I know we might be beating a dead horse here but can we please have blackberry balance in our BlackBerry without having to be connected to a BES server? Please? I mean for independent professionals like doctors, lawyers, architects, etc... or me. how can we have this feature without BES?

Powered by Blackberry
    08-12-14 03:37 PM
    Blackberry at least can have some versions of its phone, or available to be installed!

Powered by Blackberry
    08-12-14 03:38 PM
    I believe the answer you'll ultimately find is no. BlackBerry Enterprise Service is the final frontier. Sign up today!
    08-12-14 04:51 PM
    BlackBerry is being very foolish not to have a consumer type "Balance ". It's rumored that Samsung is coming out with that feature soon. Kinda reminds of BlackBerry's stupidity with BBM. I guess they haven't learned their lessons from "you snooze you lose ".

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:56 PM
    I wish, I'd love my BlackBerry 10x more.
    08-12-14 06:00 PM
    Same here.. what's with all these features being BES only when they should be stock features

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 06:17 PM
    Look into BES Cloud. It's a web based BES interface and free till March next year.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 12:07 AM
    A lot of people use their private phone for work and their company dont have BES . Why not sell it in BBW. More revenue. Just saying.
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-13-14 02:25 AM
    They could offer BIS again for those who really want it and include Balance in there.
    08-13-14 02:37 AM
    This has been requested on the official "request site: https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    If you feel strongly about it, add you voice! I did.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-13-14 06:28 AM
    I run my own business, I honestly don't see where the advantage to me in having Balance is unless I want to go down the route of BES generally.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 06:38 AM
    Would be great to have BlackBerry Balance available to all. Just to keep work and personal separate.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:41 PM
    Would be great to have BlackBerry Balance available to all. Just to keep work and personal separate.

Posted via CB10
    Agree, even if it's not technically a work phone it would still be nice to have it so if somebody else is using your phone whether it a colleague or a kid, then stuff can be kept more private

Posted via CB10
    nyplaya610 likes this.
    08-13-14 05:48 PM
    Yes or like a multi-use feature. Where I can keep my stuff in eachh account and when a friend or family use it they can have a guest account. Why not? Like on desktops? I don't think it's that hard to do.

Powered by Blackberry
    08-14-14 03:54 AM
    Samsung is rumored to be coming out with this feature soon. SMH. BlackBerry should wake up or repeat the same mistake they did with BBM aka WhatsApp being the leader in that field now.
    08-15-14 02:56 PM
    Samsung is rumored to be coming out with this feature soon. SMH. BlackBerry should wake up or repeat the same mistake they did with BBM aka WhatsApp being the leader in that field now.
    Actually HTC and Nokia Windows phone and Samsung's already do but on the device not on the server
    Each app in the child mode is seperate from outside the kidmode sandbox
    Samsung's Knox mode where certain apps are locked away

Balance isn't a unique feature at all
    Only bbry links it to a server however Knox will be adding it soon to be server enforced via Google.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    wincyUt likes this.
    08-16-14 07:04 AM
    Op I suspect BlackBerry Cloud BES services will be rolled out for persons fitting your description. It is already being tested you can enroll in a "free " program till next year, can't remember when it expires but it allows you to manage all devices including IOS and Android. You get 50 free licenses.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 06:35 PM
    I think if they had a way to sign up for a free or low cost cloud BES subscription, people who care about that stuff will sign up. Add to that the ability to pay 30 a year for BBM Protected, and have encrypted messaging capability with all other subscribers, and that would be pretty neat to offer.

I really look forward to seeing what cloud BES 12 brings to bb10 and more importantly to cross platform.
    08-18-14 06:45 PM
    If you go to the site blackberry.icanmakeitbetter I have asked them to input them. Currently my idea is under review. More votes can always help in showing blackberry this is a feature we want. Check it out at the link below.

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....kberry-balance
    08-18-14 06:51 PM
    And a Dual Sim

Actually a dual sim card would be better than balance..Providing that there would be a switch to use those phone number 1 or 2 or both.

would be good for those who work on both side of the country; Canada-USA. 2 different phone numbers and avoid roaming charge.

Unless Balance can have 2 phone numbers attach to it....
    Last edited by Alain_A; 09-01-14 at 06:25 PM.
    08-19-14 10:59 PM