Im having an issue where my phone constantly gives me notifications for the last message received. It happens when I open my mail app, if I open some game apps, the same notification appears over and over again. Is there a way to stop this? I've tried uninstalling the app and re installing it but it does not resolve the issue. For example I got a message 8 hours ago and I got 5 or 6 notifications for it today so far.
    08-12-14 02:56 PM
    Im having an issue where my phone constantly gives me notifications for the last message received. It happens when I open my mail app, if I open some game apps, the same notification appears over and over again. Is there a way to stop this? I've tried uninstalling the app and re installing it but it does not resolve the issue. For example I got a message 8 hours ago and I got 5 or 6 notifications for it today so far.
    Have you updated to the latest version of bbm?

Try playing with these settings (turning then off and back on)

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    08-12-14 08:47 PM
    I updated to the latest version which was released yesterday. It didn't help. I also tinkered around with the notification settings to no avail. Basically unless I open the app and read the message, it will keep notifying me of the message when I open other apps. Strange.
    08-13-14 10:00 AM
    I've seen this on iOS with Channel notifications. Kept getting the notification for the same thing over and over but has since stopped all on its own.
    08-13-14 10:08 AM
    08-13-14 10:56 AM
    I updated to the latest version which was released yesterday. It didn't help. I also tinkered around with the notification settings to no avail. Basically unless I open the app and read the message, it will keep notifying me of the message when I open other apps. Strange.
    My wife on her iPhone 4 has the same issue. She will receive multiple alerts for some messages from me, and the only way to make it stop is for her to open the message and start responding to it. It doesn't matter if she actually finishes responding or bails out, its the act of starting to reply that makes it stop.

It really annoys her and I can appreciate why. I am hoping that BB fixes this in the near future.
    08-25-14 12:43 PM
    I gave up and deleted the app, wasn't worth the aggravation. Thanks for the suggestions everyone
    08-25-14 12:46 PM
    The BBM on IOS team should get fired! ASAP! The app is lacking a lot of features, and even the basics don't work right!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:57 AM
    Latest update
    "Addresses a bug where users would receive repeated notifications for messages they?ve previously viewed"
    09-04-14 04:20 PM
    Latest update
    "Addresses a bug where users would receive repeated notifications for messages they?ve previously viewed"
    I hope you are right as that would be awesome.

My only other wish list item then is for them to add video (or any for that matter) file transfers. It's annoying as heck that I can send a video to an iOS user but they can't in return.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3337
    09-04-14 10:13 PM