So my 3rd playbook arrived Friday. I got it off ebay.ca as used from an ebay electronics store.
    Used was explained as 'could be floor model or used for a short time and returned to store'

Set up was as easy as the previous two that I have. I installed battery guru on it.
    Here are the battery readings , first from the newly purchased one and then the others:

Just purchased used on ebay: 64g: voltage: 3.77, recharge count: 42, battery health: 92%
    My first playbook (NIB) : 32g: voltage: 4.00, recharge count: 329, battery health: 90%
    2nd playbook (ebay NIB) : 64g : voltage: 3.88, recharge count: 184, battery health: 84%

So, what do playbook lovers think? Did I get a good one or not?
    08-10-14 09:05 AM
    If you paid more than 50 bucks then, no you didn't get a good deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:17 AM
    Most of the ones I find from eBay or Kijiji have a recharge count in the 40's or lower. Which is great because it really didn't get much usage.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    08-10-14 10:22 AM
    If you paid more than 50 bucks then, no you didn't get a good deal.

Posted via CB10
    What is your basis for thinking 'more than 50 bucks' would not be a good deal?

I posted this thread as a playbook lover, although if I buy anymore I could be called a playbook hoarder
    08-10-14 10:28 AM
    What is your basis for thinking 'more than 50 bucks' would not be a good deal?

I posted this thread as a playbook lover, although if I buy anymore I could be called a playbook hoarder
    My basis for knowing that you got a bad deal if you paid more than 50 is the simple fact that Playbooks are virtually worthless. They have little to no value.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 10:58 AM
    I paid $80 for a 64GB model last weekend. I think it's great value personally. I use it everyday.

Posted via CB10
    castoridae likes this.
    08-10-14 11:20 AM
    My basis for knowing that you got a bad deal if you paid more than 50 is the simple fact that Playbooks are virtually worthless. They have little to no value.

Posted via CB10
    Subjective views are not objective fact.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Really? You know? Who the fu** are you?
    - a money market graduate? Whooo hoooo
    - or maybe you get secret messages beamed down to you from aliens hiding behind the moon?

My first response to you above was friendly.
    I said I posted as a playbook lover.
    I posted on the PLAYBOOK forum

I don't know what device you favour and I don't care.

My advice to you would be to stop spending your time playing life-wasting, downloaded internet games, get off your atrophied tush, walk out into the world, go to a real market where people interact with each other and bargain for goods so each person walks away pleased with what they paid, regardless of what the people before or after them paid for the same item.

I can't believe you wasted your time visiting a forum on a subject you dislike.
    I truly feel sorry for how pathetically small your universe is.
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-10-14 11:56 AM
    Really? You know? Who the fu** are you?
    - a money market graduate? Whooo hoooo
    - or maybe you get secret messages beamed down to you from aliens hiding behind the moon?

My first response to you above was friendly.
    I said I posted as a playbook lover.
    I posted on the PLAYBOOK forum

I don't know what device you favour and I don't care.

My advice to you would be to stop spending your time playing life-wasting, downloaded internet games, get off your atrophied tush, walk out into the world, go to a real market where people interact with each other and bargain for goods so each person walks away pleased with what they paid, regardless of what the people before or after them paid for the same item.

I can't believe you wasted your time visiting a forum on a subject you dislike.
    I truly feel sorry for how pathetically small your universe is.
    U mad?

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:19 PM
    U mad?

Posted via CB10
    Nope.
    08-10-14 12:48 PM
    The battery voltage drops as the battery discharges so that's not a very useful stat by itself.
    The highest health stat I have ever seen(from memory) for a new playbook is 94-95%.

I would guess you have done pretty well.
    Do the camera's work?
    $50.00 for a 16gig playbook sounds fair to me.
    A 32gig lte model would fetch considerably more.
    castoridae likes this.
    08-10-14 02:06 PM
    Its a 64 gig, and from the number if recharge readings, I believe it was a floor model, or one returned shortly after purchase.
    It was $80.00 Canadian, plus tax and shipping came to $104.00.
    My email loaded, wifi works, installed apps,
    Haven't tried photos or vids yet, but I figured if I posted all the readings from this new one, (only 42 charges), and my other 2, people could tell if it was a good healthy playbook.
    08-10-14 08:59 PM
    I paid $80 for a 64GB model last weekend. I think it's great value personally. I use it everyday.

Posted via CB10
    That's what this 64g cost (Canadian dollars), plus shipping and a bit of tax.
    Did you check its health with battery guru?
    08-10-14 09:02 PM
    That's what this 64g cost (Canadian dollars), plus shipping and a bit of tax.
    Did you check its health with battery guru?
    Yes I did. The recharge count was in the 40's when I received it. Battery Health is 92%. Not complaining at all.
    castoridae likes this.
    08-11-14 06:14 AM
    I think you got a good deal on it. I have 2 16 gigs i gave to my two younger kids and they love them and mine is a 64 gig and works like a charm. All 3 i have invested just under $500.00 try doing that with any other 3 tablets
    08-11-14 08:45 AM
    I think you got a good deal on it. I have 2 16 gigs i gave to my two younger kids and they love them and mine is a 64 gig and works like a charm. All 3 i have invested just under $500.00 try doing that with any other 3 tablets
    That's a good deal - the 16 get have the simple cards, right?
    08-11-14 10:15 AM
    The battery voltage drops as the battery discharges so that's not a very useful stat by itself.
    The highest health stat I have ever seen(from memory) for a new playbook is 94-95%.
    I have an unused spare that Battery Guru shows at 100% health. Probably rare, though, as the one I use was, at 250 cycles or so, at 84% or so, and over time has dropped only slightly, at 680 cycles, to 81%. It's my guess that even new it was in the high 80s. But that's only after I run a couple of deep cycles, as it keeps dropping to 79% I'm actually a little obsessive about this, and I'd love it if someone would talk me out of it, since deep cycling a Li-ion battery really isn't a good thing long term.

I would guess you have done pretty well.
    Yeah, I'd agree.
    08-12-14 01:15 PM