If BB is moving towards android apps as their consumer oriented app store we need obviously major battery optimizations and performance improvements, but how about also changing the ui for more consistency with the rest of the OS.
    Example would be to make the same swipe we use for going back in an app natively also correspond to the back button in the android player. That bottom bar really bothers me.

Also how difficult is it to make the text selection the same as bb10 the same way we have the BB keyboard popup instead of android in the android apps.

Maybe its too much work, but I think that a bit of a speed bump and the above changes and a lot of people may not even notice the app is an android port.
    KKruglov likes this.
    08-18-14 07:24 PM
    While we are at it, we should also just rewrite those apps with Cascades and make it native.

Trololololol

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:36 PM
    Having the same back gesture as the native apps will not work as many android apps use that left to right swipe for switching between different content:
    Merge native and android app visually-img_20140819_094735.png
    But sometimes the dev implements a similar way to go back (same app different type of content):
    Merge native and android app visually-img_20140819_094547.png
    As you can see the red bar says zur�ck (German for back) and will bring you back to the main page with the list of articles. In another app I use very often, you can switch between articles swiping from left to right or right to left.
    If BlackBerry would decide to implement there native way of going back in apps all that standard android functionality would be gone.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-2 / 10.2.2.1531 / Vodafone Germany
    08-19-14 02:54 AM
    Thought about it after posting and its not realistic to impose back swipe without breaking many apps. Maybe BB could ask Dev permissions and modify select big name apps thus making them feel like native. I'm sure that's a waste though with everything they could be doing.

Must be a better solution to using android apps in its current form. I dont lile the alternative to make the os /native apps work more so like android, the call screen was enough.
    I can see in a year or all new apps on bb10 being via android
    08-19-14 01:12 PM