Verizon here in California has NO BlackBerry devices at any store anymore. Will these be the case for passports?

They can't compete with the Note if people can't see them....

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 08:42 PM
    Hmm... well the note 3 is a small tablet so who cares? When is the last time you seen someone doing real work on a Phablet? I dont see grownup people using giant phablets pressed to their ears anywhere do you? If people want a real communicator they should be smart enough to find a Blackberry. If not then maybe the support calls or the return isnt worth that kind of customer?
    08-14-14 09:13 PM
    Hmm... well the note 3 is a small tablet so who cares? When is the last time you seen someone doing real work on a Phablet? I dont see grownup people using giant phablets pressed to their ears anywhere do you? If people want a real communicator they should be smart enough to find a Blackberry. If not then maybe the support calls or the return isnt worth that kind of customer?
    Currently a Note 3 is one of the devices that i would like to try out to see if the multitasking split screen works as well as I hope it does. And if you don't like pressing a giant phone to your head, headsets are an option. When I was using my 9900 I used to wish I could use my ipad as a phone so I could carry 1 device (have not wished this since getting my Z10/Z30 as I really like being able to drag and drop whatever I am working on to the device). And BlackBerry shouldn't make people work so hard to part with their money. We're supposed to be busy professionals who don't have time to wait on a company that can't decide if it wants us as a customer! **Purposely being a devil's advocate...but a device is very personal. Hopefully we're all able to find the best fit!

And I really hope the Passport gets great marketing and support so BlackBerry gets an opportunity to reintroduce itself to the broader marketplace!

white Z30 STA100-5
    08-16-14 03:35 PM
    If people want a real communicator they should be smart enough to find a Blackberry.
    Well that's the problem. Very few people trust purchasing a device that is not supported by their carrier. Even though a carrier offers no more protection of the device, its the perception that drives sales.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-16-14 05:13 PM
    Over 95% of the smartphones sold in North America are sold at subsidized prices through a carrier. No carrier support = instant failure.

No Verizon stores in NJ are carrying BlackBerry models in their stories. They'll order one for you, but they don't have any in inventory or on display.
    08-16-14 05:41 PM
    No Verizon stores in Florida that I have seen either.

Posted on my Z30
    08-19-14 11:16 AM
    They better be aggressive as much as possible. Not only for the Passport but for the Classic and upcoming Z20. The Z20 should be put directly against the newest iPhone. The Z10 already dominates the iPhone in hardware quality and of course OS.
    08-19-14 11:34 AM
    You'll start seeing supply when BlackBerry Passport demand is significant. Otherwise no carrier is willing to keep the over head within their retail stores.

Look! It's Zedzilla10! ?
    08-19-14 01:10 PM
    I too hope they get aggressive with product being inside of all retailers that are selling the service. I worked at an authorized retail store for at&t from the 8310 to the 9900 and it was crucial for us to have units on demo or "the live bar" to show customers.

Not only did we take care of customers that wanted to see the BlackBerry we had to sell against the newly released iphone at the time because as a retailer we couldn't carry it. Without live models to show potential iphone customers we would have never been able to flip them to a BlackBerry.

My fingers are crossed stores have them on display. I do believe that Chen has also thought about this and is taking action to make sure stores have them as dummy phones and live models.

Posted via Q10
    08-19-14 01:37 PM
    I don't think this depends on how aggressive Blackberry will be. We already know that they are targeting these devices at enterprise so we know they won't be pushing that hard with consumer outlets. Unless the carriers really want to stock the device then we probably won't see them on the shelves.
    08-19-14 02:18 PM
    Sadly you are right
    Chen has made it clear that he doesn't care about the average consumers.

Posted on my Z30
    08-19-14 02:48 PM
    No Verizon stores in NJ are carrying BlackBerry models in their stories.
    I played around with a Q10 in the Flemington, NJ Verizon store the other day.

Just sayin'
    08-19-14 02:53 PM
    Telus is in

"Most Canadian carriers will probably release the BlackBerry Passport, but we can now confirm that TELUS will be on the list. According to our sources, the Passport is scheduled for an “early September” availability. No indication of price points."
    08-19-14 03:30 PM
    They better be aggressive as much as possible. Not only for the Passport but for the Classic and upcoming Z20. The Z20 should be put directly against the newest iPhone. The Z10 already dominates the iPhone in hardware quality and of course OS.
    I agree with you but sadly hardware is less important that having top tier apps and until BlackBerry can solve this problem it's sales will always lag in the consumer market I'm afraid.

Z30 and loving it!
    08-19-14 05:17 PM