Whats up guys, I love my Q10, phone does everything:
    - great keyboard
    - fast processor
    - feels good in the hand
    - responsive touchscreen
    - perfect form factor/ size
    - great signal strength

However, I guess since I am, on "quote", in the eyes of society young (24) and everyone has iPhones, I am looked at is if I am an outcast because I don't succumb to the sheep ways.

And girls, "oh come on you need emojis" and than I have to explain that I like blackberry better, blah blah blah, they don't get it. Its getting to the point where its boiling my blood!!

As if they think I have an outdated phone, but don't really know that I'm in fact a tech nerd, and THAT is why I love my blackberry.

Don't get me wrong I do like the iPhone also, considering I switch back and forth buying both phones outright full contract (which is getting ridiculous) This needs to be addressed. Blackberry - your marketing team needs to do something about this. communicating with other devices is such a hassle. No emoji support (not that I use this often) but come on now, how hard can this implantation be. Even texts are delayed to iPhones. Very very very frustrating.

anyone else experience this hate?
    08-10-14 08:58 PM
    Tell these girls "men don't do emojis."
    08-10-14 09:01 PM
    I've experienced the same thing with my Z10 and Z30. It's more of an irrational hate for BlackBerry and uneducated consumers who believe that Android and iOS are the only operating systems left on the market. It's BlackBerry's fault for these views as well because they haven't done a good job of marketing BB10 or any of the devices.

Hopefully these misconceptions stop now that John Chen is in charge. BlackBerry needs to make a splash and he has to be the one to deliver it.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    08-10-14 09:08 PM
    I'm not sure about texts being delayed to iPhones, but I would assume it is on the end of the provider or the phone or Apple's proprietary messaging system.

I no longer get frustrated with iPhone users when they challenge my choice. If they push it though, I ask them to send me an email with several different types of attachments, or to quickly find all their messages like in our hub. Or go to a website and download a free song, like the national anthem, or show me how they organize their files. The point is, iPhone has apps, but BB has lots of apps too, plus a better OS.
    08-10-14 09:09 PM
    Whats up guys, I love my Q10, phone does everything:
    - great keyboard
    - fast processor
    - feels good in the hand
    - responsive touchscreen
    - perfect form factor/ size
    - great signal strength

However, I guess since I am, on "quote", in the eyes of society young (24) and everyone has iPhones, I am looked at is if I am an outcast because I don't succumb to the sheep ways.

And girls, "oh come on you need emojis" and than I have to explain that I like blackberry better, blah blah blah, they don't get it. Its getting to the point where its boiling my blood!!

As if they think I have an outdated phone, but don't really know that I'm in fact a tech nerd, and THAT is why I love my blackberry.

Don't get me wrong I do like the iPhone also, considering I switch back and forth buying both phones outright full contract (which is getting ridiculous) This needs to be addressed. Blackberry - your marketing team needs to do something about this. communicating with other devices is such a hassle. No emoji support (not that I use this often) but come on now, how hard can this implantation be. Even texts are delayed to iPhones. Very very very frustrating.

I'm in the same situation

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:10 PM
    Well, tell them to get on BBM.
    Problem solved.
    JLErwin3, brian4591 and jd6102 like this.
    08-10-14 09:12 PM
    Just brush it off, guys. The phone works for you, and that's what's great and matters. Oh, BTW--those texts not reaching iPhones? I'd wager that's more an iPhone issue. You see, they like to do things their way, even when they get sued.
    08-10-14 09:13 PM
    I never argue about which phone is better, I will stick up for my BlackBerry but I also never put down another phone either. To each his/her own.

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-10-14 09:17 PM
    Glad to see there's others with the emotions as me.

Yes the majority of the people I communicate with I have them download to bbm just to shut them up, but it's not the same for them. My buddies find it annoying to going into another app just to talk to one person. Which is understandable.

Yes it definitely is the fault of BlackBerry.. letting the dominant market share slip right out from under us. Tisk Tisk Tisk. Good thing I like Chen and I believe he's taking right steps to eliminate some of these issues.

As for the texts being delayed, yes I agree it is a major part of the provider (sprint, att, verizon, etc) however iphones to iphones don't have that problem, so why should we.

It's just very annoying that BlackBerry is so frowned upon, god bless Steve jobs, ultimate genius that he was, brainwashed apple users.

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    08-10-14 09:17 PM
    It's a phone. Don't be so dramatic about it. Seriously, do people refuse to associate with you because you don't have a iPhone? I don't think so.

No. I have never experienced hate over the phone I choose, clothes I wear, car I drive. I don't mingle with haters.

Yes. BlackBerry emoji supports stinks. In the meantime tell your girlfriends to download BBM on their phones or lose your number.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-10-14 09:22 PM
    Use it to your advantage. One of the greatest "features" afforded by a BlackBerry is the "commonly accepted knowledge" that it sucks, it's slow, it loses messages, shuts off in the middle of calls, hour-glasses, crashes, can't connect to the Internet for undetermined periods of time, needs battery pulls, etc.

What does this mean to you? It's the perfect excuse for almost any 'tight' social/work "situation" you may find yourself in!

