Prior to my Z10, I was an android user. I had the original HTC Incredible and then it's predecessor the incredible 2. As a device they were ok, but after using them for a while they were incredibly (no pun intended) herky jerky - by that I mean they would scroll very slowly. It was a very rough experience. Scrolling would give me a headache with all the "blinky" movements. Z10 is smooth as butter and it has been since the day I got it.

So are the newer androids still plagued with this type of problems?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 02:58 PM
    Prior to my Z10, I was an android user. I had the original HTC Incredible and then it's predecessor the incredible 2. As a device they were ok, but after using them for a while they were incredibly (no pun intended) herky jerky - by that I mean they would scroll very slowly. It was a very rough experience. Scrolling would give me a headache with all the "blinky" movements. Z10 is smooth as butter and it has been since the day I got it.

So are the newer androids still plagued with this type of problems?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    All platforms get better when a newer version comes out.
    08-17-14 03:22 PM
    Having just switched from android I can say its much better than it was. But every recent android device I have owned had some degree of lag. The lg g2 and note 3 were my last and both were very nice phones and both had some degree of lag and stuttering. Upgrading to kit kat actually made it worse on my lg g2. Running android is like having one size shoe for everyone. Too many different devices with too many different specs trying to run the same software will give you a different experience on each device so its hit and miss. You never know. The third party launchers are much better than samsungs touch wiz. You have to root your phone to get the best experience because of the bloat included by the carriers. The advantage of bb is its custom made for the hardware so you get better performance. Thats where Apple has the advantage over android. Just my opinion. Nothing I have used so far compares to my z10. Oh and one of the most impressive things to me is browser speed on bb10. Simply amazing.
    08-17-14 03:37 PM
    The Passport will be something special to see how BB10 handles the snapdragon 800 quad-core vs android devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    08-17-14 03:39 PM
    Having just switched from android I can say its much better than it was. But every recent android device I have owned had some degree of lag. The lg g2 and note 3 were my last and both were very nice phones and both had some degree of lag and stuttering. Upgrading to kit kat actually made it worse on my lg g2. Running android is like having one size shoe for everyone. Too many different devices with too many different specs trying to run the same software will give you a different experience on each device so its hit and miss. You never know. The third party launchers are much better than samsungs touch wiz. You have to root your phone to get the best experience because of the bloat included by the carriers. The advantage of bb is its custom made for the hardware so you get better performance. Thats where Apple has the advantage over android. Just my opinion. Nothing I have used so far compares to my z10. Oh and one of the most impressive things to me is browser speed on bb10. Simply amazing.
    Good points. What matters most to me isn't apps, but rather mobile Web browsing.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 06:25 PM
    The Passport will be something special to see how BB10 handles the snapdragon 800 quad-core vs android devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Yup. I'm interested in seeing that play out. I look for it to be a nice experience. Android is just too stuttering for me, and I've just had no interest in Apple's cartoonish display. I like the smoothness and flow of BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 06:28 PM
    I in the past week bought a nexus 7 second gen.

It is on 4.4, and seems pretty great so far, battery life could probably be a little better, but all in all its pretty smooth.

I had forgotten about the flash player woes of android, that's the one annoyance I've found thus far.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 06:50 PM
    I still have a LG G3 and it's an awesome device. As far as comparing it to blackberry they are completely two different animals which can't be compared. Blackberry is nowhere near advanced as android is but blackberry is far superior as far as communication goes.

Android is faster than blackberry in some aspects but email and communication is better on a blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 06:51 PM
    I'm curious about this too. I used a SGSIII earlier this year for about two weeks, it stutters a bit from time to time.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    08-17-14 06:57 PM
    No performance issues on the non-stock M8

Android is faster than blackberry in some aspects but email and communication is better on a blackberry.
    Depends on how one communicates.
    kbill1984 likes this.
    08-17-14 07:34 PM
    I've owned pretty much every Android phone as well as a Z10 and Q10. I'm currently using an LG G3 and although it's a great phone, no Android phone I've ever used has come close to the smoothness of a BB10 phone. I wouldn't say I have lag, but transitions are not even close to smooth. This has been the case for every Android phone that I've owned. For example, if I'm in an app and hit the home button, it doesn't come close to the smoothness I experience in going to the home screen on BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    nick13b likes this.
    08-17-14 07:39 PM
    I'm curious about this too. I used a SGSIII earlier this year for about two weeks, it stutters a bit from time to time.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    Probably TouchWiz. I'm not a fan LOL.
    08-17-14 07:41 PM
    got me a oneplus one device, its quite nice but lacks many features i need to use. overall its gotten a lot better since the last time i used it as a daily driver.

