Hi There,

When at work i like to use my blackberry as a USB device to move docs. Its convenient coz I always have my phone with me and i don't have to worry about carrying around a tiny flash that I can easily lose. Anyway, just a bit of background.

Recently, it started doing something strange though. When i connect my BB with the USB cable the device prompts me to choose either USB Device, Media Sync or Charge Only. I always choose USB device and my computers ANTI-virus (ESET nod32) starts scanning automatically and I can then access the SD card though my laptop. All of a sudden it kept giving the prompt over and over again. I'd choose USB Device and wait but no scan would start and the device isn't visible on my computer. It then prompts me again. This happens over and over again until i give up.

I do however frequently clear my event log as routine phone maintenance and noticed in the event log a post that said something about a blocked SD. Could this be the problem? How did it get blocked and how to I unblock it? I've never password locked the microSD so it cant be that and its a micro so no lock/unlock switch.
    08-12-14 09:41 AM
    I don't know but you can try using another usb cable. It might be that the cable is bad and loose easily or the usb ports are giving issues.
    And for your pc to read it as a blocked sd card, you can check your antivirus logs to see if it detected a problem with it.
    08-14-14 03:29 AM
    Use the Wi-FI file sharing. It's more convenient. No need to bring with you the cable all the time. Map your phone as a network drive so that it'll stay on your file explorer.
    08-14-14 03:33 AM