I went to the Q10 from iPhone 5 two months ago and I used my cousins to search for a video.

When I went to type on the screen, I felt so weird to be back on a non physical screen and it felt wrong to be using the screen as a keypad.

Just further clarifies my change back to the BlackBerry and my love for the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    dollface and fabio984 like this.
    08-21-14 10:01 AM
    I moved from a Bold 9780 to a Z10 and then to a Z30.

Where does that put us?

In the place we can tell BlackBerry has the best keyboard. Period.

That's where.
    08-21-14 10:06 AM
    Im using a 5S and waiting for a Q10, I love BlackBerry keyboards (physical and touch) but when I used a Z10 for a week, I just miss some apps.
    Now ill give a try with Q10...
    08-28-14 05:36 AM
    I gave my Iphone 5 work phone back last month and using the Blackberry full time again has been different but good. Its definitely nice to have the good battery life back again though.
    08-28-14 04:46 PM
    I moved from a Bold 9780 to a Z10 and then to a Z30.

Where does that put us?

In the place we can tell BlackBerry has the best keyboard. Period.

That's where.
    It's the z30 sooooo many different from the z10? I mean,it's almost the same. I'm not comparing specs, but daily usage... I see the z30 a bigger screen only (?).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    08-28-14 04:56 PM
    I just think BlackBerry did a great job with both VKB and PKB. The OS10 is getting refined and the UI is such an enjoyable experience. Now we need marketing with the release of the Passport and 10.3. OS update.

Typed with my Q10, or Z10, or Q10, or...
    08-28-14 06:25 PM
    went from a Z10 to a Q10 a few days ago, as I was sure going back to QWERTY was the right thing to do...... not so sure now, it really cements the fact that BlackBerry has done a hugely excellent job with the flicking virtual keyboard....
    the amoled colours are damn nice though, very vivid....

* eight BlackBerrys and counting...
    08-28-14 06:35 PM
    Im using a 5S and waiting for a Q10, I love BlackBerry keyboards (physical and touch) but when I used a Z10 for a week, I just miss some apps.
    Now ill give a try with Q10...
    There are more apps available now through the amazon app store. They're android apps. They're available for the Q10 as well but don't forget that the screen size can hinder many apps almost unusable. Love my Q10 either way though. It helps me stray away from distractions and focus on work I need to do for myself. If I REALLY need a break, I have a Galaxy Note 3 to play with.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-28-14 06:54 PM
    There are more apps available now through the amazon app store. They're android apps. They're available for the Q10 as well but don't forget that the screen size can hinder many apps almost unusable. Love my Q10 either way though. It helps me stray away from distractions and focus on work I need to do for myself. If I REALLY need a break, I have a Galaxy Note 3 to play with.

Posted via Q10RR
    Same here. All the heavy lifting with communications, I do with the Q10. For browsing, videos, time wasting, and as an LTE hotspot, I use the Note 3.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:27 AM
    I went to the Q10 from iPhone 5 two months ago and I used my cousins to search for a video.

When I went to type on the screen, I felt so weird to be back on a non physical screen and it felt wrong to be using the screen as a keypad.

Just further clarifies my change back to the BlackBerry and my love for the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Now go to BlackBerry 10 touch keyboard and compare to iOS. The lolz to be had.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-29-14 02:41 AM
    Now go to BlackBerry 10 touch keyboard and compare to iOS. The lolz to be had.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I did that with my friends' iPhones and the iPad mini. Such a different typing experience.

08-29-14 07:50 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    Almost unusable ? I've got apps that are a 100% unusable. I can't long into my investment accounts because an on screen keyboard partially pops up and the physical keyboard is not recognized.

Tapatalk and my BT headset app doesn't work. While these are not required, they are nice to have.

I am very happy with the battery life, reception, gestures, hub, and the BT performance.

While I like the square screen, I liked the proportions of the 9810 screen better. Keep the width, but make it a little bit taller.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:42 AM
    I did that with my friends' iPhones and the iPad mini. Such a different typing experience.

