Hello,

I installed a second BDS for HA.
    BES 10.2.1 high availability - Console questions-unbenannt.png

During setup there was no point about the consoles. After installation finished the second server has the same addresses for admin console and management studio like the first. Also in the BB configuration tool at BB administration service pool / management studio and in regkey BASDNSRoundRobinHostName its the primary server written.
    If it would failover - does the consoles run correctly?

Regards
    08-13-14 07:58 AM
    Unfortunately the administration consoles do not support automatic failover (see here). You can install multiple instances of them, however you must manually switch to the new Administration Console (I believe Management Studio instances can run concurrently).

For this reason, you may want to host the consoles on a separate server - making them less likely to be affected by issues with the core components.
    Doreen Hacker likes this.
    08-17-14 08:49 AM
    This was also my understanding from console settings. I am wondering because the second server assumes the addresses from the first server - so I think there are noch consoles for the second server. Maybe its a good idea to install these on a seperate server.
    08-18-14 02:07 AM
    This was also my understanding from console settings. I am wondering because the second server assumes the addresses from the first server - so I think there are noch consoles for the second server. Maybe its a good idea to install these on a seperate server.
    If you look at BlackBerry's diagram depicting BES10 HA, you can see they only display one console server, and two core components servers (and one DB server). So I agree, the second server likely does not have consoles.
    08-18-14 07:37 AM
    If you look at BlackBerry's diagram depicting BES10 HA, you can see they only display one console server, and two core components servers (and one DB server). So I agree, the second server likely does not have consoles.
    If you are running 500+ devices they recommend putting the admin consoles on another machine that is not running any other BlackBerry services.
    You can set up 2 server in a Ha pair, both with consoles on and use a DNS round robin to another dns name (pool name) so you goto whichever server is resolved by dns. It's in the setup guide.

Posted via CB10
    Doreen Hacker likes this.
    08-18-14 04:58 PM
    Yes, that is what I want to do. Thanks.
    08-19-14 09:30 AM