I have a Q10, which I love, btw.
    But yesterday, I found my ancient Curve 8320 in a drawer. I charged it, and although it is no longer activated, I was able to go through old emails and texts that were still on it.
    And after playing with it for a while, it hit me: I really, REALLY do miss the tool belt.
    This old Curve has the old trackball, not even a trackpad, and the keys are nicely separated, I daresay I like the keyboard better than the Q10 and typing one handed was easier, though I am aware that the Classic keyboard will be similar to the Q10.
    But the tool belt!

And then traveling down memory lane, I remembered all the things my tech challenged self managed to do with the Curve 8320, and mainly, editing text was easier and faster.
    But wow.
    At the time, I had to travel across the country a lot, I was always on a plane, I was chatting back and forth with lawyers, friends, boyfriend, kids, even the dreaded ex.
    I remember how efficient this little phone was.

As I said, I love my Q10, but I would love it even more with a tool belt.
    The Curve 8320 is smaller, bulkier, way slower by today's standards but back then it was perfect, it enabled me to book flights, hotels, check itineraries, contact various people for work or personal reasons, and even though the camera was dreadful I used it all the time and sent pics and clips galore.

Of course I can do all that with my Q10 but the lack of tool belt forces me to slow down.
    So yeah.
    The Classic is definitely in my future.
    08-20-14 10:49 AM
    I think you share the same thoughts as many about the classic. The toolbelt is one of the things that made BBOS the powerhouse that it was
    08-20-14 11:22 AM
    But why, why, why do they have to take sooooo long to release it??? *toe tapping impatiently* I have no use for a Passport, I want my Classic NOW, lol.
    08-20-14 11:30 AM
    My reason for purchasing? BB is finally making the phone I wanted. All I really ever wanted is a 9900 that has a more stable OS, much better Web browser, and ability to run Android apps to fill-in the gaps. After taking an Android Vacation for last two years, I switched back to 9780 in middle of June, and just cannot believe how efficient the answer/hangup buttons are, in addition to trackpad/menu button. (not to mention the dedicated button for pausing media.)
    08-20-14 11:35 AM
    I've never had a Bold but I saw one just the other day at my yoga studio. I must say it is a gorgeous device.
    Mr4aces and ViaCassian like this.
    08-20-14 11:45 AM
    i would like to see them shove in the the battery from the Z30 in the Classic. That would be great for users.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    08-20-14 01:08 PM
    ...I want the trackpad and function keys back together with my physical keyboard. I'm faster and more efficient with a toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces, phuoc and Evilguppy like this.
    08-20-14 07:04 PM
    I think I'm gonna age with Blackberry Classic if I ever got one.
    AthenaSmith and Mr4aces like this.
    08-21-14 01:10 AM
    I'm a Q10 user and also had my eyes on the Classic. Although I love the trackpad and it's ease of use, part of me wonders why they didn't implement the touch keyboard into this device like they have done for the Passport, in addition to, or in lieu of the actual trackpad, since they serve the same function.

It seems to me the natural progression from the trackpad is the touch keyboard, but I guess since they are already decreasing screen real estate, they might as well leave the trackpad there too, since it only takes up additional horizontal space with the toolbelt implemented...at a minimum though, I expect the touch keyboard to be implemented in the next iteration of the Q10.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-21-14 03:20 AM
    I'm considering the Classic. Physical function keys (tool belt), file manager, fully functional e-mail app (attachment support), BBM, and Blend are some things that might pull me back. Long time BB user with Curve, Storm 1-2, and Bold 9930. As I posted in the FM Radio? thread, if an FM radio were available in the Classic, that would be a bonus feature.
    08-23-14 12:03 PM
    I want the toolbelt for better navigating in written texts and easier marking (copy&paste) and because I want a state-of-the-art device with an exchangeable battery...
    Oh, hang on: the hardware will be the same as for the Q10 and the battery will not be replaceable...
    So not sure, if I get the Classic or keep my Q10
    08-25-14 12:09 AM
    I want the toolbelt for better navigating in written texts and easier marking (copy&paste) and because I want a state-of-the-art device with an exchangeable battery...
    Oh, hang on: the hardware will be the same as for the Q10 and the battery will not be replaceable...
    So not sure, if I get the Classic or keep my Q10
    The non replaceable battery is what stopping me from getting one. I just bought a white Q10 as I missed out on a Z30.

So I have a black and a white one coming.. Mmmm

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-25-14 12:14 AM
    I'm a Q10 user and also had my eyes on the Classic. Although I love the trackpad and it's ease of use, part of me wonders why they didn't implement the touch keyboard into this device like they have done for the Passport, in addition to, or in lieu of the actual trackpad, since they serve the same function.

It seems to me the natural progression from the trackpad is the touch keyboard, but I guess since they are already decreasing screen real estate, they might as well leave the trackpad there too, since it only takes up additional horizontal space with the toolbelt implemented...at a minimum though, I expect the touch keyboard to be implemented in the next iteration of the Q10.

Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Classic or Passport???
    ML/RIM thought their **** didn't stink. So they waited until it was to late.
    I will get a Classic because...-under_the_gun_figure_of_speech_word_play_mousepad-r031388125bc34f129acde596e41efeac_x74vi_8byvr_.jpg
    08-25-14 04:07 PM
    I've owned a Z30 and Q10 - both fantastic phones in their own right - but for me they can't hold a candle to my Bold 9930 in terms of communication and navigation efficiency. That's why I went back.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing, reading and hearing more about the Classic as the time draws nearer for its release. If I do return to BB10, it will most definitely be in the form of the Classic.
    AthenaSmith and neoberry99 like this.
    08-25-14 04:27 PM
    Tool Belt....Toool Belt.... Tooooooool Belt

Posted via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    08-25-14 04:38 PM
    I'm thinking about getting the Classic. Had the 9930 but never had the Q10 (though I followed every review of the Q10 when it came out).

I miss the granularity of the notifications on the old BBOS. But if the tool belt is really coming back, and it has a better camera than the Q10, then I'll probably give it a try.

I do a lot of twitter, lurking in mobile nations sites, car enthusiast sites, stuff like that. Sure I like to watch the occasional video, but I have a Note 3 currently, and to be honest, have never watched a full movie on it or anything like that. I think the screen would be fine for consuming the stuff I like.

I definitely don't type as much in my emails and in my messages as I did when I had the 9930.

Looking forward to this Smartphone. Just hoping the camera is better than the Q10.

(Also starting a business in the late fall and want to manage everything from the classic).

Hope VZW doesn't take too long with testing, or it won't be out until 2015.
    anon(6038817) likes this.
    08-25-14 05:06 PM
    I want a BlackBerry Classic but there's only so much I can wait. If they don't release it by November I'm buying a windows phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:26 PM
    I want a BlackBerry Classic but there's only so much I can wait. If they don't release it by November I'm buying a windows phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    Oh man, I was forced to use a WP for a week and I can running back to my Q10... I personally would get Android and even iphone before a windows phone...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    phuoc likes this.
    08-25-14 07:31 PM