IPhone screen is too narrow. The iPad keyboard got stupid when they eliminated the lower case keys being shown on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 09:49 AM
    IPhone screen is too narrow. The iPad keyboard got stupid when they eliminated the lower case keys being shown on the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Yes the iPhone (using a 5s) is too narrow, sometimes my hands hurts holding it.
    The iPad is fine...But I agree with the keyboard too.
    Im waiting for a Q10.
    08-29-14 09:52 AM
    Another "let's beat up the iPhone" thread.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so.

I think BlackBerry users tend to value the typing experience more than other smartphone users.

Q10SQN100-2/10.2.1.3253
    08-29-14 10:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not at all. iPhone screen is too narrow. Apple did do away with the lower case letters on the iPad keyboard.

Saying iPhone sucks or is a toy (it doesn't and it isn't) is bashing.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 01:07 PM
    Saying the screen is narrow and the disappearance of keys is not bashing. It's a fact. O__o

Posted via Q10RR
    08-29-14 01:48 PM
    It's different, and I used both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-30-14 12:31 PM
    The iphone has a lot of nice features but a blackberry has it beat hands down for email and communication!

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 01:38 PM
    The iphone has a lot of nice features but a blackberry has it beat hands down for email and communication!

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly why when I had to get a second sim for work the other month, I went for a brand new Q10.

A PKB is peerless when it comes to email, sms, chat, overall communications device. Nothing comes close whether ios or android.

And the good thing about the Q10 versus my first BlackBerry, the 9900, is that it addressed my beef with the 9900, the poor battery life and the messy BBOS7. And I don't miss the tool belt and the track pad, though I understand why many would prefer it.

All these mean that I'm sticking with my Q10 for at least a year or two until a superior BlackBerry device with replaceable battery arrives.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 12:35 AM
    This is exactly why when I had to get a second sim for work the other month, I went for a brand new Q10.

A PKB is peerless when it comes to email, sms, chat, overall communications device. Nothing comes close whether ios or android.

And the good thing about the Q10 versus my first BlackBerry, the 9900, is that it addressed my beef with the 9900, the poor battery life and the messy BBOS7. And I don't miss the tool belt and the track pad, though I understand why many would prefer it.

All these mean that I'm sticking with my Q10 for at least a year or two until a superior BlackBerry device with replaceable battery arrives.

Posted via CB10
    I wouldn't be too quick to say the pkb is peerless for comms. I think it depends on individual users. I have been a Bold user for many years, and have had all the different models and sworn a qwerty champion. Then I bought a Z10 and been using it for a year. Last month, I bought a Q10, and after going back to qwerty for that past month, I am now certain that I am heaps faster typing on a Z10. And not only typing. Because of the larger screen, I am more productive too as I can see more of my emails etc.
    But as I said, different people, different preferences. But as a few people have mentioned, physical or virtual, BlackBerry makes the best keyboards

Eight BlackBerrys and counting....
    09-04-14 09:42 AM
    I wouldn't be too quick to say the pkb is peerless for comms. I think it depends on individual users. I have been a Bold user for many years, and have had all the different models and sworn a qwerty champion. Then I bought a Z10 and been using it for a year. Last month, I bought a Q10, and after going back to qwerty for that past month, I am now certain that I am heaps faster typing on a Z10. And not only typing. Because of the larger screen, I am more productive too as I can see more of my emails etc.
    But as I said, different people, different preferences. But as a few people have mentioned, physical or virtual, BlackBerry makes the best keyboards

Eight BlackBerrys and counting....
    We all know that BlackBerry's physical keyboard is the best in the world. But their virtual keyboards are among the best as well. The worst virtual keyboard I've ever used is the Nokia Lumia series and WP8. You would think that on those larger screens the keyboard would be easy to use, but nope. Worst physical keyboard? My vote goes to the Palm Pre.
    09-04-14 09:48 AM
    Still in a phone rotation between Moto X and Q10 but the keyboard keeps me coming back just wish google services was easier to have on bb10

Q10 Posted via CB10
    09-04-14 09:48 AM
    Still in a phone rotation between Moto X and Q10 but the keyboard keeps me coming back just wish google services was easier to have on bb10

Q10 Posted via CB10
    Ditto. Not for me but for my teen who wants to keep her Z10 but misses Google Services.

fabio984 and DS1331 like this.
    09-05-14 07:20 AM