First of - I'm not a reviewer. My English is rubbish and spelling is OK at best, but like allot of people, I�m just a normal human being... with a storm.

In fact this is my very first Blackberry. I've recently started my online business, and a blackberry was a must. I was very nearly going to get a Bold, but the bloke at Vodafone advised me to wait for the storm. He told me about the click screen, and all the other features and I was sold. I pre ordered there and then.

So the 14th of November comes, and I feel like a little boy waiting for Christmas morning (but instead a 20 year old man, waiting for the postman!) I wasn't even sure it was coming, since I never received the "you order has been dispatched E-mail. But sure enough, postman came, with my shiny new phone!

I went straight for the phone, turned it on and then, the wait beginnings. I think it was 30 minutes for the start up to proceed. Surely, this isn't how it will be every time it starts up. Well I can confirm.. No! Just the initial start up. The setup was simple, E-mail was not easy, but that was an issue with Vodafone, not the phone.

So where to start, let�s start with the main feature of the storm.. the touch screen. As first I was REALLY disappointed with the touch screen, it seemed slow. BUT, now a day playing with the touch screen after 24hours (straight, I just can't put it down, so no sleep for me!) it's sped up! Seriously, I might even video it, just to prove how fast it's become. People on the forum complaining how slow it was, haven't given it enough time!
    Typing is really satisfying! I can use thumbs, and can type e-mails with ease. The strange predictive text thingy, (not sure what it�s called), was at first annoying, but now I've fallen in love with the feature!

As you know, turning the screen sideways makes the screen turn into landscape. This is slow, I mean 2-3 seconds, but you soon get used to it. It don't even notice it now!

Making a phone call is simple, and the clarity of people is amazing. The loud speaker is incredible, that speaker really is great!

I love the calendar, which I'm sure is the same on other blackberry (but this is my first, so bare with me), my job involves having to look at the calendar quick to view appointments, and the simple day calendar points out (via blocks) what you have on and what times are available.

The browser is simple to use, better than any other phone I have used.

The media player rivals that of the iPhone's, yes the Storm is not aimed at a market of music players, but I don�t see why they don't try! For the reason that the simplicity of it is incredible (I�ve used that word a couple of times now!), the quality (through earphones) is brilliant, and the loudspeaker is really clear & can go quite load! How can such a small speaker pack such a punch!

So, I've seen a couple of reviews on here, which are not so good, most say it's brilliant, some say it's bad. I see some of you yanks getting worried because of these few bad reviews. Well IMHO, these people haven't given the Storm enough time, some are just haters (maybe iPhone lovers), and some sounds like they've got a defective storm.

My opinion of this little device is just.... WOW. Seriously - when you lot over the pond receive it, you'll be blown away with it.

I could go on & on about this magnificent phone, but instead I�ll leave it there! If you want any questions answered, photos or even videos of anything, please just ask!

Update

Video - Blackberry rotation Time as requested

Update

Photos From Camera -

Ordinary Photo (with stabilizer on):
    Last edited by Dnallov; 11-15-08 at 02:31 PM.
    11-15-08 11:32 AM
    I would love to see a vid on youtube or whatever about the lag time on the rotation. Some pics taken with the cam on the phone.

Great review, thanks!
    11-15-08 11:36 AM
    I would love to see a vid on youtube or whatever about the lag time on the rotation. Some pics taken with the cam on the phone.

Great review, thanks!
    Sure - Will Do so now!
    11-15-08 11:37 AM
    thanks for the review!
    11-15-08 11:37 AM
    Very nice review... thank you!!

One thing I am curious about... can you delete any of the pre-loaded apps that you don't want?

Thanks again!
    11-15-08 11:42 AM
    You sure can delete preloaded applications, just select the icon, press menu and select delete.
    Very nice review... thank you!!

One thing I am curious about... can you delete any of the pre-loaded apps that you don't want?

Thanks again!
    11-15-08 11:46 AM
    Thanks!!!!
    11-15-08 11:48 AM
    great to hear
    11-15-08 11:48 AM
    Wow, what a great review.. Glad to hear your enjoying it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 11:58 AM
    hey, thanks for a great review and for giving it time to get going! thank you!!
    11-15-08 12:01 PM
    I read the title wrong.

I thought you were going to start saying you hate it and don't ever use one.

A video on youtube would be great though, and nice review.
    11-15-08 12:02 PM
    How is the battery life? Have you made any calls? If so, how is the voice quality? thanks!
    11-15-08 12:04 PM
    Can't wait to get mine! Thanks a lot.
    11-15-08 12:07 PM
    Ok here is the video of the rotation. Unfortunately my video camera has decided to run out of battery power, so i�ve used my old mobile phone!

As you will see the initial rotation after being idle takes a couple of seconds. After that it�s quite responsive. In fact it seems pretty fast!

www. youtube .com / watch?v=gsFX1AYWOaE

I'm not aloud to post links till I make 10 posts! Just remove the spaces

Again sorry for the quality!
    11-15-08 12:07 PM
    Bravo... Bravo... Nice review.
    I believe in time with software upgrades the problems that you are noticing will be fixed. I believe in some other reviews that there might already be some OS upgrades you could put in to make an improvement. This is like getting a new model year car. Usually they have the most problems and the car makers slowly improve and make the consumers happy.
    11-15-08 12:08 PM
    How is the battery life? Have you made any calls? If so, how is the voice quality? thanks!
    Have mad LOADS of calls! The voice quality is incredible, crystal clear! And other have told me, when phoning them that I�m also crystal clear!

Battery Life is OK. I used the phone from 10am O�clock yesterday, and when I got home at 7pm it was near flat. BUT I was using it nonstop !
    11-15-08 12:11 PM

There you go, and rotation seems not as bad as people as saying. =)
    11-15-08 12:13 PM
    He already mentioned the phone calls.

Making a phone call is simple, and the clarity of people is amazing. The loud speaker is incredible, that speaker really is great!
    Whoops he beat me.
    Last edited by CADD_MAN; 11-15-08 at 12:15 PM. Reason: I'm slow sooooo...
    11-15-08 12:14 PM
    Nice review man, thanks!

Out of the video I make it that turning from landscape to portrait IS slow.. from portrait to landscape is actually quite fast... Could this be because of the fact it has to load the wallpaper?
    Other than that, it is not that slow that it would bother me, but that is just me
    11-15-08 12:16 PM
    Even if the rotation stayed like that I think I could live with it.
    11-15-08 12:17 PM
    From the video the rotation doesnt seem that bad...it seems to only have minor lag when rotating from landscape to portriat but the portriat to landscape is really quick...and imo imma be using it in landscape more than anything to type. thx for the video!
    11-15-08 12:20 PM
    ^yeah, the rotation isn't near as bad as i expected based on others' reviews
    11-15-08 12:20 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I'm loosing my freaking mind with thw waiting...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 12:21 PM
    You must understand if the sensitivity is too high, it'll be very annoying when you tilt the device unintentionally. A little delay is actually fine.
    Nice review man, thanks!

Out of the video I make it that turning from landscape to portrait IS slow.. from portrait to landscape is actually quite fast... Could this be because of the fact it has to load the wallpaper?
    Other than that, it is not that slow that it would bother me, but that is just me
    11-15-08 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the video, I read in another thread that Vodaphone has included some news application that one person said seemed to be really slowing the phone down and once he removed it it made it very fast. The App was Vodaphone live!
    Last edited by pete1118; 11-15-08 at 12:27 PM.
    11-15-08 12:23 PM
106 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD