It's reduced to �135 on the official store, and since she's in desperate need of a phone but can't afford one I've done the good deed and have surprised her with a delivery in a day or two.

Well I have to retain my reputation as the best uncle in the world, right?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 11:19 AM
    Very nice gesture and solid choice of a phone to give her.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 11:26 AM
    Solid choice? Op, you think replies aren't going to be biased. She would've been much more pleased with an iPhone or galaxy. However the fact that it was free and a gift I'm sure she'll be thankful.
    08-12-14 11:36 AM
    Solid choice? Op, you think replies aren't going to be biased. She would've been much more pleased with an iPhone or galaxy. However the fact that it was free and a gift I'm sure she'll be thankful.
    How would you know what she'd be most pleased with?

She definitely wouldn't be pleased with an iPhone, she doesn't like them. And she's not interested in going for the latest and greatest.

Don't assume.
    SmileDahling, sk8er_tor and alkomy like this.
    08-12-14 11:38 AM
    ??? It is a solid choice of a phone, just like iPhone and various Android phones are. Honestly, whatever...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:53 PM
    Totally agree...

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 12:53 PM
    Your reply to the OP sounds like you have strong anti-BlackBerry bias.
    08-12-14 12:54 PM
    It's reduced to �135 on the official store, and since she's in desperate need of a phone but can't afford one I've done the good deed and have surprised her with a delivery in a day or two.

Well I have to retain my reputation as the best uncle in the world, right?

Posted via CB10
    Is that 135 US? I am seeing it for $209.... I would definitely jump on another one for 135!!!

You are the kind of uncle every good kid wants!!!!!!!!!
    08-12-14 12:58 PM
    Is that 135 US? I am seeing it for $209.... I would definitely jump on another one for 135!!!

You are the kind of uncle every good kid wants!!!!!!!!!
    Crackberry doesn't support the pound sterling sign for reasons unknown....it's only one of the world's reserve currencies, not important in any way.....so GBP is the alternate way of putting it ;-)

���������������� So there!!

It's a pretty decent price for what you get. It'll be the first modern touchscreen phone she's ever had. Basically her last phone broke and she's not working at the moment much to her frustration. So this will cheer her up a bit with luck.
    08-12-14 01:05 PM
    Crackberry doesn't support the pound sterling sign for reasons unknown....it's only one of the world's reserve currencies, not important in any way.....so GBP is the alternate way of putting it ;-)

���������������� So there!!

It's a pretty decent price for what you get. It'll be the first modern touchscreen phone she's ever had. Basically her last phone broke and she's not working at the moment much to her frustration. So this will cheer her up a bit with luck.
    LOL about the currency deal.

Please get a photo of her when you give her the phone, and post it in this thread!
    08-12-14 01:12 PM
    Ha, I'll ask her to send me one of it!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 01:15 PM
    I'm special. I was about to ask if I'd missed the part where you specified which "one". . . then I realized I'm on the Z10 forum. Wow.

Anyways. Good job OP!
    08-12-14 02:20 PM
    Great job, OP, and also a great job handling the one who opened his mouth and inserted foot! (I would say that person was trolling, but I don't want to start a war. You ended bit quite nicely)

You and I know the Z10 is a great phone and I am sure you will make your niece's day!!

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    08-12-14 02:47 PM
    Don't tell others what to do. This is a forum.
    When I started my day, I thought I will be nice to everyone today, and that too with a smile. But I guess I will have to wait for some other day for that to happen.
    Are you just rude, or plain stupid?
    08-12-14 02:52 PM
    Are you just rude, or plain stupid?
    Nope .............he's Aquateen!
    08-12-14 03:15 PM
    As long as you help her with SNAP and download candy crush, instagram, camera 360, 9gag andd the lot I think she'll be satisfied. Well done uncle.

Differentiate or Die
    08-12-14 03:17 PM
    As long as you help her with SNAP and download candy crush, instagram, camera 360, 9gag andd the lot I think she'll be satisfied. Well done uncle.

Differentiate or Die
    Ye-es....except that bar the first of those which I know well, I have not a clue what you're on about. Oh to be 21 again!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 05:06 PM
    Nice gift. My daughter loves her Z10. She moved from an Android phone. She has an android tablet. My son has to wait a year but he wants a BlackBerry too.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-12-14 08:57 PM
    I was chatting to my nephew about it last night (pointing out he gets a proper Christmas present and she doesn't this year - got to manage these things!), and he has just inherited his step-dad's S4, so they'll both be sorted. Given the above comment in this thread, I was somewhat amused when said about his new one "could be worse, could be an iPhone"....

They're not particularly BlackBerry fans in that family by the way.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:49 AM
    Interested to hear or see your nieces reaction to the phone OP. That?s a nice gesture and fantastic phone if I do say so myself!

There was a similar thread in the Z10 forum I read several months ago, where a brother bought his sister a brand new Z10 (full pop). She had broke her iPhone and couldn't afford a new one. When she received the phone only to find out it was a BlackBerry, she was extremely ungrateful and actually handed the phone back to the brother if I recall correctly. Sad but true story!

Look! It's Zedzilla10!
    08-13-14 09:27 PM
    I'm rather curious myself! She won't react that way, I'm certain. She's not at all tribal about her phone brand. But it will be the first all touch phone she's had, and the first one that's reasonably up to date, rather than hand me downs.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 01:49 AM
    You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-14-14 01:51 AM
    I'm rather curious myself! She won't react that way, I'm certain. She's not at all tribal about her phone brand. But it will be the first all touch phone she's had, and the first one that's reasonably up to date, rather than hand me downs.

Posted via CB10
    My daughter loves StoryMaker and Time Shift feature on her Z10. She has also found a bunch of fun photo apps that she loves such as Photo funia. Snap has worked well for her and she has been able to find apps that she needs for her school group chat (for homework and sports activities) . She uses BBM Group too and loves the calendar integration with emails. Overall the Z10 has been a good fit for her. She hardly uses her tablet anymore. And most of her friends love the keyboard. Although she doesn't loan her phone out except for then to be added into contacts.

My daughter also loves the selection of cases available on Amazon. She has about five cases.

The Print Hand app has been great too and she now prints documents from her phone.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    Banco likes this.
    08-14-14 07:02 AM
    Well...she now has it!

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 12:47 PM
    What is her reaction??
    08-15-14 01:07 PM
37 12