Currently running 10.1.0.4211 brand new Sprint Q10...bought it earlier off a guy for $60 because it was a good deal.

I currently own a iPhone 5 with Cricket and do not even have Sprint service. Heres what I want to ask...

1)Should I update the software on the device? (I know from jailbreaking iPhones that it isn't always good to update the OS)
    2)Can a Sprint Q10 be unlocked and who does it for the least amount of $?
    3)Instagram, snapchat, facebook, kik, Swarm aka Foursquare, any other good apps...where can I download these for free? (I'm hoping here)

I have already installed the BB10 chrome extension to be able to install Snap app, but my OS is out dated so Snap didn't install correctly.
    08-11-14 11:29 PM
    I don't know about the unlocking....

Most of the apps you listed are available through the amazon app store as well..

However I prefer for q series, Igrann for instagram from BlackBerry world.. I am sure much of what you listed is avail from BlackBerry world in some form.

Posted via CB10

Snap2chat, facebook, four square all avail..also skype, whine (vine) and.. netflix (from amazon)
    08-11-14 11:33 PM
    I dont even have the Amazon App store...I've been search in BBWorld app and it blows. Doesn't have anything.

It only had WhatsApp that I found useful....
    08-12-14 12:16 AM
    I dont even have the Amazon App store...I've been search in BBWorld app and it blows. Doesn't have anything.

It only had WhatsApp that I found useful....
    The Amazon App Store isn't officially part of BB10 just yet. It'll be coming along with 10.3. For now, you can manually install it.
    How to get Android apps on BlackBerry from the Amazon Appstore | CrackBerry.com
    08-12-14 12:19 AM
    Thanks for that info! Just checked my IMEI with cellunlocker and they said I can't unlock my device because it isn't a GSM phone....don't understand why my Sprint device has a slot for a SIM card then -_-
    08-12-14 12:27 AM