So i was browsing the internet and as i would scroll down any links i scrolled past would open. I thought this was strange and reset the phone and it seemed to be fine. Fast forward a few days and I`m trying to send a message and as I type the keyboard would ``jump`` all over the place, e.g. if I type m it would also type a x or c or both. Try to backspace and a b or v would come up. i had this same issue with my Z10 when i cracked the screen and tried to type near the crack but there are no cracks and a reset or even just going to the lock screen by holding the lock button seems to help. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this or is it some random fluke. And no the phone has not been dropped or gotten wet or anything along those lines. thanks
    08-20-14 09:57 AM
    Sounds like what the Praybook did when it was plugged into a charger, it would get all wonky and acting spastically. As soon as you pull the charge cable, rock solid.
    I just tried my 30 with it plugged in and all was happy. Is this a new device? Under the 30 day return/exchange for a new replacement? Oh yeah, STOCK OS?
    If nothing happened to it Physical/and no new apps installed that may cause the issue, you may be in line for a wipe and reload of the OS.

c
    08-20-14 01:26 PM
    Op, we're you plugged in at the time? This has happened to me a couple times, like the second poster but when plugged in to a aftermarket CAR charger. As soon as unplugged it's fine.
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 07:58 PM
    Sounds like what the Praybook did when it was plugged into a charger, it would get all wonky and acting spastically. As soon as you pull the charge cable, rock solid.
    I just tried my 30 with it plugged in and all was happy. Is this a new device? Under the 30 day return/exchange for a new replacement? Oh yeah, STOCK OS?
    If nothing happened to it Physical/and no new apps installed that may cause the issue, you may be in line for a wipe and reload of the OS.

c
    Actually this was not caused ever because of charging as I only used my playbook when it was charging.
    The real reason is because of an overload of electromagnetic pulses near the PlayBook causing the PlayBook to go haywire. Make sure you're not near anything giving off too much energy.

There was another thread a while ago with a user who would face this problem when they were in certain spots of their library. If you're having those problems, identify where it is and either move or move whatever is giving off those pulses

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:09 PM
    I was plugged in the second time I noticed it. I made a mental note of that as it did stop when I unplugged it. I guess I'll have to be careful where I use it I guess

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 08:49 AM
    I get this occasionally while the VZW Z30 is sitting on a QI charger.
    08-23-14 09:01 AM