Hi you all... My bb9900 is a few months old and for the past few days i have been noticing that the letter V was getting mistyped a lot so when i checked it yesterday the key isnt as clicky as it used to be . The rest of the keyboard is fine just one key is not as the way it was . Its not pushed in or anything still is at the same level at the rest of the keys. Plus it is super sensitive too . The slightest pressure on it types the letter V. Anyone got any ideas what to do ?

Thanks
    08-18-14 10:38 AM
    Maybe some debris got in underneath the key? You might try to use a vacuum (not air pressure, as that can drive it in even further, or as a last resort) IF that is the cause. Sounds like a physical thing to me....
    08-18-14 11:55 AM
    thanks ill try the vacuum thing .... read somewhere that moisture causes it too so right now its in a bowl full of rice and i maybe wrong but the clicky ness does feel a lil better . Thanks though
    08-18-14 12:16 PM
    Buy a keyboard on line either Amazon or Ebay. Watch the You Tube video. Easy to install
    08-19-14 06:38 AM
    Yeah i think that is what ill have to do ... tried everything else and now just have a super sensitive key that types without even being pressed all the way
    08-19-14 09:33 AM
    See Never Caulk You Keys on this forum.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ackpad-951416/

Just remember to buy the tools you need to open the 9900 up. He did the fix for $12
    08-19-14 02:13 PM
    Yeah I recently replaced the keyboard on my Bold .
    ( Thanks for the mention Mr4aces )

It is a very easy procedure !
    In fact I will order another just in case something happens !!
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 03:45 PM
    Yeah I recently replaced the keyboard on my Bold .
    ( Thanks for the mention Mr4aces )

It is a very easy procedure !
    In fact I will order another just in case something happens !!
    The first time I did it I screwed up the connection between the keypad and mother board. I couldn't find my reading glasses so I bent the contacts on the mother board. I had to but another 9900 because I was stupid. I now bought one of those jeweler's magnifying glass so I can see. I experimented with the old 9900 and replace the SIM card slot. Everything seems pretty easy to replace once you get the hang of it. Oh don't over tighten the tiny screws they strip easily.
    08-20-14 06:39 PM
    The first time I did it I screwed up the connection between the keypad and mother board. I couldn't find my reading glasses so I bent the contacts on the mother board. I had to but another 9900 because I was stupid. I now bought one of those jeweler's magnifying glass so I can see. I experimented with the old 9900 and replace the SIM card slot. Everything seems pretty easy to replace once you get the hang of it. Oh don't over tighten the tiny screws they strip easily.
    +1 for magnifying glass. Arms just get shorter as decades progress...
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 08:50 PM
    +1 for magnifying glass. Arms just get shorter as decades progress...
    Along with patience !

At one time "fixed" my Storm2 by tossing across the room !
    (The battery & cover went flying - but it still functions.)
    Mr4aces likes this.
    08-20-14 09:03 PM