Hi guys

Gave as a gift to my sister a Bold 9900 but she uses a different carrier. The stupid guy at the store told her the Bold was damaged and sold an Android device to her which she didn't like. The shop assistant obviously got his comission and the only thing he had to do was to unlock the phone. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 06:17 PM
    Does the carrier give out unlock codes for free? If so, the choice is obvious.

If they don't, I would shop around. Ask the carrier how much they would charge, and then look at the various services available here on Crackberry, locally, etc.
    08-10-14 06:29 PM
    Very easy procedure , yes you can do yourself !

Have purchased unlock codes online and eBay without any problems.
    08-10-14 07:22 PM
    Hi guys. Thanks for yor reply. According to the brazilian phone carrier rules they must unlock for free but the codes available on ebay are cheaper considering the fuel and parking fees I must pay to got to the carrier store.
    08-11-14 07:47 AM
    Hi guys. Thanks for yor reply. According to the brazilian phone carrier rules they must unlock for free but the codes available on ebay are cheaper considering the fuel and parking fees I must pay to got to the carrier store.
    Is it really necessary to go to the carrier store ?

Did you ask if they could send you the code via email like all the online sellers ?
    08-11-14 07:56 AM
    I didn't ask because I thought they wouldn't do that. Will call their customer support instead. Thanks for the heads up.
    08-11-14 08:08 AM
    Murundum,

Hello and welcome. Yes, you can do it yourself, as I did. If you are NOT in a hurry and you're willing to wait 2 days, I suggest going to Blackberry Unlock Codes - #1 Source for FREE Unlock Codes and following their instructions. I used this site to unlock by BB 9900 last January while vacationing in the US. I got my phone in Canada and it was locked to Bell Mobility. After following the site's instructions I was able to unlock it and use it with a different carrier's SIM card. It's totally free, but the "catch" is: after you supply them all your phone's technical information you will need to wait 48 hours before returning to their site and retrieving the unlock code. The site has clear, step-by-step instructions.

And just to be clear: I'm not in any way affiliated with the site. I'm not shilling for them. This is an honest retelling of my experience unlocking by Bold using the site.

Hope this helps.

Elrohir59
    Last edited by Elrohir59; 08-22-14 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Clarification
    08-22-14 10:37 PM