Each I bring my personal Z10 to work where I can connect it to our companies Visitor Wifi Hotspot. I get a notification on the Z10 stating the Hotspot is available and to Open it....all works fine after doing so, however I'd like this to automatic, like when I return home to my own Hotspot.

How can I make this a seamless connection each day?

Thanks.

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-11-14 01:02 PM
    Go into your wifi settings and turn off prompt for hotspot,
    08-11-14 02:53 PM
    Hmm, still having this issue. I checked wifi settings suggested earlier and they were already set that way.
    I only get prompted to connect when arriving at work each day. Could it be due to a 24hr expiration key my company has on the visitor Hotspot?

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-14-14 03:25 PM
    Hmm, still having this issue. I checked wifi settings suggested earlier and they were already set that way.
    I only get prompted to connect when arriving at work each day. Could it be due to a 24hr expiration key my company has on the visitor Hotspot?

Flicked out via Zed10
    It's on their end...not your phone. I have the same issue at ALL Starbucks and also at an administration building where I go once per week...yes it is a pita, but that's how THEY want you to connect...NOT automatically unfortunately.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    08-15-14 03:18 AM
    Yes, this makes sense. The visitor wifi access at our company is meant for visitors during a business day. They need the wifi access code, then get prompted to login...that requires an employees credentials. the idea is the visitor needs to be under the responsibility of an employee. I think this login expires at end of business day.
    This is likely what happens to my personal phone, even though it has cached my credential, I don't have to enter them each day...but I do need to tap Click to connect to this network each morning.

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-15-14 10:59 AM
    Yes, this makes sense. The visitor wifi access at our company is meant for visitors during a business day. They need the wifi access code, then get prompted to login...that requires an employees credentials. the idea is the visitor needs to be under the responsibility of an employee. I think this login expires at end of business day.
    This is likely what happens to my personal phone, even though it has cached my credential, I don't have to enter them each day...but I do need to tap Click to connect to this network each morning.

Flicked out via Zed10
    Yeah. This.

Maybe use the one with WPA2 Enterprise?

I know my Q10 doesn't ask me to enter anything when WiFi is on at work/school, but when I'm in an area with only the guest WiFi or SSID in proximity, it connects to that one but I noticed that I still have to click OK for the hotspot login.

After clicking that, my university credentials are already there and just cycles through the system pages, then suddenly goes to the "Your BlackBerry is now connected". Once I tap close, I'm suddenly connected to the Cisco IPSec VPN and the BlackBerry network, as indicated by that little security key on the top left and the BlackBerry logo by the WiFi and cellular signal indicator, respectively.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 on AT&T
    08-15-14 11:19 AM
    What I find stupid about our company method, an employee login and pwd must entered on a visitors phone/pc for them to use the visitor wifi. What's to stop them from caching the employee credentials and rejoining any time in the future? Worse yet. With those creds, they could use them on any pc already on the Corp network....exposing the account.

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-15-14 07:20 PM
    What I find stupid about our company method, an employee login and pwd must entered on a visitors phone/pc for them to use the visitor wifi. What's to stop them from caching the employee credentials and rejoining any time in the future? Worse yet. With those creds, they could use them on any pc already on the Corp network....exposing the account.
    Visitors should never be on the corp network anyway, Visitor access via a guest portal with proper guest access and into a Guest VLAN. Aruba & Ruckus solutions easily provide this, heck they will print/email/sms the guest when the Employee approves visitor access.

If they require internal access, this is provided by Citrix/Terminal Services (Jump Host) Corp Data does not leave the Corp Network.
    08-15-14 07:42 PM
    I'm thinking of a malicious access, say to an employees pc or in a conference room.... an unattended visitor logins in to the Corp network on that pc using creds captured to his own laptop or phone from a permitted visitor wifi access earlier that day or some previous day.
    We are told never to give out our login creds, yet this is how we get visitors on wifi....entering them on a device we do not control.

Flicked out via Zed10
    08-15-14 08:55 PM