Post your comments below on why you maybe decided to come back to having a Blackberry and why you have chose to have that model
    08-13-14 07:00 AM
    It's sexy

Sent from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    08-13-14 07:22 AM
    I did not choose. I got z10 as a gift.. my uncle did not like it because of app gap. So he gave it to me..
    08-13-14 07:25 AM
    I've been with BlackBerry for years. I was debating jumping ship before BB10 arrived, so for me that was the difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:50 AM
    I am currently using a Bold 9930 (Verizon) as my go-to smartphone because I wanted a communication powerhouse with minimal distractions. I use it primarily for phone calls, email, IM, and texting. I don't use it for social media (except BBM channels and CB forums), games, or much else.

I use an iPod Touch to supplement when I need a certain app or when distraction/entertainment is appropriate.

Sent from my iPod Touch (3rd gen) using Tapatalk
    08-13-14 08:06 AM
    - First smartphone ever
    - Gave me my first smartphone experience
    - Wanted an excellent communication device to keep in touch with my friends
    - Something light, and comfortable
    - Helped me a better writer
    08-13-14 08:49 AM
    My wife won a curve in Jan 2011 & we were so impressed with it that when it came time for me to get a smartphone, BB was the obvious choice. My 9870 served me well until Jan when my wife bought me a used 9900 (We tried the q 10 when it came out & hated it due to bb10). I wasn't really impressed with the 9900 compared to the 9870 so I took the plunge & bought a used z10 to try out. I have to admit, I am impressed with the z10 & wish I could afford a z30.
    I can't stand the keyboard on the Apple products as I have sausage fingers & their whole cult following make me nervous. The Apple dollar to performance ratio is also skewed in the wrong direction for my liking. Android devices have some impressive specs but generally poor build quality & gimmicky software that reports just about everything you do to big brother (Google).
    Taking all of the above into account, it will be BB for me till either I die or BB does. If they go first, my 9870 still works!
    08-13-14 09:40 AM
    Basically the only reason why I came back to BB10 I'd because if the way they have designed it. It's simply amazing. The whole gesture and the lock screen. Also the social media and email cant get better than a blackberry. I'm a student and though I have a lot to do with emails and other business related things, this phone won me over. I am super gadget freak and seeing me use the bb10 with such joy has highly encouraged many people around me to buy a Z10 for themselves after the price slash. . I love blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 09:55 AM
    Funny story. I walked into my first day as the health and safety supervisor for a warehouse. Was brought over to my office, and the HR guy said this. 'Here is your desk, *takes out a box* This is a BlackBerry. This is how you'll stay in touch with your team, send and receive emails, communicate in general. *Puts the box down*

I spent about 3-4 hours just trying to get used to this monster, it was 2008 and a Bold 9000. I liked it so much, that I went out at lunch to a mall, hit up the Rogers kiosk and bought the 9000 of contract right there! Haven't looked back since.
    08-13-14 10:11 AM
    I'm new to BlackBerry. Based on my own beliefs, I didn't feel that I had much choice. My reasoning was as follows:

Android: Nice technology but you have to buy into the Google borg. Google is very invasive and pervasive on the Internet already, I don't want to be handing them every crumb of my personal information on a silver serving plate (I mean, do they really believe collecting people's wifi keys and storing them in the cloud is a good idea? No thanks.) . I like the openness of android, but now that Google have got the strangle hold on the market they are closing it more and more and using it as a beating stick against other vendors. Also, because android is used by many vendors, the user experience varies massively. Samsung with their non-standard touch wiz, and each of their phones being significantly different in features/operation than the others, for no good reason in many cases.

Windows Phone: MS have had enough of my cash in the past and are too anti-competetive as a company for my tastes. I don't trust them either.

IPhone : I've never actually used one but am in no doubt that it is good technology and is carefully designed for their target market. Unfortunately their target market is the 'cool crew' which I don't identify with. Thus their advertising doesn't turn me on at all, quite the opposite.

BlackBerry : The only mainstream option remaining. Would never have considered them before because of the keyboard. Now with touchscreen only, os 10, QNX, and their focus on security, i've been won over.

I just hope BlackBerry maintains it's independence and continues to put out quality handsets.
    Traxxmy likes this.
    08-13-14 10:24 AM
    I am using BlackBerry since many years. I need a strong reason to switch to any other device. BlackBerry performance still remains unparalleled. BlackBerry now under Chen has pedal to the metal and balls to the walls.

From my Z30 Device using 10.3.0.296.
    08-13-14 10:59 AM
    The keyboard and because it was cool at the time to have a BlackBerry. I still think it is cool but there are a few other people out there who would prly disagree with that
    08-13-14 11:16 AM
    Because lack of alternative and gonna make decision. Android is a mess, ios is restrictive, sailfish and ubuntu and tizen is unfinish so BlackBerry is most logical choice of all. Window phone 8 is my biggest enemy.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    08-13-14 11:23 AM
    Cause, when I'm inside BlackBerry's walled garden I know they have my best interests in mind and I can still see the sky. Essentially, BB fits my needs, meets my expectations, and operates the way I believe a mobile OS should.
    08-13-14 01:09 PM
    Have never used iPhone or Android. Got 9800 after Samsung Omnia i900. Did not like it but stuck on 2 year contract. Will not leave BlackBerry. Superb product. Using Z10, upgrading at year end to Z30 or Passport. The hub is nothing short of brilliant.

Posted via zedten
    08-13-14 01:17 PM