Can anybody let me know what can I do to sort out the completely mess of contacts in my Z30?

I had to put it on hold but I missed it and decided to give it another chance. However the problem keeps the same. I'm using the same OS version on z30 and q10. On the Q everything is ok bit on my Z the problem is the same. This is the OS
    Contacts Issue-img_20140820_121719.png

Should someone have a good solution, please let me know. My contacts are sync through Microsoft Exchange.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 05:18 AM
    there is not hope and the contacts issue is just total mess
    08-20-14 08:15 AM
    It's really amazing the number of times this issue has been addressed and not solved by BlackBerry so far. This device is supposed to be for work but if I cannot contact the people how can I work? My last hope is to wait for new OS 10.3. In the meantime my Z30 it will be on hold again and for the last time. I'll be using my cheap Lumia 630 dual sim till then. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:27 AM
    Since I deleted all the local contacts and then only sync with my Hotmail account I've had no issues at all. Facebook profile pictures are added, but that's the only addition.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    wayne504 likes this.
    08-20-14 08:38 AM
    Gonna try. Although I have a few local contacts.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 08:50 AM
    where are the local contacts found?
    08-20-14 09:17 AM
    SIM card. I deleted the SIM cars contacts but no success. On my Q10 I have 3000 contacts on my Z30 I have only 900. Both devices are connected to my Microsoft Exchange Sever. Sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 11:14 AM
    how could BB f uck up a perfect contact app that they had on the older OS7, just makes me want to scream
    acovey likes this.
    08-20-14 12:38 PM
    how could BB f uck up a perfect contact app that they had on the older OS7, just makes me want to scream
    Obviously because a completely different team built it from the ground up, OS7 apps being incompatible with BB10.
    08-20-14 12:47 PM
    Lol at least your files didnt walk away like mine. Woke up and all the pics and videos of my kids were gone. I think we should all get an apple phone. I hate apple but hey, at least the crapple phone works and does its job

"Once You Go Black You Never Go Back"
    08-20-14 12:52 PM
    Since I deleted all the local contacts and then only sync with my Hotmail account I've had no issues at all. Facebook profile pictures are added, but that's the only addition.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    This is what I had to do and never restore contacts from a backup

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:00 PM
    It's completely unacceptable! Being supporting and defending BlackBerry all the time. My friends call me the BlackBerry lawyer (I'm a lawyer by the way) but this is enough. I believe BlackBerry had enough time to fix this completely unacceptable issue. Tomorrow I'll be using my cheap Nokia Lumia again and wait until the problem is sorted out. Otherwise I'll be looking for next iPhone or a better Lumia with windows 8.1 like the one I have. Really sad.

Posted via CB10
    08-20-14 01:13 PM
    What helped me, yes it is a pain in the..., make all you're contacts local. Delete all other synch. Check all synch options turn it all off when everything is sorted locally turn on email synch and Facebook. You will have to do this contact by contact! After this long and painful sorting you need to be careful when you add new contacts, before you save a new contact check where it will synch etc!

My simplest way was writing down every single contact on paper. I had 348 contacts....!!! Then I deleted every single contact on my phone. And start from scratch. This took me 2 days and it resulted in a perfectly organised list of contacts!

(my apologies for my English it is not my native language)
    Contacts Issue-img_20140821_104258.png
    Contacts Issue-img_20140821_104137.png
    Contacts Issue-img_20140821_104104.png
    Contacts Issue-img_20140821_104505.png

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 03:45 AM
    Mine has been clear since I removed google contacts. Before that I had contacts syncing to similar names and renaming to something else.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 04:36 AM
    Mine is working perfectly fine after i deleted all the local contacts from the device and then working with my only synced gmail contact list which i inherited from my OS 7.
    What i vould understand that when i made the device switch from OS 7 to OS 10 with the help of BlackBerry link, the contacts were copied in the device. Then when i added the gmail address book to sync with my device, all these mess started.. .. to add to there was this linking of contacts from FB twitter and LinkedIn.. that made the mess further worse.. but every thing was sorted out when i deleted all the local contacts and switched off those contact list from FB twitter or LinkedIn..
    Btw, the method to clear all local contacts in one single go is.... setting > accounts > flood button > clear local contacts...

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 04:56 AM
    Thank you. I'm trying to sort it using an application intouch app to sync

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 06:24 AM
    Thank you. I'm trying to sort it using an application intouch app to sync

Posted via CB10
    What contact problem you were referring to? I had duplicate contacts, missing contacts, etc. But I fixed all of them and now I am good.