also makes a difference that im using cyanogen on the device as thats what it comes with out of the box wayyyyyyy better than skins of oem versions and its like nexus grade on steroids also 0 lag.
    08-17-14 07:43 PM
    Samsung is a hardware company. Their software sucks. Xiaomi started as a software company and the level of hardware-software optimisation in their recent products is great, and unexpected given their price point. Sony and HTC do a good job too, and I haven't noticed any lag on the moto g either.
    08-17-14 07:48 PM
    I'm currently using a nexus 5 since my last Z10 died on me. I like it but it does lag from time to time. I'd say overall its a smooth device though. I'm happy with it.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-17-14 07:56 PM
    GPAD 8.3 rooted and running cm11 - linaro build... custom kernel...

Thing is pretty smooth - settings always has a lil lag on Andy...

Custom is the way to go...

Z10STL100-2/10.2.2.1531
    08-17-14 07:56 PM
    I in the past week bought a nexus 7 second gen.

It is on 4.4, and seems pretty great so far, battery life could probably be a little better, but all in all its pretty smooth.

I had forgotten about the flash player woes of android, that's the one annoyance I've found thus far.

Posted via CB10
    I have two friends with the Nexus 7. Experiencing problems now. Hope yours does better. I too am reading and keeping an eye out in regards to the Android experience. Planning on getting an Android tablet end of the year. Phone will remain BlackBerry.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-17-14 08:07 PM
    The Z10 was my daily drive until I picked up the Nexus 5. The Nexus 5 is smoother, faster and has much better battery life (after you tone down the google settings.) I did just load 10.2.1.3253 onto the Z10 at it's damn smooth--pretty close to the N5 in my opinion. What I like most about BB10 is that it's better organized and seems more compact. Android is all over the place with settings for email, SMS, photos, backups, google, Google now, g+, photos..... Bottom line, I love the Hub, but Google Now is pretty darn handy.
    08-17-14 11:01 PM
    I have the HTC One M7 Google Play edition running Kit Kat 4.4.4 and it's definitely smoother than my Z10.
    08-18-14 12:41 AM
    It depends on the things you do, I have M7, note 3, and the latest zenfone 5 with Intel chip inside. They're both good.

I am spoiled with the hub, and LED notifications of bb10. In the process of obtaining a Z30 this week. On top of my Q10 and Z10.

All I can say, I will not buy another android, have decided to go the iPad and Classic way in 2015.

Again, it's personal choice, not that one platform is better than the other!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-18-14 12:48 AM
    How many android users can say that their device is running smooth as the first day they got it? After owning it at least 6months to a year.

Android tends to slow down once you own the device for a while. I can see with my brother's S4 and my friends' S3. Can't really speak for nexus and HTC. Have not play with them long enough.

My z10 is still running like the first day I got it. Even when I have like a gazillion emails and a little more apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 01:34 AM
    I've had my HTC One GPe for a year. It's just as smooth. If I recall, with 4.4 Google added a feature to clear out really old app data that would slow down the phone. Something along those lines.
    08-18-14 05:37 PM
    How many android users can say that their device is running smooth as the first day they got it? After owning it at least 6months to a year.

Android tends to slow down once you own the device for a while. I can see with my brother's S4 and my friends' S3. Can't really speak for nexus and HTC. Have not play with them long enough.

My z10 is still running like the first day I got it. Even when I have like a gazillion emails and a little more apps.

Posted via CB10
    This. This is the exact experience I've had with android and BlackBerry. Androids are strong and smooth out of the gate but after a few months of use they're bloated and slow. My BlackBerry keeps rolling without missing a beat, even after almost two years of use, and many many apps installed. It's smooth as butter. This alone will make me stick with BlackBerry. Unless Android is better now. My son has a Samsung tablet and it's laggy as hell too though. I'd assume their phones are the same.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:02 PM
    I've had my HTC One GPe for a year. It's just as smooth. If I recall, with 4.4 Google added a feature to clear out really old app data that would slow down the phone. Something along those lines.
    Yes. I have mine do it automatically.
    08-18-14 07:20 PM
    My Nexus 5 is still as buttery smooth as the day I got it shortly after launch. I'm guessing it's due to a combination of being on the latest version of Android and the lack of OEM skins or bloatware.
    08-18-14 10:29 PM
41 12