Hey everyone, I recently bought a Q and after a couple days, I've noticed that the Spacebar doesn't feel as solid as the other keys, and moves around a bit and has a funny click to it, unlike the other keys. I think it is loose. Is there anything I can do to fix it? If so, how would I go about fixing it? Thanks!

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-10-14 11:57 PM
    Yup same with my q10 just use it it will get not loose anymore

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 12:07 AM
    Mine felt a bit loose when I got the device but now, after a month and a half, it is less loose and feels a lot better. Got to add though, functionality has always been perfect.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:14 AM
    Yeah, same with me,
    But it isn't much 'loose' just some movement on the right and left side off the spacebar.

Make sure to press the spacebar in the center. And not right or left side. Well, at least, that's what I try to do.

Not an issue to be worried much about, it is normal because the spacebar being bigger than the other keys, tends to show some extra movement.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:38 AM
    Same here. It does feel loose if your try to press on the left or right side without fully depressing it. I try to type on the center of the space bar. Good to hear from others that the "looseness" tends to get less pronounced after long term use.

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 likes this.
    08-11-14 08:57 AM
    It is a strange "looseness" phenomenon, but yes, I'm glad to hear that it seems to get better with time

Envoy� par mon Z10
    08-11-14 10:50 AM
    No, not really. The "wobbly, squeaky" spacebar is a defect that is widespread. Had it on my Q10 too. Return it to the vendor/carrier and ask for a new one! Believe me, once you get a immaculate keyboard/spacebar, it is like night and day!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 01:57 PM
    Like I said, mine became ?normal? after more than a month of use. Throughout the whole time it has functioned perfectly. Would not bother changing the device over this, specially chances are you could get many more defective keys.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:02 PM
    I've never had any trouble with my space bar button, or any part of my keyboard really.

However, one thing that bothers me that I notice a lot, and I don't know if anyone else has experienced this as well, but my "0" button seems to lag all the time. If I go and type a number like 15480.. the zero takes a good half second to appear, often times showing up after I hit the send button.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    08-11-14 03:34 PM
    That seem very odd that it would tighten up over time (IMHO). Interesting to say the least, but sounds like it's been confirmed by several users.
    Hope this gets sorted out for you!
    08-12-14 07:56 AM
    I used to have a wobbly spacebar, spongy keys and the double typing issue too. I bought a replacement keyboard and replaced it myself and all the problems cleared right up and the keys are much more "clicky" and responsive than before.

However, as doing it yourself like I've done voids your warranty, you'd be better returning your Q10 for repair.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-14 09:32 AM
    Ditto the spacebar "issue" if it's even an issue. Mine kind of depresses on the left side but it doesn't bother me though and it works fine.
    08-12-14 08:43 PM
    The same as mine. I also test my old 9700, its space button is loose like new Q10. It's normal. No need to worry about that, because the space bar use only one node to connect to mainboard despite of its size.

Another thing I just want to ask you guys here that the upper left conner of screen is little high of the frame. You only notice that when observing your device in horizontal. Does anybody here have this problem?

Posted by my Cute 10!
    08-12-14 09:07 PM
    I had this, where the spacebar had to be hit in the center, or else it would sort of lean in one direction or the other. I exchanged it and got a new one. It's not supposed to be like that.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:57 AM
    The same as mine. I also test my old 9700, its space button is loose like new Q10. It's normal. No need to worry about that, because the space bar use only one node to connect to mainboard despite of its size.

Another thing I just want to ask you guys here that the upper left conner of screen is little high of the frame. You only notice that when observing your device in horizontal. Does anybody here have this problem?

Posted by my Cute 10!
    I cannot actually see the screen elevation but if I press along the left edge of the screen I can hear a squeaky sound. But that is nothing to worry about. Sure, I would probably get the phone exchanged if I lived in a country where BlackBerry is a popular brand but here handing over the device for warranty for such minor issues that do not affect the functionality at all would simply take way too much time.

Actually, if I stare at the screen long enough. I can see the elevation but it is TINY, and I would not worry about it too much. Then again, I take very good care of my device..

Posted via CB10
    dream100cc likes this.
    08-13-14 03:29 AM
    Hi lustekarlis,
    Very glad to hear your reply. I just like you, living in the country which has bad warranty service from BlackBerry. My Q also got the squeaky sound at the left edge screen in the first week. Up to now, about 1 month, this sound has came away. But the left conner of screen still could be pushed down a bit and then it slips up already. Sorry I can not describe exactly what I mean in English. Hope you guys could understand.

I also found out some threads about clicking-sound and screen problems. So, I didn't not open a new thread, and went to this topic. I don't want to repair or replace because of above reason. I just want to know how my Q could survive in a long-term usage with the issue like that. And is it a popular/wide spread problem on Q10?

Posted by my Cute 10!
    08-13-14 04:46 AM
    Hi lustekarlis,
    Very glad to hear your reply. I just like you, living in the country which has bad warranty service from BlackBerry. My Q also got the squeaky sound at the left edge screen in the first week. Up to now, about 1 month, this sound has came away. But the left conner of screen still could be pushed down a bit and then it slips up already. Sorry I can not describe exactly what I mean in English. Hope you guys could understand.