Don't want to pick up the call? Need to cut the call short? Don't feel like responding to that email/sms? Don't want to talk to anyone for a few days? Don't worry, just do what you need to do and if anyone ever asks what happened, just tell them your blackberry was acting up ... no one will question the veracity, they will only show empathy and pity.

Lord knows, as a young guy... you're gonna want to have all the excuses you can find.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 09:38 PM
    Seeing all these young guys wanting to impress a chick is neat though. But hey. Young guy: Chicks like a mysterious dude. That you have a BlackBerry in the midst of all the hate makes you unique. The right chick is gonna dig you man.

IPhone seems like a phone for senior citizens or 13 year old girls. A cool dude is gonna have a BlackBerry or at least a weird android totally customized to stand out from the crowd.

Just like a girl who likes you only if you're driving a BMW, you don't need that hassle! Go for the chick who likes your 1970 VW Bus.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.2.1531 / T-Mobile USA
    08-10-14 09:41 PM
    Make a bet... send an email with multiple type attachements: an image, a pdf file, a note/document file... Can't be done on iToy!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    JLErwin3 and Q10Bold like this.
    08-11-14 12:57 AM
    Real men use BlackBerry's.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 01:12 AM
    I won't quote the OP, but this is my comment to you. Your friends sound very immature. Eventually, you will outgrow these childish acting people, and find true friends who aren't all about emojis. Its really uncool of them to treat you like an outcast. Time to really examine your friendships with people and decide if you want to continue hanging with them.
    Shadowyugi and jaydee5799 like this.
    08-11-14 01:25 AM
    A bit over the top title, I might change it. As to your concerns, I don't do emojis unless I'm in bbm, those smileys on SMS are annoying to say the very least!!

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    Blacklatino and deezy87 like this.
    08-11-14 01:37 AM
    I just smile, nod and have a smug grin on my face .

I don't have any immediate friends/family who have a blackberry. My husband has a Samsung, and my son has a Samsung Tablet. My son is always pinching my playbook off me as it's "better than his" and I get a better wifi signal at the bottom of the garden than my husband , not to mention mobile signal when we are out and about.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 02:17 AM
    Tell these girls "men don't do emojis."
    Lmao reminds me of some movie where a gangsta says what's with the smokey face wtf is that?

Wish I could recall it right now.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-11-14 02:29 AM
    Well, I love my BlackBerry, and I don't want to explain others why I do love it.
    I use Whatsapp flawlessly and people are amazed with the speed. Some often even ask what phone do I use?

A BlackBerry is meant to do its work, Emojis? We do have emojis, but not in every text filed, I do understand that, BlackBerry also being used mostly by people who are into E-Mails, and serious business, don't need to use much of emojis.

I have used almost all these high end devices from 2011, counting from the Samsung Galaxy S2, to the HTC One M8, and the iPhone 5S.

I still have the iPhone5S, but trust me, the BlackBerry Q10 is my primary device. I only use the iPhone for facetime, and some other tiny-petty things. I'm proud to own a blackberry. Being able to type without even looking at the keyboard
    Shadowyugi and JesseBabe23 like this.
    08-11-14 02:30 AM
    Seeing all these young guys wanting to impress a chick is neat though. But hey. Young guy: Chicks like a mysterious dude. That you have a BlackBerry in the midst of all the hate makes you unique. The right chick is gonna dig you man.

IPhone seems like a phone for senior citizens or 13 year old girls. A cool dude is gonna have a BlackBerry or at least a weird android totally customized to stand out from the crowd.

Just like a girl who likes you only if you're driving a BMW, you don't need that hassle! Go for the chick who likes your 1970 VW Bus.

This made my day!
    Well said

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    08-11-14 02:31 AM
    How about telling those chicks to have a actual conversation instead of hiding behind that damn phone, no matter what brand they're using :P

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 03:04 AM
    It's not 2007 anymore. The worlds moved on. BB's are cool now.
    08-11-14 03:19 AM
    just do not give a sh!t about idiots
    08-11-14 03:40 AM
    oh believe me, I've outgrown them years ago, hence I'm single and no friends haha

and to the other poster, i do drive a BMW haha. just immature minds with ridiculous perceptions of the best phones on the market

I won't quote the OP, but this is my comment to you. Your friends sound very immature. Eventually, you will outgrow these childish acting people, and find true friends who aren't all about emojis. Its really uncool of them to treat you like an outcast. Time to really examine your friendships with people and decide if you want to continue hanging with them.
    08-11-14 04:38 AM
    oh believe me, I've outgrown them years ago, hence I'm single and no friends haha

and to the other poster, i do drive a BMW haha. just immature minds with ridiculous perceptions of the best phones on the market
    I said BMW because that is what I imagine as the typical BlackBerry user. I'm the old hippie who is suppose to either have an old flop phone or no cell phone at all.

But from my point of view it's nice to know that people who drive BMWs have the same types of problems the rest of us do.

What I said still stands. Screw what anyone thinks.

Blacklatino and bbnrs like this.
    08-11-14 06:19 AM
91 123 ...