So, has it been confirmed or is it still just speculation that the Passport will NOT be coming to Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 07:48 PM
    I'd be surprised if it didn't. Verizon is typically all things for all people.

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    08-15-14 07:57 PM
    So, has it been confirmed or is it still just speculation that the Passport will NOT be coming to Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    Nothing "official" has been said, one way or another. I spoke to a Verizon store rep who told me that Verizon was absolutely NOT going to carry or sell the Passport. But reps have been wrong in the past - a lot.
    08-15-14 09:22 PM
    There's a model for the Verizon variant.

Ask the mighty Thurask.
    08-15-14 10:56 PM
    I hope so!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:44 AM
    The path of least resistance for me is if Sprint carries it, as it will make the wife happy (she's loyal to Sprint, but for reasons I cannot fathom). Personally I have zero confidence in Sprint, but I think even less of AT&T.
    08-16-14 10:43 AM
    Us Verizon people keep a look out for the SQW100-2 model that is the one we need to see production leaks of.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 10:17 AM
    I wouldn't be surprised if that did carry the passport, that said, I would be COMPLETELY surprised if they carried it before 2015

Posted on my Z30
    08-19-14 11:07 AM
    There's a model for the Verizon variant.

Ask the mighty Thurask.
    Where?
    08-19-14 12:30 PM
    Nothing definitive yet, but from the information that's out there as of right now, it's not looking too good for us Verizon folk.
    08-19-14 12:59 PM
    Nothing "official" has been said, one way or another. I spoke to a Verizon store rep who told me that Verizon was absolutely NOT going to carry or sell the Passport. But reps have been wrong in the past - a lot.
    I guarantee he/she didn't know what they were talking about. They were also probably carrying an iphone and waiting for the new release of the iwatch.

I would be very surprised if VZW didn't carry the passport upon release.

Posted via Q10
    08-19-14 01:38 PM
    NEVER trust the unsupported voice of a store rep. They get very little and short notice about releases because Big Red knows they can't keep quite. I know because I used to be one.
    It's no more reliable than getting stock trading advice from fortune 500 janitor.

Crack-a-lackin' since '08
    08-19-14 01:49 PM
    I'm praying really really hard that the rep with whom I spoke was either clueless, misinformed, or simply misspoke. Perhaps he meant they would not have Passports on display. Verizon has NO BlackBerry devices on display in their stores. The fact that no model with Verizon's bands has gone to the FCC yet is troubling, especially this close to launch. But then I'm looking at the specs on GSMArena and I also notice they list the Passport as coming with BB10.1. Hopefully these are all just mistakes and coincidences.
    08-19-14 01:59 PM
    CDMA should just die. Make everything GSM and worldy. We better have a working Passport for Att bands too!
    08-19-14 02:43 PM
    I'm praying really really hard that the rep with whom I spoke was either clueless, misinformed, or simply misspoke. Perhaps he meant they would not have Passports on display. Verizon has NO BlackBerry devices on display in their stores. The fact that no model with Verizon's bands has gone to the FCC yet is troubling, especially this close to launch. But then I'm looking at the specs on GSMArena and I also notice they list the Passport as coming with BB10.1. Hopefully these are all just mistakes and coincidences.
    Mine has a display for the Q10 and Z30 right next to the Galaxy Note 3.
    08-19-14 02:46 PM
    Well I'm feeling a little better right now, I reached out to an old friend who works in national marketing with Big Red and all he told me was "you're going to love the Passport". I asked him does that mean Verizon is for sure carrying it and he replied, I've said all I can. So I'm feeling better, but still apprehensive.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 03:53 PM
    Doesn't take a heck of A lot for Verizon to carry the Passport. They have all the tech support set for BlackBerry 10. If big red doesn't cary the Passport I guess I'm stuck with my z30. I'll take it.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    08-19-14 05:25 PM
    Of all the major North American carriers, Verizon has the strongest history with BlackBerry. It's almost unthinkable that Verizon would not carry it, but these days the "unthinkable" has become the norm. I'm getting quietly encouraged though.
    08-20-14 06:56 AM
    I haven't been to my area corporate store lately but they always have had a Z10, Q10 and Z30 on display. None in the back to sell but they have had working displays.
    08-20-14 01:02 PM
    I haven't been to my area corporate store lately but they always have had a Z10, Q10 and Z30 on display. None in the back to sell but they have had working displays.
    Just the opposite here. No BlackBerrys on display at all, but they can get you one in a day or so if you want to order it. They're all in a local warehouse someplace.
    08-20-14 02:47 PM
    Just the opposite here. No BlackBerrys on display at all, but they can get you one in a day or so if you want to order it. They're all in a local warehouse someplace.
    Up here in Maine they thought I was crazy asking for z30 and told me that it can't run Android apps. I ordered online. Don't even know the facts about the phone but can run the mouth about things they know nothing about but should.

It's a BlackBerry Z30 on Big Red
    08-21-14 05:51 AM
    Any new news?

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 02:07 PM
    I have a Verizon Q10 (5th BlackBerry VzW device) and they are good indeed but NO store I've called in Los Angeles the last few months has ANY BlackBerry devices anymore

All online...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 03:38 AM
    I'd be surprised if it didn't. Verizon is typically all things for all people.

Posted via CB10
    True...very true. I wish Sprint was the same.
    08-30-14 12:32 PM
    I was just told Verizon WILL be carrying the Passport. So fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    SaiaRose likes this.
    08-30-14 04:44 PM
29 12