.

pin:2B7CAF06
    09-10-14 10:06 AM
    You classic guys don't want the classic. You want a legacy device, judging by everything you post in this subforum.

Nope, we want a Bold with BB10, not a Q with a tool belt.
    bbzak, idssteve and DocDRM like this.
    09-10-14 10:16 AM
    I guess this explains it all. Nailed it!
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-10-14 10:54 AM
    That's not gonna happen.

09-10-14 12:42 PM
    It's not currently possible because no BB10 phone has a convenience button, hence there is not software to support it.

Beside then these guys wouldn't make any money! DIMPLE.IO - Your custom Android NFC buttons!

Wonder if it'd work with BB10?
    09-10-14 12:43 PM
    That's not gonna happen.

Which is precisely why people are not happy with the Classic as it stands !!!
    09-10-14 01:08 PM
    It's not currently possible because no BB10 phone has a convenience button, hence there is not software to support it.

Beside then these guys wouldn't make any money! DIMPLE.IO - Your custom Android NFC buttons!

Wonder if it'd work with BB10?
    I don't see why the 4 NFC sticker combo wounds work, and it's actually pretty cool, but yeah, you can launch apps using NFC.

09-10-14 01:11 PM
    Stick on buttons are not the answer, but you have to commend their effort, addressing an issue that shouldn't even be there to begin with.

So, let's just take a quick tally:
    Pressy (Headphone jack button insert) - Kickstarted with 28,000+ backers and nearly $700,000 raised
    Dimple.io (stick on NFC buttons) - Indigogo'd with almost 2,800 backers and nearly $90,000 raised
    Cliq (smartphone case with NFC buttons) - cancelled Kickstarter after $21,000 raised
    There's a number of button remapper applications for Android

Would it kill anyone to build in a customizeable button to modern smartphones? Nobody does it!!! They are all the same!

How great would it be to have a phone that had a '1' and '2' button that you could set to a user-defined action?
    09-10-14 02:20 PM

I agree with you. I think the classic looks like a very interesting phone but many people in this forum are simply living in the past wishing for something that will never happen.

This is reality, welcome to it.
    FrankIAm likes this.
    09-10-14 02:38 PM
    Stick on buttons are not the answer, but you have to commend their effort, addressing an issue that shouldn't even be there to begin with.

So, let's just take a quick tally:
    Pressy (Headphone jack button insert) - Kickstarted with 28,000+ backers and nearly $700,000 raised
    Dimple.io (stick on NFC buttons) - Indigogo'd with almost 2,800 backers and nearly $90,000 raised
    Cliq (smartphone case with NFC buttons) - cancelled Kickstarter after $21,000 raised
    There's a number of button remapper applications for Android

Would it kill anyone to build in a customizeable button to modern smartphones? Nobody does it!!! They are all the same!

How great would it be to have a phone that had a '1' and '2' button that you could set to a user-defined action?
    I'd love this

Posted via CB10
    09-10-14 02:45 PM