Give us a little more specifics and maybe we can help you.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    08-21-14 08:54 AM
    That's all the troubles you mentioned above. You can read my first post on top. Basically on Q10 contacts are well sync with my ME server. On the Z30 it's completely mess. I'm trying using the intouch app, synchronising first the Q and then the Z but it's not working as good as I was expecting. More thoughts are welcomed but I believe this issue is well known by hundreds of BlackBerry users.

Just another grain of salt: on my Q I have the double typing issue!

I must be crazy to still keep using BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 09:32 AM
    I had the same problem with a social media contacts mixed with a phone contacts. Did not have this problem on Z10. Nobody offered solution so I cleaned it up manually.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 10:55 AM
    That's all the troubles you mentioned above. You can read my first post on top. Basically on Q10 contacts are well sync with my ME server. On the Z30 it's completely mess. I'm trying using the intouch app, synchronising first the Q and then the Z but it's not working as good as I was expecting. More thoughts are welcomed but I believe this issue is well known by hundreds of BlackBerry users.

Just another grain of salt: on my Q I have the double typing issue!

I must be crazy to still keep using BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    First make sure that you have a copy of all your important contacts in your exchange mail contact list.

Go to settings then accounts, look at all your emails, make sure that only the one AND ONLY ONE exchange account is synced.

Delete all local contacts by going to accounts then the three horizontal dot tab on the bottom left and select delete all local contacts.

Open the contacts app, swipe down from the top and turn off everything under "show account in contact list" except that one said exchange mail.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 09:22 PM
    Here is what I do....I sync contacts from Outlook, Gmail, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Local contacts. First of all, make sure the names match. Often, when I install a Local contact, I'll just use a first name. Often later they are added on FB and/or LinkedIn also via whatever email they use, and there is often a first AND last name and/or a Bob will go by Robert on LinkedIn and FB. This will cause duplicate contacts for the same person. So what I do is either Link all the various Contacts together, or make sure the names match so they Link together automatically. It's a PITA the first time, but it sure cleans up your Contact list.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    08-29-14 06:04 PM
    I have also had issues with the contacts app and I have posted my issues on this forum.

I have a single gmail account to which I sync my contacts, calendar and email to. I use the same account for both my work and personal emails since I am self employed.

I have been getting random duplicate contacts for the last year after several updates. What amazes me is the fact I can sync my Android, IOS and Windows devices to my same account and no duplicate issues, period.

So this tells me it's a Blackberry software issue and I really don't care if your works perfectly because for myself and allot of other tech savoy folks out there do have these issues, my suggestion to the folks up there in Waterloo is FIX IT please.
    08-29-14 07:20 PM
    Last edited by leehardballer12; 08-31-14 at 08:07 AM.
    08-29-14 07:30 PM
    I solved my contacts issue. On the Z10 I had a Outlook 365 Exchange account but would also check the sync contacts and calender thing in Link while doing the other stuff. MY PROBLEM.
    Solution: Dont Sync with Link. Let Outlook 365 do all the work. I use Office 2010 too on two computers. Everything is synced great. No duplicates or anything. I also made sure I setup and use a Bizcard contact manager correctly with outlook but thats unrelated.

I hate to admite but I have contributed to alot of BULL**** posts here about contacts in the Z10 that were really my fault. I would put a warning in link not to sync things with link if your on a outlook 365. Z30 now has flawless contacts.
    08-29-14 08:46 PM
    What helped me, yes it is a pain in the..., make all you're contacts local. Delete all other synch. Check all synch options turn it all off when everything is sorted locally turn on email synch and Facebook. You will have to do this contact by contact! After this long and painful sorting you need to be careful when you add new contacts, before you save a new contact check where it will synch etc!

My simplest way was writing down every single contact on paper. I had 348 contacts....!!! Then I deleted every single contact on my phone. And start from scratch. This took me 2 days and it resulted in a perfectly organised list of contacts!

(my apologies for my English it is not my native language)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140821_104258.png 
Views:	669 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	292100

Name:	IMG_20140821_104137.png 
Views:	672 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	292101

Name:	IMG_20140821_104104.png 
Views:	672 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	292102

Name:	IMG_20140821_104505.png 
Views:	671 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	292103

Posted via CB10
    Hallo Roy

That is a lot of work and shouldn't be necessary if BlackBerry fixed the problem. I'm struggling every day with the contact app, no changes are saved (dark theme, no twitter sync) losing information. Really sad.....

posted via my Z30
    08-30-14 05:38 PM
31 12