I also found out some threads about clicking-sound and screen problems. So, I didn't not open a new thread, and went to this topic. I don't want to repair or replace because of above reason. I just want to know how my Q could survive in a long-term usage with the issue like that. And is it a popular/wide spread problem on Q10?

Posted by my Cute 10!
    I reallllyyy doubt the squeaky screen edge will cause any issue at all. As for the keys, mine have been quite clicky, and the space bar has become more solid. All in all, keyboard is fully responsive. I would rather order some spare parts and attempt to make repairs myself than go through the hell off warranty herem specially since I could be given a more defective device in exchange which would only make the whole process lengthier.

Posted via CB10
    dream100cc likes this.
    08-13-14 07:16 AM
    The screen left edge
    (little higher) and the squeaky space bar is almost in every Q10
    Very few don't have the above "problems "
    The space bar gets almost normal in about 2 months of use (have 3 Q10 in the family) and all came with the same issue on space bar and the little higher left edge screen
    Don't worry
    Enjoy the Q love

Posted via CB10
    purplefish212 and dream100cc like this.
    08-13-14 08:11 AM
    I had ordered a Q10 online and received a similar unit with these issues:
    1. The spacebar was loosely fixed.
    2. The top left part of the screen was squeaky.
    However my touchscreen didn't respond after few hours and I returned the set and those guys promised me a refund. But during those few hours I fell in love with the Q and was convinced it's perfect for me so bought another unit from a BlackBerry retailer at the official price.
    This unit feels perfect... the spacebar is perfect, in line with other keys and the screen is also solidly fixed. When I told the retailer about the issue, his reply surprised me. He said maybe I received a refurbished unit and a lot of them are selling such units that's why they manage to price it that low.

Dunno if it's true or he was just trying to defame cos online sellers are giving him a tough time in business. But when I compare both the units it's definitely worth a thought.

Posted via CB10
    dream100cc likes this.
    08-13-14 09:00 AM
    I had ordered a Q10 online and received a similar unit with these issues:
    1. The spacebar was loosely fixed.
    2. The top left part of the screen was squeaky.
    However my touchscreen didn't respond after few hours and I returned the set and those guys promised me a refund. But during those few hours I fell in love with the Q and was convinced it's perfect for me so bought another unit from a BlackBerry retailer at the official price.
    This unit feels perfect... the spacebar is perfect, in line with other keys and the screen is also solidly fixed. When I told the retailer about the issue, his reply surprised me. He said maybe I received a refurbished unit and a lot of them are selling such units that's why they manage to price it that low.

Dunno if it's true or he was just trying to defame cos online sellers are giving him a tough time in business. But when I compare both the units it's definitely worth a thought.

Posted via CB10
    Mine is a brand new device and I got it from the official distributor of BlackBerry for my country. So, I believe that they wouldn't sell the refurbished products. In my region, the 2nd BlackBerry devices have a very low price, but I don't trust any sellers or dealers. Because my friend is also a seller, he has some cheats to transform a 2nd device into a brand new even prints fake boxes.

Anyway. Congratulation! You finally got the best device for yourself and thanks for your information!
    The screen left edge
    (little higher) and the squeaky space bar is almost in every Q10
    Very few don't have the above "problems "
    The space bar gets almost normal in about 2 months of use (have 3 Q10 in the family) and all came with the same issue on space bar and the little higher left edge screen
    Don't worry
    Enjoy the Q love

Posted via CB10
    Hi Naeg1995,
    IIRC, you are the one who play the thread with screen problem. I read your topic as soon as I found out my problem. I think no need to worry about that, because my Q works perfectly, no doubly typing issue, no touch screen problem, etc. But I'm afraid that one day my screen would slip out of the frame (I imagined that). I also watched some videos on youtube regarding tears down the Q10, and I found that there is no adhesive material between the screen and frame. Just slide Q's screen into frame, that's all. Hence, I really don't know why it could be like that. In addition, I also contacted the distributor, a employee told me that there is a cable connector under upper left corner, so that's normal.

Phew, I'm just a dude!
    08-13-14 10:58 AM
    For me it all comes down to warranty service quality and responsiveness. If you know your carrier/shop can and will be cooperative in terms of handling your issues in a timely manner, go with it and ask for a replacement device. Here no carrier offers any BlackBerry OS10 device, the Z10 at the most. We have at least one BlackBerry authorized service but they still send the devices over to another country. Overall, customer service can be too much of a hassle here unless you are a business client with high demands and spending big chunks of money at the respective carrier.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:15 AM
    The same situation as my country. The distributor would replace a new device by getting another one from another country such as from Singapore. Hence, the customers like me have to wait about 1 to 2 months for a new one. It's so annoy.

Posted by my Cute 10!
    08-13-14 10:12 PM
    i have just glued to my spacebar buttone
    08-14-14 04:47 AM
    My Blackberry Passport Spacebar Feels loose too, very disappointing. with clicking sound as well.
    10-09-14 02:47 AM
    Clicking sound is good.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:22 AM