Hi, here is something I've discovered theses days, my battery life has spectacularly increased just because I let my berry finish its juice! Like I only charge it while it is under 3%. I know that our battery doesn't have a memory. But for my experience do it within one week you will be surprised ! !

Posted from my flawless BlackBerry Z30
    08-17-14 11:48 AM
    IMO, that is not a very good idea.
    Draining the battery like that kills it on the long run.
    As much as it is advisable to, once in a while, drain the battery like that, it is wise to try to avoid doing it frequently.
    We don't have anything to proof by draining it. If your battery is around 50% or 40% and you have the chance to charge it, please do. Leave it to drain below 10% only when you are not able to charge it. You can even switch if off when you get to about 15%.
    08-17-14 12:01 PM
    I charge mine when it hits below 20%. I try not to get down below 10%

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 03:10 AM
    IMO, that is not a very good idea.
    Draining the battery like that kills it on the long run.
    As much as it is advisable to, once in a while, drain the battery like that, it is wise to try to avoid doing it frequently.
    We don't have anything to proof by draining it. If your battery is around 50% or 40% and you have the chance to charge it, please do. Leave it to drain below 10% only when you are not able to charge it. You can even switch if off when you get to about 15%.
    Rubbish

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:13 AM
    Rubbish

Posted via CB10
    Can you explain why the post is rubbish?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:22 AM
    http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/a...ased_batteries

Have a read fellas

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    shorski likes this.
    08-18-14 04:26 AM
    Not recommended. It can get affected and could raise the possibility of explosion even

Join my photography channel
    08-18-14 04:27 AM
    Can you explain why the post is rubbish?

Posted via CB10
    Well for a start running it down to 3% does not count as fully discharging it. It makes no difference whether the battery is drained to 50% of 1% before charging, a li-ion battery only counts a charging cycle when a 100% charge has been performed.

Both the OP's suggestion and his response are wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 04:29 AM
    How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

Have a read fellas

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanks. That's a good read
    08-18-14 04:53 AM
    Heat is a killer
    08-18-14 09:47 AM
    It makes no difference whether the battery is drained to 50% of 1% before charging, a li-ion battery only counts a charging cycle when a 100% charge has been performed.
    From the article: "Similar to a mechanical device that wears out faster with heavy use, so also does the depth of discharge (DoD) determine the cycle count. The shorter the discharge (low DoD), the longer the battery will last. If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses."

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    shorski and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-18-14 10:38 AM
    I would not recommend that.
    Li-Ion don't like full loading intervals.

If you want to get out the longest life of your battery over years - you should load your battery at 30% until it reaches about 70% then unplug it.

Sure, this won't be working in "real life", because everyone wants a fully charged phone - but the longer you keep it on the charger, the fast the battery will "die".

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 02:09 PM
    I can easily take out my battery when it can't hold a charge on my Q10, so it does not bother me.

If you have a Z30 with a non removable battery, you are screwed when the battery cannot hold a charge, and you are out of the warranty. Lol

And all lithium batteries deteriorate over time, even if you do not use the phone at all.

For the original OP's post, you need to charge your phone whenever possible. Leaving it to charge at 3% is extra harmful to your battery.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    08-18-14 03:58 PM
    I don't keep my phones long enough to see issues. Always upgrading to the next BlackBerry.

The passport is next for me.

Yes it's a BlackBerry. If you have something bad to say... speak to Easton!
    08-18-14 11:15 PM